Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2011.06.24, 02:12 AM   #741
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Listened to Relative vs Absolute.
It sounds like GLAY to me.

(important note: this post is not meant to be negative)

GLAY
Old 2011.06.24, 04:04 AM   #742
spaz

spaz has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Hey all
I've been a lurker on this forum for a couple of years now and never really felt the need to participate to debates (also because my English kind of sucks). But what happens now on this thread makes me want to say this to the "new" fans here (by that I mean all the new people participating here for a little while) :

Come on, this debate is getting ridiculous. We are on a fan forum, indeed it's a place for fans to express what they feel about the music. It's not because we are SR fans that we have to agree to every choice she makes and be completely subjective about her music and find it great event if it is'nt. Please just stop complaining about the complaints. Maou, Chickshhh, etc, are at least giving their opinion about the music (and yes, the new stuff looks like Anime music, this being good or bad), it's often you guys who are trolling around by posting just to say that they have to stop their negativity. Every poster can say their feelings about the music, when it's about constructive posts. And Maou's, Chickshhh's and etc, ARE constructive to me. They are not saying things like 'come on SR sucks', 'izawa should die' or 'Sports sucks' etc. We all are participating on this forums to share our thougts about SR and TJ that we do appreciate. We shouldn't get angry and just accept everyone's opinion.

And serisouly guys, just go watch even just the first 10 minutes of Electric Mole, and then listen to Dopamint. You have to admit that SR is clearly NOT at her best these days and that she could really do better. We are all here because we love Ringo. And because we expect from her what she CAN do (and we all know she can do a lot better than that, Tamatebako for example is brilliant). You know that if she puts just one fucking good song on the new album, most of the comments in here, even by the "old" posters, will be positive. If you really want to complain about the frustrated fans, please do it in a new thread and leave this one for the news about Daihakken.

That said, I'm more optimistic about this album than I was about Sports. I do like 'Sora ga' and 'Bunmeikaka', and am still optimistic about the SR produced song.
Old 2011.06.24, 05:05 AM   #743
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

I personally do not think I am the constructive ones as many other EMFers do much more analysis than I do, but thanks for speaking up.

p.s. I have to admit that sometimes the negativity dominates, it never bothers me though! I cannot behave like a fanboy and simply accept everything she does. Everyone has his/her own opinions. No matter what I'm still looooooooking forward to the new album. Seriously these 5 days are killing me//////

p.s.2. Your English is hell better than mine, so don't worry
Old 2011.06.24, 05:25 AM   #744
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Well, what if you really do genuinely like everything she's done? Is it really that hard to believe that these people exist? Maybe I like too much different music to have a set taste and this is why all Ringo appeals to me.

Sure, some stuff is stronger than other stuff, but who cares? Shit's still tops to me.

Have a go at me all you want, but at least leave the innocents alone :-p

Oh and wtf is that noise at 2:30 of 絶対値対相対値. OVERDRIVE!

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2011.06.24 at 05:55 AM.
Old 2011.06.24, 05:58 AM   #745
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

It's like the kind of person that says they're 'happy' or 'positive' all the time. You're just waiting for them to break. Sometimes it's frustrating because even something as aurally offensive as the second half of Tengoku e Youkoso, (which sounds like Ringo going out of her way to bring out bitterness in the fans), and still there's someone who says 'I love it! Ringo is a goddess!' and that makes it difficult to believe that these people exist.

But I know that this stuff doesn't matter ultimately. It's good that you like everything, and maybe that's the best place to be (life's too short etc.)

Unless Ukigumo saves the day (and the opening track is indeed that golden Ringo track), I think this album will be worse than Sports.

Btw there's something very lazy about Absolute vs Relative's melody, because I see Ringo as a musician who is really good at 'selling' a great melody or hook, if you know what I mean (like in the same way as The Beatles or something). It's not even about sophisticated arrangements necessarily. So many supposedly 'memorable' songs seem so bland in comparison to Ringo's, until now.

Also, I really really really really like Rashipoki, but I'm starting to share 2ch's resentment towards Izawa.

You know what would be great? If Tracks 1, 5, 6, 8, 10 and 12 were good, and I could just fuse it with the songs I liked from the Sports era. Call it the 'Grand National' album. Lol.

Last edited by Scribble R : 2011.06.24 at 06:45 AM.
Old 2011.06.24, 06:03 AM   #746
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Please, I adore Load by Metallica. I'm sure I can enjoy anything :-p (Given the right amount of time and patience)

EXCEPT Vocaloid.

Also, yes, I dunno whether I'll like this more than Sports or not. Probably equal, though I think this may have longer lasting appeal, it's too fucked and everywhere to be an instant hit.
Old 2011.06.24, 06:09 AM   #747
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
Well, what if you really do genuinely like everything she's done? Is it really that hard to believe that these people exist? Maybe I like too much different music to have a set taste and this is why all Ringo appeals to me.

Sure, some stuff is stronger than other stuff, but who cares? Shit's still tops to me.

Have a go at me all you want, but at least leave the innocents alone :-p

Oh and wtf is that noise at 2:30 of 絶対値対相対値. OVERDRIVE!
Well, what if I genuinely do not like some of the stuff she's done?
Why can't I voice my opinion as a rebuttal of what you have commented on? Because you have already assumed that "Well these guys are control freaks and want us to dislike Shiina's music". On the contrary we can also assume that "you guys are fanboys/fangirls and want us to like everything Shiina has done". Fair enough?

NO THAT'S WRONG.
I respect your opinion. I respect your choice. I know you like most of her stuff. That's okay. That's cool. You have your rights to show how much you admire Ringo, then why can't we criticise the stuff we dislike? I don't get it.
Old 2011.06.24, 06:12 AM   #748
jackmanca

jackmanca is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by spaz View Post
Hey all
And serisouly guys, just go watch even just the first 10 minutes of Electric Mole, and then listen to Dopamint. You have to admit that SR is clearly NOT at her best these days and that she could really do better.
I'm sorry, but I just needed to say that I don't need to admit anything that I don't agree. I agree that they sound different, but i really like her/their new stuff, so if you (you I mean everyone, not spaz only) respect the negative opinios, you must respect the positive ones too.
Old 2011.06.24, 06:16 AM   #749
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I agreed with spaz with that comment. In the most non-stalkerly way possible, I'd like to lock Shiina in a room and make her listen to her entire discography.

Originally Posted by ShadyNook View Post
1:22 through 1:50 of Relative vs. Absolute sounds like Ringo's contribution to the composition.

and guess which album it sounds like it could fit in?

what a tease!
Absolute vs Relative sounds like a typical Izawa song, while Forbidden Game sounds like Ringo (the chorus, at least?). I kind of like the latter. One of the better anime openings, maybe.

Last edited by Scribble R : 2011.06.24 at 06:29 AM.
Old 2011.06.24, 06:17 AM   #750
BlueApple

BlueApple is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
I think this where I am at, too. It's not like I have automatically liked everything she has done; overtime, though, certain things just start to click and I end up loving a song I never cared for before.

Anyhow, I've been avoiding listening to Relative vs Absolute. I really want to wait until I get the album, but the anticipation is killing me a bit.

EDIT: I do not like being the first post at the top of the page. Nope.
Closed Thread