Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2012.08.03, 08:11 PM   #1
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer
Default NODA Trailer

Noda Trailer

Teaser from that new play coming up, (that one with Ringo credited as music). I hope that this teaser leads to a full song, cause it sounds like potential masterpiece (if it is indeed composed by Ringo)...
Old 2012.08.07, 01:28 PM   #2
a_grumble_cake

a_grumble_cake deserves a fucking medal

That does sound good, sounds potentially better than anything I've heard from her lately... I hope its hers.
Old 2012.08.14, 06:03 PM   #3
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

That sounds too Tamatebakoish to not be SR.
Old 2012.08.19, 11:40 PM   #4
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Ichigo Ichie- The Heavy Metallic Girl

So, the song isn't sung by Ringo... but it is composed by her (according to both the Noda website and Kronekodow). And its one of them WHY THE FUCK didn't she keep it for herself songs.... FUCKSAKE.

Original txt from Kronekodow:

椎名林檎×深津絵里×野田秀樹

椎名林檎が、野田秀樹氏の新作舞台「エッグ」(9月5日~10月28日、東京芸術劇場)に、楽曲を書き下ろしました。この程、その中の1曲「The Heavy Metalic Girl」のミュージック・ビデオが完成、野田氏のオフィシャルサイトにて、公開されています。

歌うは、「エッグ」に出演する深津絵里さん。ミュージックビデオでは、深津さんのほかに、共演する妻夫木聡さんや仲村トオルさんも登場しています。

こちらからどうぞ。("ICHIGO ICHIE"と書かれているバナーより)

EDIT: I really, really like this.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2012.08.20 at 12:30 AM.
Old 2012.08.20, 09:49 AM   #5
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

^ Hmm, it's really a very mediocre song, actually. In fact it's probably one of my least favourite of the songs she's put out in the past 3 years.

"Jiyuu e" is a much better 'rock' song (of course, also acknowledging that they are very different songs ultimately).
Old 2012.08.20, 10:55 AM   #6
teattum

teattum has had more than 15 seconds of fame

For a jiffy I wouldn't dare to say that, but eventually, yes, I'm going to:

I think this song doesn't come from Ringo.

And I hope I'm right.
Old 2012.08.20, 11:27 AM   #7
thefro

thefro raises the standards of what a community can offer

Well, it's definitely Ringo-written music since Eri Fukatsu is the singer (an actress) and Noda Hideki is the playwright of the musical (and lyricist for this song, allegedly), unless Google Translate is lying to me.

I think it's missing something from being an all-time classic (there's not really a bridge) but it's pretty good I think. It does feel like a SS/KZK/HF song.

If Ringo does it live at some point, I'd like an orchestra to join in starting on the 2nd refrain.

Last edited by thefro : 2012.08.20 at 11:53 AM.
Old 2012.08.20, 02:13 PM   #8
deadgrandma

The only thing I don't like is the mixing on it (also pointed out by another user on last.fm), the vocals smother the music in parts where I really wanna hear what's going on. Would be nice to hear it in good quality though.
Old 2012.08.20, 05:08 PM   #9
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

I don't find this song to be anything to be jealous about. This isn't to say this song couldn't be unique with the right personality behind it (production-wise and performance-wise, one Shiina Ringo not excluded) but you really have to be using your imagination when you listen to this. At large, this is far more bland and vanilla than that most recent Jihen song. There are flashes here, little tiny fraction of chord progressions that hint at something cool, but the song is quick to adjust back to the middle of the road. The singer gives a pretty typical, stock, unoffensive and detached Jpop approach. At no point does she sound like she takes ownership of the song or even necessarily sound personally invested. The instrumentation is slick with a radio-friendly sheen. The guitars are bright and overwhelm everything else on the track and still remain so indistinct. It is more "rocking" than the Shiina Ringo songs she usually casts off, but I wouldn't even say its close to the best of that crop (Shoujo Robot and that ilk excluded.) With capable hands, maybe could be something nice, but its not like she sold a Mayonaka wa Junketsu or Gips.
I give it a strong 2 to a light 3, but what did - you think? Tokyo Jihad - this crappy jpop song...forever.
Old 2012.08.20, 05:14 PM   #10
deadgrandma

The thing is though, Jihad is that you not liking a new Ringo related song is like me liking a new Ringo song... it no longer matters/expectable as fuck :-p

We really need new people in the mix lol