Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2013.07.05, 05:25 AM   #511
AaryaSiddharth

AaryaSiddharth pleased at least somebody

I am curiously waiting for Lone Ranger. The trailer is amazing and it make me so excited. I am a big fan of Johhny Depp and i love his series Pirates of the Carribean.

Last edited by AaryaSiddharth : 2013.07.08 at 08:31 AM.
AaryaSiddharth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.07.05, 06:19 AM   #512
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Hmm I guess it looks OK. Never really watched The Lone Ranger when I was a kid so the remake aspect means nothing to me. I think it may be out already over here, the ad is on TV pretty much every time I turn it on. Seems nobody gives a fuck about The Man of Steel, shame really, I was hoping that it was gonna be good.
Old 2013.07.06, 07:21 AM   #513
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

Man of Steel is glum, joyless crud. But it's loud and boomy, so some people love it.

White House Down is a hoot. Totally self-aware of its lunacy. Not great by any means.

The Bling Ring is the best thing I've seen this summer so far.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.07.08, 02:29 AM   #514
karateexplosion

karateexplosion is an asset to this community

I just realized I haven't been to the theater since Evil Dead came out. :/
karateexplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.07.15, 08:12 AM   #515
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

I think there's no way any action blockbuster this year is gonna top Pacific Rim. At least for me. Think Transformers with a heartbeat. Sure, it's cliched as hell... but when you see them giant robots/Jagers fighting... all is forgiven and forgotten. It also helps (for me anyway) that Rinko Kikuchi is in it, gorgeous as usual.

Fuck Man of Steel, The Lone Ranger and World War Z, accept no substitutes, Pacific Rim is the one goofy action movie to watch on the big screen this year.
Old 2013.08.02, 08:37 AM   #516
Carlx

Carlx raises the standards of what a community can offer

deadgrandma, just in case you didn't know, there is a new trailer for the new Shion Sono movie, that director that you recommended me many times and I still haven't made up my mind on, probably because of the length of his movies. In time!

Full trailer for Shion Sono's "Why Don’t You Play in Hell?"

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
I think there's no way any action blockbuster this year is gonna top Pacific Rim. At least for me. Think Transformers with a heartbeat. Sure, it's cliched as hell... but when you see them giant robots/Jagers fighting... all is forgiven and forgotten. It also helps (for me anyway) that Rinko Kikuchi is in it, gorgeous as usual.
How was Ashida Mana? That kid's got talent.

Last edited by Carlx : 2013.08.02 at 09:46 AM.
Carlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.08.02, 05:29 PM   #517
deadgrandma

Oh man that dude is so varied... Never know what kinda film is coming next. This looks pretty damn fun though.

Is Ashida Mana that little crying brat? Cause all I remember her doing on Pacific Rim was ball her eyes out...
Old 2013.08.03, 04:20 AM   #518
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

Yes, she is. She is HUGE in Japan, they LOVE her. She appears in hundreds of commercials, she has one of the highest selling singles in recent memory, etc.

I just find her EXTREMELY annoying.
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.08.03, 04:56 AM   #519
deadgrandma

Why? Its not like you live there
Old 2013.08.03, 08:06 AM   #520
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

I really, really dislike young children. Like, a child does something utterly mundane, and everyone goes "Oh look! SO CUTE!" or a child SCREECHES like Banshee and everyone goes "She's so talented! What a great singer!".

I'm okay with my nieces and nephews, but that's because their parents know to raise them to not be annoying. Child actors though, are almost always annoying.
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote