Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2008.07.06, 09:25 AM   #11
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

After all the fees kick in, you're spending at least $80 AUD. That is a best case scenario, and depends on when you go for it. Right now we're experiencing one of the worst summers ever, for anyone trying to obtain old Shiina Ringo collectibles for cheap. All-the-sudden the rarest stuff is selling for at least 3 times whatever it would fetch before. I may have to stop looking at Yahoo! Japan Auctions for a few months. I have a feeling this is all in some way related to the anniversary, like it sparked renewed interest among bidders. Whatever it is, I can't do anything about it - short of robbing banks.
Old 2008.07.06, 02:04 PM   #12
NCORE

NCORE has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
Whatever it is, I can't do anything about it - short of robbing banks.
These Forums are full of role models.. :O
You are so cool
NCORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.06, 04:00 PM   #13
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

According to Glath's snaphsots of the vinyl, his house looks SOOO much like mine (my parent's) =p
Old 2008.07.06, 11:11 PM   #14
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
After all the fees kick in, you're spending at least $80 AUD. That is a best case scenario, and depends on when you go for it. Right now we're experiencing one of the worst summers ever, for anyone trying to obtain old Shiina Ringo collectibles for cheap. All-the-sudden the rarest stuff is selling for at least 3 times whatever it would fetch before. I may have to stop looking at Yahoo! Japan Auctions for a few months. I have a feeling this is all in some way related to the anniversary, like it sparked renewed interest among bidders. Whatever it is, I can't do anything about it - short of robbing banks.
Thanks for that Glath. Well I'd be willing to spend $80. But yeah, I can imagine everyone will be jacking up their prices at the moment. I know I suddenly want everything I don't have like 10x more because of the recent releases. Still might look into it though..
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.08.22, 06:32 PM   #15
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Just gonna picture spam here, I am a heathen that opened theirs and played it:

So yeah... get it if you can/want/have the means, cause its purrrty :-)
Old 2011.08.25, 02:57 AM   #16
Mr Sands

Mr Sands is headed in the right direction

Good lord I want that but I feel the chances of me finding that in the RECOfan in Shibuya are low.
Mr Sands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.01.16, 05:07 PM   #17
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I was wondering if this vinyl is still available and where I could find it?
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.01.17, 03:44 AM   #18
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

KZK is actually the oldest and hardest-to-find full-album LP from Shiina Ringo. Even though KZK was her third original album, it was her first album to get a vinyl LP, and it was released (as a limited run) within months of the original CD. No other Shiina Ringo albums had vinyl releases until 4-5 years after KZK, and by then the vinyl copies of KZK were long gone from the primary market.

Meanwhile Tokyo Jihen never got a full album onto LP - it was mostly a bunch of double-singles, and Sanmon Gossip got similar treatment. This seems to mark the end of the whole vinyl saga, as Sports and Dai-hakken have gone by without vinyl.

Outside of used records stores in Japan, or Japanese auction sites - you won't consistently find a KZK LP offered through any other platform. One copy will show up on eBay every few years, and whoever wins isn't getting it for cheap. The eBay seller isn't even expected to say if the copy is factory-sealed, to have bidders in a frenzy. It's essentially the holy grail for a lot of Shiina Ringo collectors.
Old 2012.01.17, 06:22 AM   #19
destrega
Banned

destrega pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by FadedSun View Post
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I was wondering if this vinyl is still available and where I could find it?
Yahoo! auctions for sure. Just set up a bookmark and check every day. If you're determined you'll get it. I'd be surprised if even an opened one had actually been played.

Link to auction of Ringo records. Once it shows up just order through a deputy service like Shopping Mall Japan.

Last edited by destrega : 2012.01.17 at 06:26 AM.
destrega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.01.17, 05:34 PM   #20
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

Cool! Thanks a lot to both of you. I hope I can find it one day. I only buy certain vinyls of my favorite albums and this is definitely one of them.
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote