Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Introductions You MUST introduce yourself here before you may post throughout the rest of the community.

Old 2014.07.01, 09:25 PM   #1061
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by timeframes View Post
this website looks like a quaint somewhat dead forum
when you post enough, you get invited to the big secret party.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.07.01, 09:54 PM   #1062
anonlurker

Well, there's not too much going on to talk about at the moment and all the old subjects have been argued to death.

A place largely dedicated to one person is going to be like that every now and again. Check out Seiko Oomori in the meantime! not only is she amazing, but there's a thread for her here too so you can visit and read/chat about her too!
Old 2014.07.02, 12:17 AM   #1063
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Hm not sure what to say this website looks like a quaint somewhat dead forum (no offense)
This community periodically rebounds from new releases and new members, either of which can stimulate more participation from older members who've already said everything they could say to each other. We're so diverse that most of our alternate interests match the alternate interests of 10 other Shiina Ringo fans at most, and more often it's 0-2 people. A lot of us are true introverts off in our own little worlds, occasionally glancing at EMF, and rarely seeing any new posts which resonate with our own personal taste. As a result, some people get more satisfaction out of direct messages than they do with posts, because they've only found one other Shiina Ringo fan with a particular alternate interest.

I happen to come upon this forum from some google searches.
What were the search phrase(s), which led you to here?

Recently I listened to some of her songs again and experienced the emotions and impressions I got when I listened to her for the first time.
This can happen to you every year. I go for long stretches of months without a particular era of Shiina Ringo, and when I revisit the era, I'm like a junkie who hasn't built up or maintained a tolerance. Some of the worst-recorded material is some of the most amazing after all these years.
Old 2014.07.02, 02:48 AM   #1064
timeframes

timeframes pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by Nimh View Post
when you post enough, you get invited to the big secret party.
Oh boy, cannot wait for my invite.

Originally Posted by anonlurker View Post
Well, there's not too much going on to talk about at the moment and all the old subjects have been argued to death.

A place largely dedicated to one person is going to be like that every now and again. Check out Seiko Oomori in the meantime! not only is she amazing, but there's a thread for her here too so you can visit and read/chat about her too!
I am a bit late on Shiina's active years I'll check it out.

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
This community periodically rebounds from new releases and new members, either of which can stimulate more participation from older members who've already said everything they could say to each other. We're so diverse that most of our alternate interests match the alternate interests of 10 other Shiina Ringo fans at most, and more often it's 0-2 people. A lot of us are true introverts off in our own little worlds, occasionally glancing at EMF, and rarely seeing any new posts which resonate with our own personal taste. As a result, some people get more satisfaction out of direct messages than they do with posts, because they've only found one other Shiina Ringo fan with a particular alternate interest.
Makes sense, community has become more personal and tightknit.

What were the search phrase(s), which led you to here?
I was looking up shirt images and found an old thread about custom made t-shirts or something similar to that.

This can happen to you every year. I go for long stretches of months without a particular era of Shiina Ringo, and when I revisit the era, I'm like a junkie who hasn't built up or maintained a tolerance. Some of the worst-recorded material is some of the most amazing after all these years.
Hm not sure what I would consider worst-recorded. Like a bad song or a poorly recorded piece? I feel like an addict of Marunouchi Sadistic (expo version) as of recently.
timeframes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.07.03, 01:58 PM   #1065
zeiveen

zeiveen pleased at least somebody

Hello,

My name is not zeiveen, pretty sure that this word doesn't even exist.

I'm from Brazil. Guess I've been into anime/manga world for about 20 years (I'm 24 y.o.)

But then, by the time I was 14, I was really into japanese music in general. I even had a band covering AKFG.

I don't remember actually the moment in which I started being a Ringo fan. I mean, I listened first La Salle de Bain on a YT video. I recall saying "Wow, there's so much Debussy in here, but I don't like her voice". So I listened it all over again, a few days later. And my hatred was slowly dropped. A month later I downloaded her discography and now she is my favorite artist/songwriter/performer/genius.

Guess it's been almost 4 years since that episode.

I know someday I'll be able to see her live. I saw X Japan, even though they were disbanded. Yep, I know that day will surely come.

(Sorry if there is any spelling mistake above - guess I'm rusty when it comes to writing in english).

Last edited by zeiveen : 2014.07.10 at 10:24 AM. Reason: "download" -> "downloaded"
zeiveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.07.10, 06:49 AM   #1066
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Do I know you?

welcome anyway

I'm from Santa Catarina,
now I'm in Floripa, but I used to live in Balneário Camboriú
so we might know each other from anime conventions

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.07.10, 10:22 AM   #1067
zeiveen

zeiveen pleased at least somebody
Default To: Lena-chan

Hey, hey, Lena-chan,

I guess we haven't met each other. I've been away from all of the anime events' scene in Brasil since 2009, or even before.

I used to live in Ribeirão Preto or Aracaju/SE back then.

And I went to Santa Catarina once, such a nice place .

Dunno how to make a more personal contact (PM stuff) through here, though. It's been a while since I last used these kind of forums.
“Anyone who falls in love is searching for the missing pieces of themselves. So anyone who's in love gets sad when they think of their lover. It's like stepping back inside a room you have fond memories of, one you haven't seen in a long time.” ― Haruki Murakami
zeiveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.09.13, 03:49 AM   #1068
AngelDust

AngelDust pleased at least somebody

Hey all, I've been a Shiina Ringo fan for just a few months now.

I got into her music as I'd recently been looking to get into different music genres. After I'd played the Persona video game series and really enjoyed the J-Pop music in it, I decided to check out the genre and so I looked for a non-idol Japanese artist and found Shiina Ringo. I downloaded Shouso Strip and loved it.

I really like artists who play many genres, especially if it's in a single album. So after Shouso Strip I checked out KZK, and I was amazed, being the multi-genre masterpiece that it is. Shuukyou was enough to make me sign up!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to being involved in this forum and getting to know all of you.

Last edited by AngelDust : 2014.09.20 at 06:31 PM.
AngelDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.09.25, 05:02 PM   #1069
zeroryouko
Ringophile

zeroryouko raises the standards of what a community can offer

Hello everyone,

I live in Los Angeles, California and I have been a fan of Shiina Ringo since...2003, I think? I got into anime about 17 or 18 years ago in college, and I started collecting anime soundtracks and seiyuu CDs. After a while I became more interested in Japanese music for its own sake, and I searched for new, more serious musicians. I found a web site that had a clip from Sid to Hakuchuumu (the version from Mayonaka wa Junketsu) - and I thought, I have to get that CD *right now*. The rest, as they say, is history...
zeroryouko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.09.25, 08:27 PM   #1070
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

Welcome, Angel and Zero.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote