Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Polls
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polls This is where you find out how many people share your opinion - without prompting them to actually say something.
View Poll Results: Choose and loose!
Muzai Moratoruim 21 67.74%
Dynamite Out! 10 32.26%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009.05.14, 02:17 PM   #11
bromithia

bromithia has had more than 15 seconds of fame

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLkZ3r9fjyU
bromithia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.14, 02:17 PM   #12
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Looks like we are going to have to surround someone's house with pitchforks and torches.

Now it's true that Muzai Moratorium doesn't have Sounan, Ekimae, or Kokoro, and three tracks that fight to be just as good or better than the versions on Adult. It's also true that Muzai Moratorium doesn't have anything with as much calm-to-explosive contrast as the Phase 1 version of Yume no Ato.

But seriously though, nothing on any other album I've listened to, or any concert I've watched, has as much collective groove as the three opening tracks of Muzai Moratorium together. If you released them together on one single, it would destroy all other singles in existence. No three consecutive tracks on SS or KZK can beat it, and no three consecutive tracks on Electric Mole or Dynamite Out can beat it.

Tadashii Machi is one of the most awesome opening tracks in the whole Ringo/Jihen discography, and it's one of the main contenders to dethrone Shoukyou. Electric Mole was the best live rendition, Dynamite Out didn't even touch it, and all other live versions have just been kinda "eh" for me.

The studio version of Kabuki-cho no Joou is the best version. Nothing on Dynamite Out could substitute a craving for that, even if the DVD tried to include its own version of this song.

I don't have a favorite Marunouchi Sadistic version. I love the Muzai Moratoraium and Electric Mole and Dynamite Out versions equally, but I think of the three, the Muzai Moratorium version assists/maintains the momentum of songs adjacent to it more than the concert versions assist/maintain the momentum of adjacent songs within each concert's setlists.

There is also nothing in Dynamite Out that can substitute for a Akane Sasu Kiro Terasaredo... craving.

I don't see enough love in this community for the Muzai Moratorium version of Keikoku. I won't deny that there are some wonderful live versions of it, but I really love how the hammond organ goes with the electric guitar in the Muzai Moratorium version. None of the concert versions have replaced that with anything at least as cool.

I don't think Morphine is the best closing track ever, but it's very refreshing compared to many of the tracks on Dynamite Out.
Old 2009.05.14, 02:24 PM   #13
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

What about what I think?
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.14, 02:33 PM   #14
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
I don't really like DO so...
I mean her voice is sooo terrible that it completely detracts from the rest of the amazing performance. Her voice is to DO as Uki's guitar is to Toumei Ningen. Amazing considering I get higher, ear-ringing frequencies from the vocals on MM than DO.
Old 2009.05.14, 02:38 PM   #15
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

This is not quite Sophie's Choice.

KZK versus Gekokujyo Xstasy......that would reduce me to tears.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.14, 03:04 PM   #16
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Haha, at first I thought this poll would be tallying up all those who identify as "nu-Shiina/phase 2" haters, and those who don't. XD
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.14, 04:36 PM   #17
mizer_unmei

mizer_unmei raises the standards of what a community can offer

"Choose and loose lose!" >.>

Anyway, after years of debate with myself a few years ago I finally decided that MM was my favorite Ringo album. The first 5 songs are season enough, but the whole album is solid. I don't see how anyone doesn't like it.

And I haven't seen DO save for the Himitsu DVD from Adult and the few clips I've seen on Youtube --- but I don't see how it's really any better than the rest of their lives. I like the green color they used, but I couldn't place it over an album. Much less one of my favorite albums ever.

last.fm
mizer_unmei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.15, 04:24 AM   #18
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

her vocals are far better in MM
but I love DO

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.15, 10:50 AM   #19
JimmyKoria

JimmyKoria is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by so_cold View Post
Muzai Moritorium. Because every song on it is gold.

Dynamite Out on the other hand has Toumei Ningen, Lady is a Tramp, and a song about touching something in the toilet (I'm quite new, what is that and why?)
LMFAO...someone please elaborate XD

I picked MM because I really actually don't understand this thread (probably because I come here for a week and vanish for a while before coming back).
JimmyKoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.15, 11:02 AM   #20
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

This poll is skewed with non-haters

So_cold: the "toilet" song is Hirama's "If You Can Touch It" and its one of the most \m/ moments in DO (and by extension, Shiina's career)