Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2011.07.10, 07:57 AM   #71
BlueApple

BlueApple is an asset to this community

Mimic and its two sequels.... Why? They also got progressively worse.

Also, another movie that I watched on Netflix called TiMer definitely falls into Worst Movie territory.
BlueApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.07.10, 09:32 AM   #72
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

It's possible to like bad movies, especially movies where nothing is required except that you turn off your brain.

Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift...I'd admit that I've watched it multiple times on TV. The Time Traveler's Wife is probably a step or two above that movie. Rachel McAdams is cute and Canadian. That is reason enough.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.07.10, 08:50 PM   #73
BanFan

BanFan is an asset to this community

I'd say it's a three-way tie between It's Alive! (1969), Popstar (2005) and Dragonball: Evolution (2009).

While It's Alive! has horrible writing, acting and monster make-up, what's truly awful about it is that almost all of the last twenty minutes of the eighty minute film consist of a flashback that adds nothing to the plot.

It's Alive!

I don't think I made it through more than twenty minutes of Dragonball before skipping to the best part of the movie: a (not even very good by her standards) Hamasaki Ayumi song playing over the credits. And the only reason I made it through most of Popstar was that it was an absolute train wreck and I couldn't stop watching.

Last edited by BanFan : 2011.07.24 at 11:28 AM.
BanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.07.15, 02:24 AM   #74
karateexplosion

karateexplosion is an asset to this community

I saw The Room for the first time the other week.
It changed my life.
karateexplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.07.23, 09:49 PM   #75
W3iHong

W3iHong is an asset to this community

Bruno is the best movie ever.
W3iHong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.08.01, 07:29 PM   #76
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

Hard to think of a film that was worse than Naked Complex.

"Studly Johnny Smith (ROY SAVAGE), “a very attractive and athletic young man,” starts to exercise on the beach. A pretty girl in a bathing suit approaches... and Johnny runs for his life. The girl turns to the camera and asks a question Mankind has pondered for ages: “Allergic to women? Or Naked Complex?” And what, pray tell, is a “Naked Complex?” Apparently, anytime Johnny gets too close to a pretty woman, he faints dead. Or, as a doctor explains, “It's a culmination of phobias instilled in... oh, never mind what it is.” Nevertheless, the doctor thinks he can cure Johnny by mailing him sit through the strip acts at the Café d'Artist. But when Esmeralda the Snake Dancer gets too close, Johnny freaks. He also decides to say goodbye: “I can no longer hold back this allergy toward women, those beautiful creatures.” So he pilots a small plane and, somewhere, over the ocean, leaps out... And lands in a tree on an island populated by an all-nude DELORES CARLOS and other nakedyoung women. That's right, our dimwit hero is the only man on an island nudist-camp for female sun worshippers. Naturally, when the naked ladies find him, he promptly faints. “Girls, this is serious! The man's presence may be troublesome,” says Delores. Believing he keeps fainting because of his tight flight jacket, the girls remove his clothes but keep him tied up because “you can never tell what kind of a monster lies in a man.” But Johnny eventually unties himself and is pretty soon ogling the girls, Miss Carlos in particular, without passing out. In fact, he and Delores wquickly fall in love: “You know, I feel so happy, Johnny, 'cause you are completely cured!” “I feel quite normal now and seem to have forgotten all of my biased opinions! It's very difficult for me but I want to ask you to marry me!” Hey, is life simple or what? Naked Complex is one of our favorite shot-in Florida nudies. The plot is so dumb as to be almost meaningful, and the whole film is so leisurely paced that time itself seems to drift away without a worry in the world. We especially love the scene where the named women do their naked exercises oblivious to scary purple storm clouds behind them that look positively dangerous. Roy Savage can't faint without looking like he's about to laugh. Delores Carlos, who's also credited as Executive Producer, can't act either but nevertheless boasts one of the greatest exploitation-film résumés on the planet with everything from nudist-camp films for Doris Wishman and Herschell Gordon Lewis to epics like Mundo Depravados and The Mafia Girls. (She and Mr. Savage were reunited the following year for Barry Mahon's equally idiotic The Beast That Killed Women.) According to the credits, Naked Complex was photographed at the “Sun Beach Club, one of the most beautiful Nature Camps in Tampa, Florida,” which, clearly, was the one place in the entire world where everything was perfect."
TeslaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.08.03, 02:23 AM   #77
karateexplosion

karateexplosion is an asset to this community

^Wow, I couldn't even get through half that summary without giving up. Attention spans these day, what have you.

Notable worsts I've come across recently:

El Superbeasto, a Rob Zombie-spawned animated movie, pretty much chock-full of nothing but crude, sexual humor, gratuitous violence and poorly-drawn cartoon breasts, with all the plot of a Scooby Doo episode sans the wacky hijinks. But really, what more can you expect from Robert Zombie?

Swingers, before Vince Vaughn was funny and before Jon Favreau was fat or a director. Apparently people like this movie but all it succeeded in doing was boring me to sleep. How you can write a script with virtually no plot other than "bunch of guys go around doing asinine shit" baffles me, especially when there's not a lick of humor or character development to support it.
karateexplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.08.03, 04:38 AM   #78
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

^ I like Rob Zombie movies, and Rob Zombie's music.
Old 2011.08.03, 05:19 AM   #79
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

The Corpse Grinders

Back in the early/mid 80's, I had so much fun renting VHS copies of stuff like this from the local store Video Vault.
TeslaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.08.03, 05:55 AM   #80
W3iHong

W3iHong is an asset to this community

Who likes Twilight?
W3iHong is offline   Reply With Quote