Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2009.04.19, 03:36 AM   #501
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
thats pretty nice. unfortunately my ringo collection is in fragmented pieces in several locations, mainly my apartment in Hawai'i and my house in Boston. Pretty much everthing from the anniversary upwards is here with me. So I can't line them up all organized and take a pretty picture like yours. that is nice though. I own her entire discography with the exception of the MM and SS vinyls, the Mayonaka Vinyl, and MoRA. Other than that, I have it all, singles, albums, vinyls, first presses, including Jihen and the collaborations, but you collection STILL made me feel envious. So good job. I noticed some of yours were still shrink wrapped. That takes a lot of restraint. I have this weird thing where I don't like buying used, I must have things new and wrapped, but even if I don't use them I have to be the one to open them, its like taking their virginity, they become mine that way. sick, no? so everytime I see a pretty shrink wrapped item I just think of my dirty and deflowered (and probably played 1 time) collection at my house, XD. Actually, from Kyouiku up I've been a heavy collector, but before that I used to spin the singles and albums in the cd player in the car all the time. To think I had the cds in vinyl cases always in my car ;;shudders;; it makes me so upset to think about it now, hahaha. OCD.
Only my KZK vinyl is still shrink wrapped. The rest that are in plastic are just removable plastic sleeves. I'm still missing a fair bit, which depresses me. And it annoys me that I have second press of some of them (Gekokujou, Electric Mole, Ringo no Uta, Kyouiku, Variety). And I'm missing the Mayonaka, Gunjou/Sounan and ADULT VIDEO OST LPs. And all Seiteki Healings, and Dynamite Out and In. I'm sure there's other stuff as well.

I am happy with my collection though! Larger than I ever thought it'd be. And I never thought I'd get a KZK vinyl.. especially not shrink wrapped. Even when I bought it I didn't know it was shrink wrapped, it didn't say it was on the ebay listing! Super lucky!
Old 2009.04.19, 10:06 AM   #502
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Ringo~Bingo collection update!

Same as before minus a Muzai Moratorium CD!!! I found it. To be fair I never actually lost it, I had the case flipped round and didn't recognize it.

As Jesse mentioned about missing a few first presses, I feel like my collection has a tunnel sized gap because I missed the limited Electric Mole & Gekokujyo DVD's what I really want besides them are the Score Books, you can quite easily get a few of them online but the KZK & ZCS are nowhere to be found (outside an auction) that's a glaring hole also for me in the lot.

OH! I recently got a Ringo Box, Ringo Book, Dynamite Out (first-press) Adult Video (first-press) & a lot of magazines! probably get them delivered round about July/August I think (I'm waiting for Ringo Book to come out before posting all as one package)

Last edited by Ringo~Bingo : 2009.04.19 at 10:01 PM.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.19, 12:58 PM   #503
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

honestly, Electric Mole first press is a lot bigger difference than regular, so I'd focus on that. As for the first presses of the her other tour dvds up to that point, like Gekokujyo, the first press was just a slip case, when it took it out it was pretty much the same as the regular release. Same with Kyouiku, I know there is technically a first pressing on that one, but the only difference is it came with an index card in the side to make the singles.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.20, 01:40 AM   #504
letemp

letemp is headed in the right direction

hi guy i got some question hope u guys can help.
i bought ringo expo (japan version) from yesasia
on the website say that it's region 2, but the actual dvd is all region???
am i getting the right version???

in term of package which release is the most collectable/ worth getting??? (both SR and TJ)
letemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.20, 01:46 AM   #505
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

*scrolls to the bottom of his SR/TJ playlist*
*right-clicks one of the EXPO tracks and chooses "Open directory"*
*reviews his logs found in the same folder as the rip*

Originally Posted by DVD Decrypter
Source Media Region Code: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8
That basically means Ringo EXPO 08 is All-Region. Don't worry about the excluded "Region 7", because it doesn't really exist anytime or anywhere in the world.

---

Japanese editions are considered by collectors to have more resale value, even when they are second-press. You will find that Korean editions (and maybe "Overseas" editions too) will say "Not for sale within Japan", but the Japanese ones never say "Not for sale outside Japan". Like you're breaking the law if you try to sell a Korean release of Zazen Ecstasy within Japan, but not if you sell a Japanese release of Zazen Ecstasy within Korea. Whichever version can be sold in any country without legal ramifications is the more valuable and legitimate release. Plus even when you have a North American release that can be sold anywhere, the Japanese packages are generally nicer even when they don't have bonus goodies.
Old 2009.04.26, 06:39 PM   #506
mucker69

mucker69 pleased at least somebody

Hello,

As you can tell, I'm a noob hur hur so I do apologise in advance for inadvertently posting in the wrong section, but I did try and find a more suitable thread, I swear. T____T;; But yes, anyway, I actually just wanted to ask, on the kronekodow site, is there a section that schedules magazine appearances? I assumed it would be in news and information but I didn't see... unless of course it's just because they don't appear in magazines very often...? (I'm not sure, like I said, I'm a noob. 8D)
mucker69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.26, 06:45 PM   #507
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

If you are talking about upcoming magazines, you mostly have to check the websites of the publications she might appear in. I don't think you'll find a central information source for that. Some of it might get announced on Kronekodow news, but nowhere near all of it.

If you are talking about previous magazines, then this is the closest thing you can find to a complete listing. I personally have some magazines they don't list out, and they list out plenty of magazines I don't have, and then there could be other old magazines that aren't listed by either of us. It's the most extensive list I can currently find, though.
Old 2009.04.27, 03:17 AM   #508
mucker69

mucker69 pleased at least somebody

Oohh, thanks for that! Yeah, I was just hoping that there'd be an interview coming out talking about the new single/album or something, but it doesn't seem like there's anything yet... but thanks for the help!
mucker69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.27, 03:48 AM   #509
kuro_neko

Ringo will be in the upcoming issues of Musica being interviewed by the mangaka who does slam dunk about her new. Someone reported about it in another thread...
Old 2009.04.27, 03:48 AM   #510
kuro_neko

Ringo will be in the upcoming issues of Musica being interviewed by the mangaka who does slam dunk about her new. Someone reported about it in another thread...I think it was like two pages back in the Sanmon Gossip thread in the News section.