Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2007.04.02, 12:07 PM   #1
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer
Default [TJ] 2012.08.29 - Chin-Play Kou-Play (DVD) [Concert Video Highlights]

珍プレー好プレー (Chin-Play Kou-Play)

Second-Press DVD Availability: Amazon.co.jp, CD Japan, HMV Japan, YesAsia
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.08.30, 10:27 PM   #4
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

The Dynamite section didn't look so great by Blu-Ray standards. Was an enjoyable start to this video nonetheless.

-------------

I wasn't psyched for any particular sections of the Blu-Ray, but DOMESTIC! Virgin LINE alone ended up being worth the entire purchase price. It's not the best high definition I've ever seen (it might be an upscale), but from now on it's going to be painful revisiting the bootleg for the rest of the songs. The imperfections in this portion of the Blu-Ray look more like film problems and not so much like digital problems. Here's a few examples of what I mean:

DOMESTIC! Virgin Line (1).png

DOMESTIC! Virgin Line (2).png

DOMESTIC! Virgin Line (3).png

Is this an upscale from standard definition? I'm not so sure.

-------------

The Just Can't Help It version of Dynamite is purely on-stage footage here, unlike the original release.

The Spa & Treatment section is as clean as high definition should be, but not as clear. It looks like an upscale from abnormally-clean standard definition.

All of the previously-released footage beyond Spa & Treatment is exactly what you'd expect - no different on this Blu-Ray than on the original Blu-Rays.

The bonus reel cuts a lot of the songs short - especially if the performances are pre-Variety.

Marunouchi Sadistic sounds like the Phase 2 version, with footage overlayed from nearly a dozen performances.
Old 2012.09.01, 12:01 PM   #5
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

I would have been happier with the entire Virgin Line concert in HD than this live sampler. Those screen caps look very good even with film grain/artifacts. thanks for those, Glath.
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.09.05, 12:53 AM   #6
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Onto the Blu Ray: As Glath mentioned, the best part is easily the Virgin Line part. But it also plays pretty nicely on the whole. While I have seen most of the stuff, it was nice to sit back and see a lot of the highlights from the DVDs/Blu Rays without having to switch discs. The extra parts, unfortunately were a bit all over the place, very cut up and cock-teasy.

But anyway, that aside, a neat little package. If you already own the DVDs then you may wanna hold back on this one.

But then again... SOURETSU IN FUCKING HD.

I'm not sure what I could rate this out of 10. I'm pretty happy with it from a collector's point of view, but don't imagine watching anything but the Virgin stuff in the future. If you dont own any of the DVDs or were indecisive about which one to get, why not grab this one.
Old 2012.09.06, 08:42 PM   #7
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

Still holding out on the possibility that the Virgin Line and Fuji Rock bits will surface on Youtube at some point of time. The price of the DVD is a rather hefty investment for something with 80% of its material I've already seen before.
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.10.06, 08:46 PM   #8
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

I still absolutely love the cover art from this. A peacock on a soccer field (a bizarre/hilarious enough image all on its own), with a picture-in-picture clip like from a variety show of a person's reaction. It's just so Jihen, with so many references to their releases, and so perfect.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.10.26, 10:35 PM   #9
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame

On amazon japan, they listed 32 songs

23. その淑女ふしだらにつき (0724YAMABIKARI) [フェス&イベント・ダイジェスト]
24. 御祭騒ぎ (FM802 MEET THE WORLD BEAT 2004) [フェス&イベント・ダイジェスト]
25. 遭難 (FUJI ROCK FESTIVAL ’04) [フェス&イベント・ダイジェスト]
26. 花魁・ブラックアウト (COUNTDOWN JAPAN 06/07) [フェス&イベント・ダイジェスト]
27. 閃光少女 (RISING SUN ROCK FESTIVAL 2008 in EZO) [フェス&イベント・ダイジェスト]
28. BB.QUEEN・ミラーボール (SOCIETY OF THE CITIZENS Vol.2) [フェス&イベント・ダイジェスト]
29. 我慢・ありあまる富 (COUNTDOWN JAPAN 09/10) [フェス&イベント・ダイジェスト]
30. 天国へようこそ・透明人間 (EMI ROCKS 2010) [フェス&イベント・ダイジェスト]
31. sa_i_ta・キラーチューン (EMI ROCKS 2012) [フェス&イベント・ダイジェスト]
32. 幕の内サディスティック

Are these full songs or fragments?
Inseu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.10.27, 03:22 AM   #10
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Fragments