Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2008.08.22, 07:24 AM   #301
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

you surely mean 'wash'
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.22, 09:59 AM   #302
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

I still don't see the appeal of Yukiguni. The song starts out so good with SR and Izawa, but then Uki and Kameda come in and take away all feeling SR and Izawa were building up. It just falls apart when the guitar and bass come in.
Old 2008.08.22, 10:05 AM   #303
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
I still don't see the appeal of Yukiguni. The song starts out so good with SR and Izawa, but then Uki and Kameda come in and take away all feeling SR and Izawa were building up. It just falls apart when the guitar and bass come in.
My theory is that Yukiguni only exists because of Kabuki. Particulary the last minutes of Yukiguni.
Other than that... it's an interlude of sorts :\
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.22, 10:14 AM   #304
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

What's wrong with Yukiguni? I find it amazing! It's the perfect interlude to the album... A cool enka-ish piece with some really great guitar parts... I don't know, it's the less accessible song in the album, maybe, but I love it.
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.22, 10:19 AM   #305
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

Oh, I don't have anything against the song. I usually always play it everytime I want to listen to Kabuki. But that's just it, I don't think it's such a great song alone, it sounds just like an interlude, and like Utada's interludes, I can't really say they are "great songs". They just... serve their purpose? :x
Old 2008.08.22, 10:23 AM   #306
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Correct! Yukiguni cannot be heard on it's own, it sounds wrong.
As the interlude however, it's perfect.
Old 2008.08.22, 11:11 AM   #307
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Ooh, this thread is giving me ideas I just don't have time to follow through on... =(

Tegami i think is the real gem on the album. Himitsu is is great, but I used to think it was leaps better than the DO ver. now im not so sure. Kenka Joutou has always been overrated. Naoshi is uninspired and droll. Superstar and Shuraba we heard better before. Yukiguni I think is a great KZK cast away. It's not song-ey, but its good. Kabuki, i think is hard to not think has been cheapened thanks to its ridiculous reprise in Variety. Blackout sucks, Toumei Ningen -- don't make me laugh. Tasogare Naki, tho, I like alot...just the FOR MOTHER ver. Tegami, however, is really timless and great.
Old 2008.08.22, 11:15 AM   #308
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
Ooh, this thread is giving me ideas I just don't have time to follow through on... =(
Can we expect an Adult REDUX ?
Old 2008.08.22, 11:18 AM   #309
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

Given his opinions on some of the tracks... I actually prefer that he leaves Adult untouched : <
Altough I think Superstar is great in DO, I still have a foundness for Adult's version, since it was the first one I heard and Ringo's voice is perfect (and the "bells" at the end are really a major point in the song).
But I totally agree with Shuraba. The single version is >9000 times better than Adult version. It makes sense why the single version doesn't fit the "mood" (in that track order), but the album version doesn't do a better job at being great.

Last edited by ShinjiPG : 2008.08.22 at 11:21 AM.
Old 2008.08.22, 11:22 AM   #310
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Well i agreed with Shinji's thought above. However someone in this thread unknowingly threw down a challenge I know is simple, easy, and cool =p