Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2009.03.13, 10:32 PM   #61
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

You guys are right, first press is not limited edition. However, that does not excuse the lame sticker design. I guess the short booklet isn't too bad considering it is a DVD, and DVDs don't really have booklets. It could have at least had the track list on it, though.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.14, 02:22 AM   #62
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

From what I can tell, the Zazen Xstasy release/package was much much better, even without insignificant music sheets or stickers. And it was much much cheaper.
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.14, 02:30 AM   #63
D.K.Liu

D.K.Liu is an asset to this community

I don't know recall anyone posting photos of the contents of the Ringo Expo DVD box, so for those who hasn't seen the contents you can check out this blog.

P.S - If you can read Chinese, the blog has other very interesting info about SR which the blogger has translated from Japanese).
D.K.Liu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.14, 02:41 AM   #64
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

So it's really like the Utada United 2006 package. Huge box, one small DVD inside. The space of one DVD multiplied by 100.
Old 2009.03.14, 03:02 AM   #65
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I got mine today. I actually think the box is really nice. I don't really have a problem with the sparseness of extras, I didn't really expect much else. I like how the CD sits in the box itself as well.

I'm like super busy with stuff at the moment so I won't have a chance to watch it for a little while.

I also got the two latest Spangle call Lilli line albums with the DVD.. so it was a much awaited delivery!
Old 2009.03.14, 06:39 AM   #66
filthfate

filthfate pleased at least somebody

popped the disc into my player few hrs ago....all i can say is it's Awesome! my 14inch tv is not doing it justice...it sure made up for the simplicity of the box
i noticed the change in her voice too...

Last edited by filthfate : 2009.03.14 at 06:54 AM.
filthfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.14, 07:44 AM   #67
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG View Post
So it's really like the Utada United 2006 package. Huge box, one small DVD inside. The space of one DVD multiplied by 100.
No, Shinji, the box isn't as big as those pictures make it look. It's about the same size in terms of it's shape as a regular CD case except it's as thick as about two of them.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.14, 11:21 AM   #68
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

I know it has the shape of a regular CD, I'm not that stupid.
Maybe my first setence is misleading, but I was comparing both releases, RE08 and UU06, in terms of package size: in both cases, the package is oversized compared to what the size of the DVD actually demands for.
Old 2009.03.14, 11:49 AM   #69
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

• The package is roughly the same size as Adult: Pour Homme.
  • Jihad, Omatsuri Sawagi and Karisome Otome are worth the price of admission. Epic.
  • She totally does not look bored in the beginning playing her old singles. She looks exactly the same as she does during every non-Jihen performance. Distant is a good word.
  • Yes, she looks most happy when singing with her brother. She should considering the guy is her biggest musical hero.
  • If they had used video from the 28th, you would have seen her wave at me during The Onion Song as she makes her way back to the main stage. Instead you just see her singing and smiling.
  • Sound quality is OK. As good as I can expect from DVD. Highs and lows were clipped.
Old 2009.03.14, 11:55 AM   #70
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
[*]Yes, she looks most happy when singing with her brother. She should considering the guy is her biggest musical hero.
Really? Er, wow.

What's Junpei's music actually like, anyway? I've always dismissed him as a throwaway RnB/Soul musician wannabe. Am I wrong?
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote