Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2012.02.14, 07:31 PM   #91
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

For anyone else who can't wait, here's a video advertising the Bon Voyage tour with some previews of the Discovery tour.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKamehOZqjA
Old 2012.02.15, 06:21 AM   #92
Mr Sands

Mr Sands is headed in the right direction

You don't notice it at first but when you look closely at the Live DVD's cover you notice that Ukigumo is wearing very rude trousers.
Old 2012.02.15, 01:34 PM   #93
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

My copies came today. I gotta admit after the superb packaging of Color Bars Tokyo Collection was a let down. I think I'd almost prefer a regular press jewel case over this slip case... The paper stock is nice and I am actually enjoying the song selection more than I'd thought.... Yes, they have better live tracks, and yes, ringo does sound like she had vocals touched up, but it truly captures the band just as they were and will serve as a brilliant chronicle years down the road

My own complaint is 32sai no Wakare. The entire track has a very noticeable digital hiss...it KILLS it for me. The liner credits list the track as performed live at the Tokyo show but with no audience, so I am wondering if it was a technical glitch or part of the mastering. It drives me nuts. The rest of the tracks sound fine so it's especially disappointing.

Haven't seen discovery yet, probably won't have time til later this weekend
Old 2012.02.16, 07:16 AM   #94
Entry№1

Entry№1 puts considerable thought into their posts

Since 32-sai no Wakare will be included in Tokyo Collection, are there any loose ends left to tie up? It's looking to me like SR is going to go on hiatus.
Old 2012.02.16, 02:44 PM   #95
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Just finished watching Discovery Blu Ray. It's good.
Old 2012.02.16, 02:47 PM   #96
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Ohh mama. What are some of the best songs on it?
Old 2012.02.16, 03:06 PM   #97
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Handsome Sugite, Kaze ni Ayakatte Yuke, Carnation, Kabuki and Atarashii are highlights for me. Osorubeki Otona-tachi is always good and so it is here too.
Old 2012.02.16, 03:07 PM   #98
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Hoo boy. I don't want to be absolute and/or negative, but this was extremely disappointing. The only two Jihen DVDs worth watching are Dynamite Out and Ultra C. I think even Spa and Treatment is better than this (if you listen to the audio rips of some of the songs). JCHI has novelty factor at least.

Last edited by Scribble R : 2012.02.16 at 03:13 PM.
Old 2012.02.16, 03:17 PM   #99
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

Really? It looks very good from previews. That's surprising. Especially because I didn't really like Ultra C
Old 2012.02.16, 03:31 PM   #100
deadgrandma

Also, as far as the CD, despite the awkward song choices, it does have a nice flow to it. And yeah, kuro_neko is right about that hissing sound on the 32sai no Wakare song. But oh well, it's not as bad as the constant ringing on the first set on Dai Ikkai Ringohan Takai no Moyou DVD.