Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2007.12.12, 04:22 PM   #51
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

I think she hit a growth spurt after that and so her body weight got more evenly distributed. There's debate over whether she changed facial features, like I think her eyes is the big one, but... no one will ever know for sure.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.12, 08:30 PM   #52
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
I think she hit a growth spurt after that and so her body weight got more evenly distributed. There's debate over whether she changed facial features, like I think her eyes is the big one, but... no one will ever know for sure.
if Ringo was debuting as an idol or within the mainstream pop field, I would think there would be pressure on her to sculpt a certain image, but part of Ringo's charm to me lies in her flaws. I just can't believe that she would have plastic surgery for such superficial qualities, I mean look at her shoulder, she had a lot of work down on her and yet, even with all her money, she hasn't gone back and had extensive reconstruction done to fix it. Instead you see her wearing dresses with tiny little straps and a bare collarbone. From all of her music and her lyrics I just can't imagine her going along with something like that.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.12, 08:35 PM   #53
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
if Ringo was debuting as an idol or within the mainstream pop field, I would think there would be pressure on her to sculpt a certain image, but part of Ringo's charm to me lies in her flaws. I just can't believe that she would have plastic surgery for such superficial qualities, I mean look at her shoulder, she had a lot of work down on her and yet, even with all her money, she hasn't gone back and had extensive reconstruction done to fix it. Instead you see her wearing dresses with tiny little straps and a bare collarbone. From all of her music and her lyrics I just can't imagine her going along with something like that.
Yeah, it's almost like she places an emphasis on showing her flaws. I think that is part of what makes her so h@wt to me . She seems completely confident with herself.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.12, 08:43 PM   #54
kuro_neko

Originally Posted by Hedofloe View Post
Yeah, it's almost like she places an emphasis on showing her flaws. I think that is part of what makes her so h@wt to me . She seems completely confident with herself.
did you ever read Anna Tsuchiya's quote about her? I can't remember where it was from and if it was translated or not. I seem to remember they asked her how she felt about Ringo scoring Sakuran since she herself was a musician. Her response was that she wasn't worried because Ringo is Ringo, there is no comparison. And that she thought it was a perfect match for the film because Ringo's music is truly about women and especially about living with an emptiness inside of you, but still living on, and that fit with the themes in the movie. She also was asked about having her music used for Nana, in correlation to Ringo, and then she answered that did sing the opening song and hopes that it did it justice (realizing that Nana was partially a nod to Ringo)
Old 2007.12.13, 12:41 PM   #55
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

well, I read it randomly in a anime site

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.13, 02:21 PM   #56
jigenbakuda

jigenbakuda is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
This is very very true, I forgot about this. I really do think that the fact that she realizes that she has a flaw and is not scared to show it, is really really sexy to me. The dress she wore on baishou ecstasy showed her back marks,her collar, and shoulder. I know for a fact an idol would not do the same, because they are profitable because of their looks/cuteness. So I'm so glad ringo-hime (I hope thats the right way to say it) is the way she is. Her style is more elegant diva than cutesy model anyways.
jigenbakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.28, 02:27 PM   #57
Nhexima

Nhexima pleased at least somebody

Wow, that Marvelous Marble song was.... terrible. Fascinating, though! I'm glad she didn't continue down that path musically. I'm actually glad the video cut RIGHT when she starts talking over the song, boy-band style. On a completely superficial note, yeah, she seemed to hit a weird growth spurt right at that time, as she looks different from that karaoke video just a year or two earlier.

I actually was pretty unaware of her surgical issues until reading the posts on this board, that's interesting. I remember hearing something about that related to the Koufukuron video and the angel wings on her back, or something like that.
Nhexima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.28, 03:21 PM   #58
RollOverHobo

RollOverHobo pleased at least somebody

uhm....technically wouldn't the removal of her mole be qualified as plastic surgery (regardless of motive)?
RollOverHobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.28, 08:45 PM   #59
kuro_neko

Originally Posted by RollOverHobo View Post
uhm....technically wouldn't the removal of her mole be qualified as plastic surgery (regardless of motive)?
iunno, would you consider having a mole frozen off your left butt cheek plastic surgery? They didn't alter it, they didn't replace tissue or make it more full or generally reconstruct it, they just removed presumably cancerous tissue. Plastic surgery, to me, is reconstruction and alteration of the body, often by transplanting tissue, for aesthetic purposes. I really doubt Ringo said to herself, "gee, now that my solo career is about to end, I should go under the knife and take off my signature mole to really get the party going."