Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2008.06.18, 03:52 AM   #141
wilson

wilson pleased at least somebody

ya you're right cjhobbies00 but I would not be also categorical for kobe. i think with regard to his beginning of career, he progressed a lot in this domain, so he is less individual.
so certainly Boston is more a team than L.A. i have no doubt about that.
thanks for the .gif tokyo jihad, this kind of sequence are very sad

nevertheless i' m so happy for Ray allen! look at that: 7/9 at 3pts!!!!dawmn it's so good.
wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.06.18, 04:15 AM   #142
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

^ Nice to see that you're happy for Ray. Those first two series were really hard to bounce back from, and it's nice to see him perform like this 2 days after his son was diagnosed with diabetes.

Come on Kaz. Pro Sports doesn't thrive on people like Kobe. There's alot of people like Kobe, but they don't necessarily help the sport.
And he's been "out-Kobed" all series by Paul Pierce.
How the hell did Kobe get First Team all defense again? He didn't step up against Pierce, Rondo got in the lane at will (and missed some easy ones), and Jesus rained down destruction from the three.
How can Kobe allow 4 out of the 5 Celts starters to have big nights, in an elimination game? Cause he gave up, we ought to think about taking back that MVP trophy (and Dirk didn't give up against Miami, Wade was possessed, nothing the man could've done when a point guard ends up shooting 25+ FT a game).

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.06.18, 09:19 AM   #143
kamikaze

kamikaze is headed in the right direction

I think the way pro-sports is set up now, not much really helps. I watch or keep up with many sports sure, but it's more for amusement. Honestly I could give a shit about the NBA, it's just entertainment. Some people have like American Idol or Fake Wrestling, I have "real" sports.

Look at the whole steroids drama in baseball, is it bad for the "sport," in terms of the sport itself, I guess. But MLB has record attendances and is making more money than ever. So if you ask me, it's good for MLB. People love drama. As far as Kobe is concerned. Everyone loves a bad guy (or even a good guy, depending on perspective), and it does help the NBA. Just look at you guys giving so much attention to him and you seem to hate him. Sounds like a win for the NBA to me. As far as helping the sport, when you really think about it, basketball itself is just a game. The business still profits. And I would call that "helping."

The reason why Kobe can win MVP and first team all defense is because it's a regular season accomplishment. You can't judge that on one game or even a series especially when the games are not even in the regular season.
Old 2008.06.18, 10:40 AM   #144
cjhobbies00

I wasn't suggesting that we should take the Defensive first team from Kobe, just pointing out that he hasn't shown any of that vaunted defensive in the post season.
You can judge defense on a series, especially in the finals. This is the stage where defense is suppose to reach a new level.
And like I said, Kobe just gave up. 5 guys collapsing on him and he only has 1 assist? Sad.

I know where your coming from, that a villain brings attention to the sport, but I can see the sport benefiting just as much from two great, cheer-able teams in the playoffs. We don't need players like Kobe throwing cheap shots at soft Euro-forwards on the bench.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
Old 2008.06.18, 07:36 PM   #145
kamikaze

So you can say that he played poor defense in the finals. That really has nothing to do with the All-Defense Team which is decided for the season. Which is why it's a seasonal team and not a career thing. And what happens in the post season doesn't account for anything.

And again, we do need Kobe hitting soft Euros, for the same reason that TJ posted that clip. It's entertainment. The only thing that two cheer-able teams brings is low ratings and boring basketball. Why do you think the Celts-Lakers saga in the 80's was so memorable, because they hated each other. Look at the dirty Pistons of the early 90's, complete assholes. And for all the Jordan "fans" there were many people who wanted to see him lose. Which is why people love sports, it's live drama.
Old 2008.06.18, 08:31 PM   #146
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

I didn't bother watching during the Jordan years.

I knew he'd always win =(
Old 2008.06.19, 04:01 PM   #147
kamikaze

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
I didn't bother watching during the Jordan years.

I knew he'd always win =(
He didn't always win, I remember earlier in his career, the Pistons basically owned him. And I remember that Jordan didn't really "react" well to it either.
Old 2008.06.26, 05:57 PM   #148
cjhobbies00

Fuck yeah! My Nets got Brook Lopez at 10. Gallinari would've been great, but Lopez is the sure thing, a guaranteed double double guy. Him along with Josh Boone gives us a tough physical front line.

Old 2008.06.26, 06:05 PM   #149
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Who the FUCK is George Hill and how the HELL is he better than Mario Chalmers!???
Old 2008.06.26, 06:23 PM   #150
cjhobbies00

Do you really want to question the people that found Tony Parker all the way in France?

Retro comment - "Who the fuck is Tony Parker and why is his French ass better than Insert American player here"