Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2007.09.05, 09:01 PM   #31
RollOverHobo

RollOverHobo pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
There are a dozen used copies of Shoujo Robot floating around Yahoo! Japan Auctions at any given time, usually at low prices and often with no bids. I've only noticed one copy show up in eBay, and that was a couple of years ago when I first bought it. You probably have to use a deputy service to get access to Yahoo! Japan Auctions, and you'll probably pay more in shipping and commissions than you will on the actual CD, more because the CD is cheap than because the service is "out to rip you off".

I'm not sure if I'd trust Amazon (or more specifically the third-party sellers), but you take a chance either way, no matter which way you go in trying to buy Shoujo Robot, unless you travel to Japan and can find it in a Used CDs store, but it seems like too niche market of a product for that.
hmm....yeah.....except I'm a sixteen year old kid with no job. Wait until my mother hears I'm trying to obtain an obsolete cd through complicated (if you don't know what you're doing, which is exactly my case) and risky methods. At least if it was recent I could order from CDJapan. Thanks for the info, though. For now I guess I'm stuck.
RollOverHobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.10, 07:39 PM   #32
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

I was listening to this single again, and I can't help but feel like this is a younger Ringo. It seemed like Ringo was trying to create an apprentice out of Rie. It reminds me so much of Ringo's earlier music. Are Rie's songs that are not composed by Ringo similar to these? Or did Ringo just make whatever she wanted for Rie to sing?
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.11, 09:11 AM   #33
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I heard some rie songs (that aren't SR compositions) and I almost hated XDDDDDDD
but they're good to sleep, I guess
PM me if you want what I have (anyway, I have very few)

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.11, 06:57 PM   #34
waxringo

waxringo has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by Lena-chan View Post
PM me if you want what I have
that's kinda kinky sounding.

i've listened to her none SR stuff and I liked it. She's definitely a cutie and I enjoy her voice. I love her live compilation of SR songs...I think she rocked out at that.
Old 2007.09.11, 08:15 PM   #35
HEDOfloe

Originally Posted by waxringo View Post
Originally Posted by Lena-chan View Post
PM me if you want what I have
that's kinda kinky sounding.

i've listened to her none SR stuff and I liked it. She's definitely a cutie and I enjoy her voice. I love her live compilation of SR songs...I think she rocked out at that.
lol.

Anyway, WHAT?! She did live covers of SR songs???
Old 2007.09.12, 09:26 AM   #36
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

@_@
quote confusion!!!!
waxringo is talking about it, I think

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.18, 04:10 PM   #37
HEDOfloe

Wow that was really cool/funny/weird ^__^. Those two guys with her were funny. What kin of show was this?
Old 2007.10.09, 11:37 PM   #38
Izam

Izam pleased at least somebody

I have a promo copy of this and although it is a great single, Rie really shouldn't be singing. Shiina Ringo is in the video playing the piano if anyone even noticed ^^
Izam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.10, 03:19 AM   #39
CARMEN

CARMEN pleased at least somebody

^ I did notice that
Also, there were some 'speculations' about whether SR was on the cover of this single, but I've heard that she was the one who took the pictures???
CARMEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.10, 07:11 AM   #40
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by CARMEN View Post
but I've heard that she was the one who took the pictures???
Really? Where did you hear that from? If that's true she should be in the photography credits in the single.