Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2008.04.13, 02:51 PM   #11
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by jigenbakuda View Post
@RollOverHobo
You heard yoko kanno speak in english? I f-ing love her and her songs in english are awesome. I really would assassinate a george dubbya offspring just to hear her speak in english. yoko... man you have given me too much. How did she sound? Come to think of it, the only japanese stars I heard speak in english were at the native level for both languages.

Yoko Kanno said "you're welcome" to me in person, which was nice but not worth killing someone over!
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.13, 03:07 PM   #12
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

To be honest, I do not really know how karaoke machines work, but I know its a machine hooked up to a tv. Plus in karaoke machines, the music is "faithly" re-created. It is no where near the level of a karaoke on a single. But it is my guess that whoever owns the karaoke companies are into the music business. Because finished tracks of utada's heart station came out the same day as the album (I mean non-single songs like celebrate). No way they recorded the song and got it out to the different stores within a day. So I assume it is a deal with the record company. And I guess that different karaoke companies get whatever music they like, because not all karaoke places have the same song selection. But anyways maybe the karaoke places are under contract not to realease karaokes of the songs. But I have no idea what format they are in, I do not know if they could even be sold (or aquired) to/by someone without having the machine. Perhaps someone knows more about this, and they can correct me.
I own some very elusive CD drives that have no problem ripping and burning karaoke CDs in their entirety, music and graphics together. The problem might be that the industry has moved onto a more proprietary distribution system, making discs (or downloads) completely useless to anyone who doesn't have an updated karaoke machine.

Originally Posted by NIMH Rat View Post
Yoko Kanno said "you're welcome" to me in person, which was nice but not worth killing someone over!
I'm a fairly big Yoko Kanno fan too (I own a couple of her CD-Boxes), and that's awesome if you met her, but I wouldn't kill for that either. I might kill for Shiina Ringo to say something specifically to me, though.
Old 2008.04.13, 04:47 PM   #13
jigenbakuda

jigenbakuda is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by NIMH Rat View Post
"Don't listen to them", says the new "dangerously" cheesy cheetah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz40z6O9qcY If you do not get it...

lol my my how fast we get off topic.
Anyways I guess shiina does not speak in english... Perhaps should we change this to a shiina's english lyrics discussion, or should it die?

If one lays a trap, isn't it the victims fault for falling in?
jigenbakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.13, 05:11 PM   #14
RollOverHobo

RollOverHobo pleased at least somebody

@RollOverHobo
You heard yoko kanno speak in english? I f-ing love her and her songs in english are awesome. I really would assassinate a george dubbya offspring just to hear her speak in english. yoko... man you have given me too much. How did she sound? Come to think of it, the only japanese stars I heard speak in english were at the native level for both languages.
I can't find the link right now...I found the video a LONG time ago on youtube (maybe a year or two)....it was like behind the scenes from Turn a Gundam Live Concert and I think she was in Poland, but I am not sure...from what I remember she sounded like you would think she'd sound in english...
Old 2008.04.13, 05:55 PM   #15
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

I'm sure Ringo spoke in English back when she was studying abroad in England, haha. And at some point during her career she went to Germany (either for work or for fun, I'm not sure), and I bet she spoke English with the people there too (since English was probably the common language between her and the people there). And who knows how many other random abroad trips she's made that were never publicized. Otherwise, it seems like she mostly stays in Japan and never has a real need to speak in English.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.14, 04:19 AM   #16
Cinders

Cinders is headed in the right direction

In Orlando there's this really nice traditional japanese restaurant called Japan Food Aki. It must be good since all the people working there are Japanese and all the local Japanese people go there.

They have a karaoke room, but I've never actually been in there. Apparently it has to be your birthday to use it. They have amazing sushi though. Next time I go I'll try convincing one of my friends to pretend it's his birthday so we can get in and then I can see if there's some Shiina songs.
Cinders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.14, 01:45 PM   #17
jigenbakuda

Originally Posted by Cinders View Post
In Orlando there's this really nice traditional japanese restaurant called Japan Food Aki. It must be good since all the people working there are Japanese and all the local Japanese people go there.

They have a karaoke room, but I've never actually been in there. Apparently it has to be your birthday to use it. They have amazing sushi though. Next time I go I'll try convincing one of my friends to pretend it's his birthday so we can get in and then I can see if there's some Shiina songs.
My birthday is coming up soon, What is the address? maybe you can come with me. I am dead ass serious too, I live in jacksonville, birthday is on the 22nd of april. PM me if you wanna go, or PM me to tell me the directions.

Old 2008.04.15, 02:03 AM   #18
Cinders

My birthday is coming up soon, What is the address? maybe you can come with me. I am dead ass serious too, I live in jacksonville, birthday is on the 22nd of april. PM me if you wanna go, or PM me to tell me the directions.
lol I wish I could but I have finals that week, anyways I'm in Tallahassee so it's a 4 hour drive. :\

Here's the address though:
7460 Universal Blvd
Orlando, FL 32819
Old 2008.04.15, 02:35 AM   #19
jigenbakuda

Originally Posted by Cinders View Post
lol I wish I could but I have finals that week, anyways I'm in Tallahassee so it's a 4 hour drive. :\

Here's the address though:
7460 Universal Blvd
Orlando, FL 32819
Talahassee, huh? chubby's, gutheries, monroe street, the extremely friendly women, finals I never studied for... oh the things I miss about tally-ho. Well I thought you were in orlando, so I understand. Too bad, I hope you were right about the birthday karaoke, because will tear it up by my lonesome. Thanks a bunch...

Old 2008.04.20, 06:43 AM   #20
Cinders

lol moving back down south though, to hollywood,fl

i doubt i'll miss tally though, it sucks here.....i'll miss fsu though :<

if you do go, you must try their sushi, i don't even like sushi that much but theirs is delicious, especially unagi, crab, even salmon