Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News Upcoming releases, tours, TV spots, magazine appearances, et cetera. No posting threads allowed; instead, threads get moved in here from other places.

Old 2016.01.04, 10:45 AM   #1621
The Most Curious Thing

The Most Curious Thing raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by zordon View Post
collab with AKB48 next
nah, I'm thinking she goes the H ZETT M route and releases a collab with Hatsune Miku
The Most Curious Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.01.04, 11:04 AM   #1622
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by zeroryouko View Post
When she started Jihen, I disliked that she had gone a different musical direction after KSK.
I'm not sure I completely agree with that. It was more like a sidestep than a change or direction. Songs like Yume no Ato, Sounan, Jusui Negai and Ekimae still have the same mood/feel of KZK songs like Meisai or Ishiki.

Adult was the change of direction that has kinda led into what we have today.

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
justriingo was unbearable.
She was spectacular in the Adult-era. Her attitude soured on this forum after constantly being trolled/attacked. She's truly a lovely lady to talk to.
Old 2016.01.04, 03:04 PM   #1623
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
justriingo was unbearable.
She was one of the nicest people I ever met here, and we continued to correspond for quite a while after she left.
TeslaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.01.04, 06:34 PM   #1624
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Speaking about the way the forum has changed... a hell of a lot less talk about the Jihen boy's projects. I remember quite a lot of the older members enjoyed Petrolz a bit... and this year, barely a mention of their new album- which I hear is really good but haven't bothered with yet.

I'm not blaming this on anyone, just kinda suggests that quite a bit of interest in Ringo did also stem from her work with Jihen- perhaps moreso than I initially thought. Maybe moreso than we all would like to admit. This is interesting to me, given the amount of vitriol spewed at Phase 2 back in the day, yet most of them members disappeared with the death of Jihen. Does this suggest that Jihen Phase 2, while it had it's faults- was just a lot more interesting to talk about than modern era Ringo? I now look back on that time with fondness, and really miss the nasty ass comments from certain users.

Strange days indeed.

Anyway I did do a Petrolz review https://deadgrandmablog.wordpress.co...z-renaissance/

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2016.01.04 at 07:33 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.01.04, 09:32 PM   #1625
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

I still need to listen to most of that album.. thanks for the reminder! Uki's been doing a lot since Jihen disbanded.. I've come across numerous live videos with him on guitar. I was just watching this one a few minutes ago. Pretty cool stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LodX7ogM0wc
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.01.04, 10:02 PM   #1626
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
Speaking about the way the forum has changed... a hell of a lot less talk about the Jihen boy's projects. I remember quite a lot of the older members enjoyed Petrolz a bit... and this year, barely a mention of their new album- which I hear is really good but haven't bothered with yet.

I'm not blaming this on anyone, just kinda suggests that quite a bit of interest in Ringo did also stem from her work with Jihen- perhaps moreso than I initially thought.
Huh? Doesn't this just mean the exact REVERSE though, that most of the interest in Jihen stemmed from Ringo being in it. >.>

On a related note, sampled the new Petrolz album in Tsutaya when I was in Japan - was great! Can't remember any tunes offhand since I only casually gleaned through it, but I remember really enjoying it.
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.01.05, 02:01 AM   #1627
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

I guess my wording is a bit confusing. Plus, you're only partially quoting me.

What I mean was that Jihen, for better or worse, were at least way more interesting/argument provoking than current Ringo. And damn do I miss those heated debates.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2016.01.05 at 06:04 AM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.01.05, 12:41 PM   #1628
chii

chii is headed in the right direction

Soooo, I'm going to be in Okinawa July 22nd-August 1st, and then in Tokyo from August 1st to the 6th.

What are my chances of seeing this lady live? It's a dream. I guess I just have to cross my fingers!
chii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.01.05, 04:50 PM   #1629
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
I guess my wording is a bit confusing. Plus, you're only partially quoting me.

What I mean was that Jihen, for better or worse, were at least way more interesting/argument provoking than current Ringo. And damn do I miss those heated debates.
I don't remember any of the Jihen work being as polarising as "coke song". At least nothing that made people go "I'm done" or actually call her work "shitty".

Not that the ability to polarise is always a good thing. I don't need my artists to be controversial for me to enjoy their work. A good song is a good song.
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.01.05, 04:53 PM   #1630
deadgrandma

*cough* Tomei Ningen *cough*