Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2012.09.30, 08:28 AM   #11
matan-san

matan-san has had more than 15 seconds of fame

she almost didn't have a moment to rest during the TJ years and I think that had some impact on her creative output, so now I guess she just wants to relax and do other stuff she couldn't do while she was busy with TJ
matan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.09.30, 08:35 AM   #12
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

I've pretty much accepted that Ringo is going to be Kanno Yoko now, and I think I am fine with that.
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.09.30, 10:28 AM   #13
teattum

teattum has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Maybe I get it.

Ringo has done the three albums she wanted to do. The fourth is told to be done by demanding fans.

Ringo wanted also to do the band experience; as we can read on the internet, to revive her amateur band already but budding-experienced. So we had Tokyo Jihen.

And now, she want to increase her soundtracts proposal things. So I'm thinking that ringo not only desire to write the music she wants, but also all the kinds of work, in a way or another pertaining to the music domain.

Accordings to my erratic reads on the internet, ringo already produced some artists. So it would be no wondering if she would decide to become a producer in full-time, but still for a while, and then maybe another thing... Ringo wants to be a jack-of-all-music-trades!

Nothing is to be taken for true, just my thoughts about her.
teattum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.09.30, 12:57 PM   #14
matan-san

matan-san has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by teattum View Post
Ringo has done the three albums she wanted to do. The fourth is told to be done by demanding fans.
are you referring to Sanmon Gossip? where have you read that it was (probably) done because of fan demand? I really don't think that someone like Ringo would make an whole album just because of fan demand
matan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.09.30, 02:07 PM   #15
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

Minus several points for the V-sign. Seriously, no one over 12 should do that.

Plus several million points for staying productive.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.09.30, 03:28 PM   #16
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by matan-san View Post
are you referring to Sanmon Gossip? where have you read that it was (probably) done because of fan demand?
via interview translations on this forum (I can't be bothered to find them). She also said that she would consider touring SG if there was enough demand. And that Sports was an attempt at making an Ariamaru Tomi album, since that song was well-received by fans. And that she stopped writing all the Jihen music due to fan letters. Fan demand may not be the whole story, but this *is* what she's said, allegedly.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.10.05, 03:18 AM   #17
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

^ Yeah, that's true, though I can't point to any specifics either.

Ugh, Ringo is so cute! (Tangentially, Nimh can confirm, one of the Japanese teachers at the Japanese school we've both studied at looks just like her--you can actually see a pic here--and so does a student at the jr high where I teach now.) Ringo's dress in this pic is really adorable.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote