Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2009.11.21, 09:57 AM   #1411
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

No AC2 yet (waiting for the PC version next year), but I know you want to run it in 720p. The PS3 scaler sucks and most games look terrible when you force a non-1080p game to run in that resolution. For AC2, when you select 1080p, the game actually renders lower than 720p and upscales.
Old 2009.11.22, 03:09 PM   #1412
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

My friend bought Assassins Creed 2 for the 360 today. I thought it looked great. The character models weren't fantastic aside from the main guy but the environment was pretty nice. Not the most colourful, but that is probably accurate. I pretty much always get multi-platform games on the 360. Aside from the online advantages (not just multiplayer but party chat and the like), 9 times out of 10 it's either better or identical looking.

Left 4 Dead 2 is fucking awesome. Pretty much the first game but totally perfected and fleshed out as best as possible. The Source engine is pretty dated now but I don't care, seeing hundreds of zombies running towards you whilst you're standing with a chainsaw is utterly brilliant.
Old 2010.11.01, 04:19 AM   #1413
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Damn, absolutely NO mail on saturday. None of the two pieces of my Rock band set arrived, and not even Deadly Premonition. This was/is is 4 day weekend for me, so I'm a bit sad that everything will arrive tomorror on the last day, because today is a holiday

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.11.01, 07:47 AM   #1414
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Anybody played Fable 3 yet? couldn't find a review on IGN and am a bit wary of buying blind!

Played the first one waaay back but never played 2 so I don't know how the series is rated these days. :/

Also Vanquish is the shortest game ever! 3 hours and it was over.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.11.01, 09:28 AM   #1415
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

It has a fairly solid Metacritic rating, with scores varying quite a lot. A lot of people love Fable and believe this to be the best, some people really aren't much of a fan. I have yet to play Fable III, but I really enjoyed Fable II. The problem some people have with it is that it offers almost zero challenge and the moral choices are a bit black and white. Personally, I really love the art style (though it isn't really graphically spectacular), the characters and the humour. I enjoy traversing through the world, even if I don't die ever, I find it quite relaxing and stress free. You can pick up Fable 2 for really cheap now, why not give that a go first?
Old 2010.11.02, 09:50 AM   #1416
golem09

Finally my "Rock Band" set is complete

MyAnimelist
Old 2010.12.10, 04:59 PM   #1417
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

^You know, when you delete the spambot you should also delete the post that's alerting you to the bot because it makes me look like I'm calling Golem a bot.

Anyway...

Does anybody know if you can play Red Dead with the zombies as a standalone game or you also have to own Red Dead Redemption too?

Thanks
Old 2010.12.11, 04:50 AM   #1418
Inaudible-Whisper

Fair point. In future try to use the 'Report Post' button to inform us, then I'll get an email telling me and I'll likely come and sort it quicker anyway

You can buy the Undead Nightmare disc and play it standalone, but if you download it you'll need the full game. You can probably get the full game for a similar price now anyway, so if you don't own it yet I'd just buy it and download the DLC. RDR is easily the most popular choice on other forums I visit for game of the year. It is certainly mine.
Old 2010.12.11, 12:51 PM   #1419
golem09

I must admit it became so boring that I didn't even keep playing after you got down to the south part.
My picks would be

1. Resonance of Fate
2. Might and Magic: Clash of Heros
3. Deadly Premonition

Red Dead Redemption is my biggest disappointment. It's simply so much fun to just play and be in this world, that it's the shame that you can't do anything in it.

My game of the year 2011 is already set
HEROES OF MIGHT AND MAGIC VI!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Although Witcher II will also rule and Dragon Age II probably too. I hope they don't change it too much to appeal a broader audience.)

MyAnimelist
Old 2010.12.11, 04:06 PM   #1420
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

If the world is non interactive then it might be best to buy the standalone disc and just have a quick blast with the zombies? if I find I need more then I'll pick the game up too.

I remember buying the game though :/ I just can't see it lying about.