Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2010.01.27, 08:51 PM   #41
chii

chii is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
you hear them calling her shiina-san. they are being polite. among youth nowadays, especially those with foreign friends, most people omit the formalities and stick with first name and if you have to be polite an honorable. that is why you hear far more "RINGOOOOOOO" and "RINGO CHANNNNN" at the shows than "SHIIIINNNAAAA-SAN" and I daresay you would be hardpressed to find someone screaming out a solo "SHIIINNNAA." it just sounds odd.

not everyone is even aware that its Ringo Shiina and not Shiina Ringo, so seeing it dramatically emphasised with the comment "come on its SHIINA" really highlighted that point for me. I might be nit picky but I'm not ostracizing, I'm just reminding and correcting.
I am SO guilty of this with my friends. When we talk about her, we just call her Shiina. I do know that it is her last name, but it is easier to say pronunciation wise, as well as it's just a habit now.

Anyone else think the covers and print on the records are really well done? I would consider buying this just for them. I don't even have a record player.
chii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.31, 10:25 PM   #42
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

has anyone ever discovered a rip of the Mittei Monogatari Saturday Night Tossop version? I know its just the rap from Togatta Teguchi slapped on the front, but I'm curious about the mixing and such.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.31, 10:44 PM   #43
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

There's no SR/TJ vinyl rips floating around the internet to "discover" - there's only 2chan hearsay.

I've only ever ripped Adult Video Soundtrack, I've never distributed that, and I'm satisfied musically but not technologically. It's one of those smaller vinyls which looks like a 45 RPM but runs at 33, and the playback of these mini-33s tends not to be as clean and distortion-free as the larger vinyls. Saturday Night Gossip tragically got similar treatment from EMI, so I'm not too excited about the idea of opening up a copy of Saturday Night Gossip and ripping it.

It's physically evident (without even playing the vinyls) that SS, KSK, HF, and Mayonaka wa Junketsu got the best vinyl treatment - while everything else is kind of so-so (especially the Tokyo Jihen releases).
Old 2010.01.31, 11:21 PM   #44
kuro_neko

well, considering senkou shoujo and put your camera down were both upped to e-onkyo I figured perhaps that might have made it up as well, but I just checked and its not, apparently.
Old 2010.01.31, 11:33 PM   #45
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Adult Video Soundtrack was never made available at e-Onkyo, and neither were the 10th anniversary remasters.

You know what Heisei Fuuzoku and Senkou Shoujo both have in common? Their DVDs are 96kHz/24bit, and these are original masters rather than remasters. That's how they get the e-Onkyo treatment. If Seteiki Healing Volume 4 had been released in 96kHz/24bit, then an e-Onkyo offering wouldn't be out-of-the-question. But the only 96kHz/24bit DVDs we've had aside from Heisei Fuuzoku and Senkou Shoujo, have been for remasters.

The other thing is that e-Onkyo has to offer you something that the DVD doesn't have, otherwise all they're selling is "96kHz/24bit without the video". So if the Heisei Fuuzoku DVD has crossfading between the songs, then e-Onkyo offers the segregated versions. Not to mention, that during the DVD credits you get to hear brief and crossfaded versions of all the instrumentals, so e-Onkyo basically offered FULL versions of that. Then on Senkou Shoujo, you get these annoying credits tacked onto every PV, and I'm not even talking about Put Your Camera Down. You can't even watch something like OSCA without seeing and hearing a brief replay. That's where e-Onkyo comes in - yet again they offer you the 96kHz/24bit without crap you don't want.

Find yourself another SR/TJ DVD with 96kHz/24bit based on new material, and you just might also be able to find another e-Onkyo offering - depending upon how annoying the DVD turned out to be. That's the pattern.
Old 2010.02.01, 12:04 AM   #46
kuro_neko

thats an interesting insight into what is offered on the site versus what isn't, although I wouldn't even consider Adult Video (which had the files digitally released through digital vendors such as iTunes Japan) and the stuff previous to HF simply because they started with HF and then kept it up with Senkou Shoujo. It makes sense though, for sure.
Old 2011.08.25, 08:12 PM   #47
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Image dumps. This does have a lyrics sheet with it too, but because its pink on pink, it barely shows up on my piece of shit camera.

imag0232jn.jpg

imag0234jh.jpg

imag0237r.jpg

I gotta do something about the lighting in my house, seriously.
Old 2011.11.09, 07:51 AM   #48
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Near as I can tell, this release is now finally sold-out.
This means the only Ringo/Jihen LP a late collector can still buy new from a first-generation seller, is Heisei Fuuzoku. That could eventually disappear too - just like the DVD finally did.