Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2011.02.09, 12:13 AM   #151
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Loved the intro to the song, but it just went downhill from there. Soooo generic.
Reminds me of an even more generic Senkou Shoujo + Killer Tune or something.

Nothing on 3min. I'm disappointed but I can't say I'm surprised. I'm sure there'll be some good album tracks though! Fingers crossed.
Old 2011.02.09, 02:02 AM   #152
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

you guys won't ever like a TJ song again, I don't see why you're still posting here XD

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Yahiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.09, 02:18 AM   #153
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I liked the majority of Sports, so I don't see why I wouldn't like a TJ song again.
My expectations have just lowered since Dopamint and etc. And I wasn't expecting much since hearing the preview.

You were talking to me right? haha
Old 2011.02.09, 02:43 AM   #154
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

To everyone calling "Sora ga..." or Tokyo Jihen or post-KZK Shiina Ringo generic, mediocre, or just plain bad:

When I think of those words, I think of something like this:

My Definition of Generic Japanese Music

Okay? Now watch that, and then watch the video for "Sora ga..." again.

Do you see or hear ANY difference?

I just want to make sure we have our definitions straight.

And by "differences," I don't mean one video has hot babes gyrating their way into your spank bank while the other has a surgically-enhanced MILF and a bunch of tightly-wound douchebags staring blankly at each other.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.09, 03:05 AM   #155
Denitson777

Denitson777 pleased at least somebody

I love the Song and The PV and I Don’t Care What Anybody Says

(not that anybody cares what i think)
Denitson777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.09, 03:43 AM   #156
D.K.Liu

D.K.Liu is an asset to this community

To NIMH Rat: That video may be indicative of what generic Japanese is like... but it seems to be of Korean origin. Just out of curiosity, how did you come to pick that particular video.
D.K.Liu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.09, 03:50 AM   #157
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by D.K.Liu View Post
To NIMH Rat: That video may be indicative of what generic Japanese is like... but it seems to be of Korean origin. Just out of curiosity, how did you come to pick that particular video.
ASIAN FAIL.

seriously though, at least those girls look alive. I mean if they are going to sing shitty pop music they might as well dance around in tight little clothes and work their moneymakers.

I like that people hold Ringo up to high standards and if I can be disillusioned and meh-ish about her and jihen as of late, I would expect the same and even worse from the long-time skeptics.

this is everyone's board and everyone has a right to their opinion, even the negative nancys.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.09, 05:06 AM   #158
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
ASIAN FAIL.

seriously though, at least those girls look alive. I mean if they are going to sing shitty pop music they might as well dance around in tight little clothes and work their moneymakers.

I like that people hold Ringo up to high standards and if I can be disillusioned and meh-ish about her and jihen as of late, I would expect the same and even worse from the long-time skeptics.

this is everyone's board and everyone has a right to their opinion, even the negative nancys.

SHIT! This is the one I meant to put up:

Japanese version of originally Korean song that yes I know is sung by Koreans

I don't mean to say nobody has a right to an opinion. I'm just curious where the opinion-maker is coming from.

And D.K., I picked that because KARA is all over the entertainment news lately, and when I thought what crappy fucking shit is being put out on Japan's airwaves these days, I didn't have to think long and hard.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.09, 07:01 AM   #159
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Yahiko View Post
you guys won't ever like a TJ song again, I don't see why you're still posting here XD
Oh come on now, there should be one or two on the album I like. But I'm done spending money and having immense amount of overflowing respect.

I dreamed of writing better songs than Ringo... and now I am....this was not what I had in mind.

There is exactly 1 second (where she says 'Hoshii" before the chorus) and 6 seconds (right in the middle of the chorus when she says 'sekai ichi...") where you can see the hallow shell of the artist that used to inspired me.

I am so sure that some people know just what I am talking about.

I'll listen to the lyrics tomorrow but this will be an underwhelming song regardless and it follows a very consistent pattern of post-sports endeavors.
lazer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.09, 07:55 AM   #160
a_grumble_cake

a_grumble_cake deserves a fucking medal

I didn't know this was a Kameda song... it explains why it's a more straightforward rock song. The bside is a Ringo song and I'm not sure if I should lower my expectations or raise them. I'd take one Sora ga Natteiru over 1000 Irokoizatas.

Originally Posted by lazer85 View Post
There is exactly 1 second (where she says 'Hoshii" before the chorus) and 6 seconds (right in the middle of the chorus when she says 'sekai ichi...") where you can see the hallow shell of the artist that used to inspired me.
Why these two moments? I looked for both but I can't say I get it.