Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2011.10.25, 11:02 PM   #231
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

I'm both scared and intrigued by the idea of new Beavis and Butthead.

I hope it doesn't try to be too modern... this would be disastrous.

I hope it is focused on pleasing the oldschool fans rather than the youth of today. I don't want another Family-Guy trying to be funny by being random style show, I want my plain, simple, down to earth, completely stupid but secretly smart show that B and B used to be.

Well, we'll find out if Mike Judge nails the coffin on his career or not tomorrow, and whether he is still as on the ball with getting the voices right. I truly hope it hits home and is as great as those classic episodes from my childhood. Or at least on par with say, South Park. Somehow I think this is wishful thinking. But fingers crossed.
Old 2011.11.11, 07:32 PM   #232
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

Brian Eno on The Colbert Report
TeslaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.11.14, 07:05 PM   #233
zombiestrip

zombiestrip pleased at least somebody

NBC just put Community on the shelf for an indefinite amount of time. There's a chance it might get cancelled. Legit sad over this since Community is the only sitcom I lovingly cling to each and every week.

If anyone here is a fan of the show, show your support and sign this petition!

http://www.save-community.com/
zombiestrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.11.15, 05:16 AM   #234
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

The sad truth is, you know a show is good when it is on the cancellation bubble. When the Office was at its best, it teetered across the edge; now that its a cartoony mess, mainstay.
Old 2011.11.15, 06:17 AM   #235
zombiestrip

zombiestrip pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
The sad truth is, you know a show is good when it is on the cancellation bubble. When the Office was at its best, it teetered across the edge; now that its a cartoony mess, mainstay.
I think that, unlike The Office, Community actually knows when it's time will be up. Pretty sure Community only needs four solid seasons to properly send the show off, five if we're lucky. I just hate the thought of another Arrested Development-style send off. Although I shouldn't really be the one to talk about AD since I only decided to finally watch it this year. Terrible, I know.
zombiestrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.11.15, 09:04 AM   #236
BlueApple

BlueApple is an asset to this community

When the Office was at its best, it teetered across the edge; now that its a cartoony mess, mainstay.
I don't even know why they decided to continue after season 7 (not that seasons 5 & 6 were terribly necessary either). It's just going to end on a sour note because at this point it's just ridiculous, irredeemable crap, and all the characters are just extreme exaggerations of their former selves. /whine&complain

As for Community, a year ago I made a post in this very thread saying "It is a really good show; so, I hope it doesn't get canceled anytime soon." Now, I couldn't care less. Season 2 was a little hit or miss for me, and I completely gave up when they decided to do the two-part paintball episode. I thought the paintball episode in season 1 was OKAY; so, I really didn't think that it justified another paintball episode let alone a two-part one, but everyone else seemed to flip their shit over it and think it was the greatest thing ever. SO whatever. I can't say I'm sad over its possible cancellation.

In the mean time, Parks & Rec is the only show I'm really keeping up with this season, and I love it.
BlueApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.11.15, 12:17 PM   #237
The Most Curious Thing

The Most Curious Thing raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by BlueApple View Post
I don't even know why they decided to continue after season 7 (not that seasons 5 & 6 were terribly necessary either). It's just going to end on a sour note because at this point it's just ridiculous, irredeemable crap, and all the characters are just extreme exaggerations of their former selves. /whine&complain
Yeah, you're 100% right. Things like Jon Krasinski's camera glances have just stopped being funny, through no fault of their own. But I think the thing about season 8 is, it's not suffering from Steve Carell leaving; it's suffering because everyone else needs to leave -- if anything, James Spader's addition has proven to be brilliant (or at least he's acting the role brilliantly). Every show either needs a healthy amount of character turnover, or should just stop after 14 episodes like the UK version.
The Most Curious Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.11.15, 12:27 PM   #238
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

The Season 4 finale (the episode where they introduced Holly) would have been the perfect place to end the series.
Old 2011.11.15, 12:33 PM   #239
karateexplosion

karateexplosion is an asset to this community

The sad truth is, you know a show is good when it is on the cancellation bubble.
Oh God, quoted for cold, honest truthiness.
karateexplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.11.16, 07:46 AM   #240
thespidereggs

thespidereggs is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by zombiestrip View Post
I think that, unlike The Office, Community actually knows when it's time will be up. Pretty sure Community only needs four solid seasons to properly send the show off, five if we're lucky. I just hate the thought of another Arrested Development-style send off. Although I shouldn't really be the one to talk about AD since I only decided to finally watch it this year. Terrible, I know.
6 SEASONS AND A MOVIE!!

The worst part is, NBC pulled Community off the midseason schedule and kept. Fucking. Whitney. There are all kinds of wrong going on at this network.
thespidereggs is offline   Reply With Quote