Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2008.09.17, 05:49 PM   #61
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

on my 12th viewing now!!!! 'My Luxury Night' is utterly gorgeous!! the smile she does at the 48:49 mark is what dreams are crafted from

at the 52:06 part during 'Sid to Hakuchuumu' when the guitars first get loud, the guy on keys looks like he's being hit by lightning!! so so funny!

Last edited by Ringo~Bingo : 2008.09.17 at 06:07 PM.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.17, 07:32 PM   #62
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

I'm glad Shiina went back to solo shows, killed Jihen, got rid of the duck lips, slapped the mole back on, told Kameda to get fat again, called up Uncle Fester and Ponytail-guy (and he whom shall remain nameless but will harbor almost every male EMFers jealousy.) I think this is a positive career move for Shiina!

If I had to make a criticism it's that half the songs are straight out of GX. I'm not sure why anyone thinks Identity is remarkable here, its exactly as I recall it from GX but with a costume change -- not to say its bad. Byousho Public, tho the same arrangement, I somehow like more here. I dunno.

If half the dvd is straight from GX, its 100% forgivable because the half thats not is flippin amazing. Yokushitsu is why you bought the dvd. Even if you think the song is groosly overrated such as myself. My Luxury Night is what Jihen wet-dreams about doing. Stocism is inspired. Tsumiki Asobi is great (tho, they end it the same as from GX which somehow dissapoints me.) The one thing I'm kinda surprised about is that I wasn't totally blown outta my seat with Shoujo Robot...maybe the songs just not that good and thats why she pawned it to begin with? Its better here than anytime she might have performed it in the future (past tence, talking about the future. How cool!) but I'm still sorta wondering why I'm not winded like Tsumiki or Identity.

All in all, best non original-Tokyo Jihen live DVD.

...ok I lied, you didnt buy it for Yokushitsu. You bought it to see her jump around like she really loves this fucking song. THATS what I wanna see Shiina!!

Jihad so positive?? What fresh hell is this??!
Old 2008.09.17, 08:03 PM   #63
bromithia

bromithia has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Watching this just made me sad.

Shiina Ringo, come back, please?
bromithia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.17, 08:09 PM   #64
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

No Bromithia! This was filmed like last month.

Believe!
Old 2008.09.17, 09:55 PM   #65
natsume

natsume is an asset to this community

I had never heard Nihon ni umerete or My Luxery Nights either, both great/fantastic songs "new" to me.

She obviously writes on piano quite a bit, but I really am very shocked that she can actually play so well. I don't recall her piano playing ever blowing me away. Until now.
natsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.17, 09:55 PM   #66
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

JR is soaking in a bathtub of SR goodness... Oh Zazen Ecstasy, you are all I need. *blows bubbles*

Actually, the first half was kinda boring. But after that the show reallly kicked ass.

^natsume: couldn't you tell from listening to KZK that SR is somewhat of a crazy genius on the piano? I've always known that, but this is the first time I've seen that crazy genius. Seriously what the hell is Izawa even doing in Tokyo Jihen? Fire him!
Old 2008.09.17, 10:09 PM   #67
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
^natsume: couldn't you tell from listening to KZK that SR is somewhat of a crazy genius on the piano? I've always known that, but this is the first time I've seen that crazy genius. Seriously what the hell is Izawa even doing in Tokyo Jihen? Fire him!
First of all, there is a Koko de Kiss Shite performance as a bonus feature on Baishou Ecstasy (from when she was very young - years before that concert), plus one of the Shoujo Robot B-Sides (I can't remember which one) was briefly played on Tokyo Incidents Vol.1. It's also already been public knowledge that Shiina Ringo was responsible for the keyboarding in the Shoujo Robot single, plus she's been a guest keyboardist/pianist for Heart Bazaar and MO'SOME TONEBENDER. And last, but certainly not least, there are several of those demos of unreleased tracks, only 'available' on 128kbps MP3.

The signs that Shiina Ringo is/was a piano genius, were already out there. Oh yeah, and I've always thought Toki ga Bousou Suru was brilliant, even if it was 'simple'.
Old 2008.09.17, 10:33 PM   #68
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

I'll have to see it to believe it. I've never thought that Shiina was a piano genius, although I was fully aware that she was competent with the instrument. Hard to imagine her rocking out like Izawa or HZM.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.17, 10:54 PM   #69
zarya

zarya is an asset to this community

I watched it tonight.... mmmm *satisfaction sound*

I've never liked Nihon ni umarete much (the "original" Tomosaka Rie version), and now I know why: this song should only be sung by Ringo, because on that one, Rie just doesnt fit. Ringo makes "meh" become "I'm in love"
zarya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.17, 11:49 PM   #70
natsume

natsume is an asset to this community

I already knew, we already knew, she was/is a compositional genius, and I have heard all that stuff Glath mentioned except the guest appearances, and yes she rips a mean harpsichord on KSK. I have never seen her play so well.
natsume is offline   Reply With Quote