Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2011.02.07, 03:45 PM   #121
baruga

baruga has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I really enjoyed it. Somehow wishing the actual single doesn't fade out like that though.
baruga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.07, 04:45 PM   #122
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

SR looks good. I like her hairstyle. She looks a little like her anime character in Mayonaka wa Jyunketsu, no? It's almost like she's reprising her Mayonaka role in this PV... it feels spy-ish.

Don't have much to say about the music though, except that I'm not part of her target market anymore.
Old 2011.02.07, 05:26 PM   #123
BlueApple

BlueApple is an asset to this community

It's a sweet sounding song. It is definitely different than what I was expecting from the preview. I enjoyed the video... Breakfast time! I liked Kameda's ring and Ringo's fluffy bob hair. Also, totally random, but her eyes seem brighter/lighter than normal.

Some of the imagery made me think the next album would be definitely be Nature or Weather related, but who knows?

Oh and I believe the pv wasn't what was shot in New Mexico, but the Shiseido Maquillage commercial was.

Last edited by BlueApple : 2011.02.07 at 07:46 PM.
BlueApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.07, 07:43 PM   #124
Superficial Fan

Superficial Fan raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
This song might not be your cup of tea if the Tokyo Jihen of the last 4-5 years (ugh) brought you here. I think its a good song that is worth keeping an ear out for their next long work.
On the one hand it's nice to see you have something positive to say about a new Tokyo Jihen song. On the other hand, it's pretty funny that you would elevate such an average song over their output from the past few years. It's not that I don't consider them an uneven band, but they've done plenty in Phase II that is better than this.

Maybe it will grow on me on repeated listens. I don't mind it, but it's not as initially interesting as, say, OSCA (and certainly not Himitsu). The video looks pretty good, though I'm a little tired of just seeing them sitting around. Rock videos tend to suck in general anyway, but I wish they'd be more creative, maybe taking themselves out of the video altogether.
Superficial Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.07, 08:13 PM   #125
BlueApple

BlueApple is an asset to this community

http://www.glico.co.jp/kissmint/cm/11_cm1_30b.htm
New Glico cm is up.
BlueApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.07, 08:53 PM   #126
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Hmm, the songs not bad but to me it doesn't sound like a Jihen song (good or bad), it feels like something from another group.

Nice to have a 1080p video for it though! looks aweosme on the big screen all sharp with facial pores and so on.

@Yahiko, a few days ago I went a bit hard at you here and was well out of order so I apologize for that. no excuses for that so sorry.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.08, 12:56 AM   #127
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo View Post
Hmm, the songs not bad but to me it doesn't sound like a Jihen song (good or bad), it feels like something from another group.

Nice to have a 1080p video for it though! looks aweosme on the big screen all sharp with facial pores and so on.

@Yahiko, a few days ago I went a bit hard at you here and was well out of order so I apologize for that. no excuses for that so sorry.
that's fine, no problem

I really like this PV and song .. it gave me goosebumps the first time I listened/watched it and now I'm really excited about the new album.. will listen to it in nonstop today going to work =D

I wonder what's the link between the song and the 5 senses... also the last scene is very random, it would be nice if it was followed by the pv for onna no ko wa daredemo (a la sounan~dynamite, gunjou~tramp), and that would make sense since its a double a-side, but i think i'm asking tooo much

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Yahiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.08, 01:52 AM   #128
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Even if you like this song, it's no indication as to how the rest of the album will sound. You know this!
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.08, 03:45 AM   #129
Speakeasy

Speakeasy pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by Yahiko View Post
I wonder what's the link between the song and the 5 senses... also the last scene is very random, it would be nice if it was followed by the pv for onna no ko wa daredemo (a la sounan~dynamite, gunjou~tramp), and that would make sense since its a double a-side, but i think i'm asking tooo much
I think the PV is about the band getting ready to rob a cargo cuz:

1) the lyrics repeatedly elude to them being on the run;
2) Kameda was toying with something that looks like a lockpick;
3) Uki is the getaway driver;
4) Ringo pulls the strings by making calls
5) there's a gypsum rabbit (among other things)... on the run... get it?

6) And most importantly, the last scene shows the crew sitting down waiting as a case is being pushed across the room. I think that's the case they are trying to rob.

Just a theory.
Speakeasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.08, 03:47 AM   #130
Speakeasy

Speakeasy pleased at least somebody

I like the song. It's better than all the singles they've produced from Variety and Sports.

Stylistically yes it does sound like some other band. Sonically I'd say a stripped-down Garbage; visually the reference to Sophie Muller is pretty blatant no?
Speakeasy is offline   Reply With Quote