Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2013.09.11, 04:36 PM   #11
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

sheeit...my monies

oh well *cancels ps4 preorder*

Electric Mole on bluray! Count me in.
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.09.11, 05:46 PM   #12
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

HOLY SHIT YOU GUYS.
She really does love us!
I don't care what any of y'all say, I can die happy now that Electric Mole is on Blu Ray!!! (and maybe FINALLY we will get the full versions of Koufukuron and Ringo no Uta!!!)

EDIT: This is probably limited edition, but I will never be able to afford it. Oh, well. Maybe if it's still in stock by the Spring and I get some massive scholarships I can waste $300 on it
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.09.11, 08:03 PM   #13
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

Just ordered everything except the Mitsugetsusho CD, as it's not yet available on CDJapan. Total was EXACTLY 40000 yen, and I was happy to see the exchange rate for once.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.09.11, 08:17 PM   #14
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

I think people are putting their hopes up a bit if they think theyre gonna get full versions of Koufukuron/Ringo No Uta on Electric Mole. GX is most likely gonna be an upscale... I have my doubts about HS too...

Just take the fucking ringing out of Ringohan, don't do any of that awful digital sharpening like Universal's early blu ray everything and I'm happy.
Old 2013.09.11, 08:44 PM   #15
Entry№1

Entry№1 puts considerable thought into their posts

These re-releases are so extensive, they make me wonder if SR really is retiring. I'm probably just being paranoid, but I never thought we'd see the Bacharach collab being released.
Old 2013.09.11, 08:49 PM   #16
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

^ Well, you know there'll be at least one more release after this cause the 3 latest PVs still aren't on the Seiteki Healing Blu Ray set...
Old 2013.09.12, 05:22 AM   #17
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Can we talk about the picture?

I don't normally comment on promotional pics like this, but does the image seem oddly "Shiina Ringo" to anyone else? I don't mean polite old lady Shiina, or goofy cat ears Shiina, or even try-hard deer antler Shiina, but the Shiina Ringo.

It's at least atypical for modern day Shiina. The more modern day shiina version of this image would accentuate the dress, cover her eye with her hair maybe, sit in a proper chair, she would look at the camera, and be lit softer or at least flatter.

I think the above description of what it isn't alone is interesting. The image is sexy, but its also unnerving. It doesn't feel safe, like maybe she poses provocatively to attract potential torture victims. Or maybe she's the victim with wounds (the eye patch) and ruffled hair and she doesn't know anything but to feign seduction.

That's the same feeling that old Shiina was so good at playing. Yes there was "sex" in the presentation, but there was that edge, that slight subversion that painted everything to be more than it seemed.

I think that picture is the most interesting thing Shiina has been associated with in years.
Old 2013.09.12, 05:30 AM   #18
deadgrandma

I have just read

"The Blu Ray Live Set will include the Sentou Xstasy concert at Club Quattro."

From a usually very reliable source.

Interesting. And also another reason to be chuffed.

Also, the new picture, BIG SIZE
Old 2013.09.12, 06:04 AM   #19
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
Can we talk about the picture?

I don't normally comment on promotional pics like this, but does the image seem oddly "Shiina Ringo" to anyone else? I don't mean polite old lady Shiina, or goofy cat ears Shiina, or even try-hard deer antler Shiina, but the Shiina Ringo.

It's at least atypical for modern day Shiina. The more modern day shiina version of this image would accentuate the dress, cover her eye with her hair maybe, sit in a proper chair, she would look at the camera, and be lit softer or at least flatter.

I think the above description of what it isn't alone is interesting. The image is sexy, but its also unnerving. It doesn't feel safe, like maybe she poses provocatively to attract potential torture victims. Or maybe she's the victim with wounds (the eye patch) and ruffled hair and she doesn't know anything but to feign seduction.

That's the same feeling that old Shiina was so good at playing. Yes there was "sex" in the presentation, but there was that edge, that slight subversion that painted everything to be more than it seemed.

I think that picture is the most interesting thing Shiina has been associated with in years.
It's also kinda embrassing. The picture reminds me of those early days when she performed with that little crown and whip in SM outfits, which you seem to really like. The widely opened legs imply that more babies are on the way.
Inseu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.09.12, 06:13 AM   #20
matan-san

matan-san has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I think this picture is the best representation of Ringo now. it combines the edginess and risqueness of young Ringo with the more feminine and sexy side of nu-Ringo into one picture. if this picture was shot in 2006 it could've been the perfect cover art for Adult, but I'm not sure Adult-era Ringo would've made such picture.

she does seem to put a little bit of weight (which is a good thing), probably as a result of the pregnancy
matan-san is offline   Reply With Quote