Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2011.05.16, 05:57 AM   #191
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Just for clarification, we are calling this maturity?
Name:  news_large_tokyojihen_0514tfm.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  57.4 KB
Old 2011.05.16, 06:33 AM   #192
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

^^^ Why only two male fans? At least they gave themselves the perfect view.
Old 2011.05.16, 06:43 AM   #193
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

@Jihad
I'm pretty sure Shiina's approach to KZK was "Let's make music", which is her same approach to anything. I really doubt she said "I'm going to make one of the most innovative, challenging art records of the decade" and then made KZK.

@Maou
So? I like one pop music group and it somehow invalidates what I said? I'm not defending ALL pop music, I'm defending Perfume specifically because I believe Nakata, like Shiina, is in a position where he as means to make both the more experimental music (capsule) and the more mainstream (Perfume). Neither are bad. The same way, Shiina has her solo career and TJ.

@ShadyNook
Nobody but Nakata has ever worked with Perfume once he took over. I don't ever want him to leave.

I don't think art should ever try and be innovative or generally "artistic" on purpose. I think that kind of art just comes across insincere. It's the main reason why I dislike Lady Gaga.

Just to clarify, we're complaining about how Shiina is doing this "childish" pose while Kameda is doing nearly the same the same thing?

Last edited by TurtleFu : 2011.05.16 at 06:47 AM.
Old 2011.05.16, 07:12 AM   #194
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Does nobody want to see SR do an idol dance a la Perfume?

How fun would that be!
Old 2011.05.16, 07:21 AM   #195
vielleicht

vielleicht pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
Just for clarification, we are calling this maturity?
Attachment 5030
Kameda is wearing an equally cutie shirt and doing an equally cutie gesture, why are we only accusing Ringo of her immaturity?
Old 2011.05.16, 07:58 AM   #196
BlueApple

BlueApple is an asset to this community

I was thinking the same thing. Especially since Kameda is what, 46?

and who cares, even? I mean excuse me for being incredibly stereotypical, but the V sign is such a Japanese thing. It's not like Ringo has never done it in a picture before either.
Old 2011.05.16, 08:03 AM   #197
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Nimh View Post
Ukigumo looks cool on that SWITCH cover.
I'm not sure if I'd use cool as a descriptor for that picture. Looks a little too much like post-reveal Norman Bates/random drag queen grandma.

Originally Posted by Nimh View Post
^^^ Why only two male fans? At least they gave themselves the perfect view.
Yeah, it's just too bad Kameda is wearing a jacket long enough to cover most of the goods.

Originally Posted by TurtleFu View Post
So? I like one pop music group and it somehow invalidates what I said? I'm not defending ALL pop music, I'm defending Perfume specifically because I believe Nakata, like Shiina, is in a position where he as means to make both the more experimental music (capsule) and the more mainstream (Perfume). Neither are bad. The same way, Shiina has her solo career and TJ.

Just to clarify, we're complaining about how Shiina is doing this "childish" pose while Kameda is doing nearly the same the same thing?
No, point is it doesn't matter who she poses with. Would you be defending her in this case if she had posed in such a cutesy with Arashi instead of Perfume? It really doesn't matter because it says the same thing about SR regardless of the quality of the music.

And Shiina gets all the attention for these pictures because nobody cares about the rest of the band.
Old 2011.05.16, 08:23 AM   #198
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

@Maou: go post in the Susumu Nishikawa thread! go go!
Old 2011.05.16, 08:23 AM   #199
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

My god. This forum is really an endless argument when you think about it. I'm not making a judgment, but the thought is making me laugh for some reason
Old 2011.05.16, 08:54 AM   #200
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

http://www.emimusic.jp/tokyojihen/

Ok wtf, when did this site get so robust? Liner notes? Interviews?? So much I could have been translating! I plan to dig into a lot of this soon...

Also, LOVE the cover.
Closed Thread