Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2007.11.29, 09:52 AM   #61
merman

merman is an asset to this community

once again, thanks a bunch. you're being really helpful
as for the tutorial, i've googled it right away after downloading dvd decrypter, so i had it ripped in a minute. it's here: http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/view/136/59/
so maybe you don't even need to go through all the typing of the tutorial. i found this to be quite good. i can now cut the mix to tracks myself, which might be at times better than just ripping the dvd chapters, which i did before. still not sure if i'll do it though, because what i didn't know is that mp3s have a maximum sampling rate of 48khz - i wanted to put the highest quality mp3s on my player so i can listen to the whole mix, for example, on train
still i think it's good to have the raw rip on my hdd, i can try doing something with it so i can listen to it on my computer straight off of the disk anytime without the need of having the whole dvd sitting there. thanks a lot!
merman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.01, 01:54 PM   #62
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

I'm surprised this is still available everywhere so long after release.
Being classed as a "Limited Edition" I'd thought that maybe 50.000 were pressed ? and that they would be long gone by now ? ah well.

I wish they'd release a KZK boxset in this vein
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.05, 02:17 AM   #63
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

I'm sorry for being so lazy and not reading this 7-page thread, but is this the Oiran video that is included in the dvd?

Oiran
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.05, 03:07 AM   #64
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Yeah Shinji it's the exact same, I just checked mine.

Screen shot matches your video at 40 second point.

DSC01234.JPG

Last edited by Ringo~Bingo : 2009.03.05 at 03:12 AM.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.05, 03:12 AM   #65
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

Okay, thanks
I never knew they actually put it up on tv stations. It's a bit too much random, tho lol.
Old 2009.03.05, 06:01 AM   #66
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG View Post
Okay, thanks
I never knew they actually put it up on tv stations. It's a bit too much random, tho lol.
Well, like the whole thing xD. Although they are pretty fun to see, they're pointless and the most random thing in the world. Completely useless release.
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.05, 07:06 AM   #67
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

Er... I think it's better than the MoRA stuff tho
At least these HFD videos are more complex animations and match the rythm/melody of the song. I really liked the "Gamble" video, for example. Gotta find the rest.

Anyway, I was surprised that they used the "Oiran" video on TVs. There's not even a single for "Oiran", afaik. And even tho HF is supposed to be Sakuran's soundtrack, the video doesn't include anything related to that film. Pretty much what happened with "Kono Yo no Kagiri" PV, altough that one has a proper single released.

tl;dr: It seems I missed a lot of what happened during the HF days.
Old 2009.03.05, 08:38 AM   #68
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG View Post
And even tho HF is supposed to be Sakuran's soundtrack, the video doesn't include anything related to that film. Pretty much what happened with "Kono Yo no Kagiri" PV, altough that one has a proper single released.
I think only the Sakuran (TERRA ver.) "PV" is related to the movie, since it stars an oiran and so. The best one is the Gamble one, tho xD.
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.05, 09:21 AM   #69
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

There were a couple of promo DVDs (one of which was available at Tower Records) for people who pre-ordered Sakuran movie theater tickets. They both have the same visual trailer for the Sakuran film, but with different versions of Karisome Otome playing in the background.

Tower allowed me to add the ticket/DVD combo package to my cart and submit an order, but when it came time to ship out, they emailed me with "Oh, by the way, this is only for people within Japan". I don't CARE that I'm not going to be physically there to use the damn tickets! If I'm willing to pay for the full package, then at least send me the damn DVD!

To make matters worse, deputy services also freak out whenever tickets are included in an auction (for surprisingly good reasons I won't elaborate on at the moment), so the first time when I tried to bid on the ticket/DVD combo, a human being working for the deputy service had to review the auction before the bid could go through, they were too backlogged on those kind of bids, and the auction ended without my bid. It was my very first experience with Tower Records and my first experience with a deputy service - both of which were frustrating.

Nowadays you can find auctions with just the DVDs, and there isn't much demand anymore. If you like audio/video quality, then these promo DVDs are actually a disappointment - but from a visual standpoint it's still better than staring at the "motion graphics" for any version of Karisome Otome.
Old 2009.03.05, 12:43 PM   #70
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

I have all the sakuran-era stuff, including those promo dvds. the promo dvds were sold through tower records and were basically two tickets to the movie with a little bonus dvd that played karisome otome with footage from the movie.

there was also a dvd release that includes interviews and behinds the scenes stuff not included on the actual dvd.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote