Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2007.12.13, 10:40 PM   #61
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

I'm sorry, Shuukyou wins out for so many reasons. I like Shuukyou better, it was the only performance of that song live, ever, and there are little creepy kids in bunny ears.....truly a singular event.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.14, 08:10 PM   #62
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by madpawn View Post
Woooah. Thanks for that.

But somehow, Shuukyou always wins out in my mind.
You've never watched electricmole before?
No wonder you like Variety!
Old 2007.12.14, 09:56 PM   #63
whitetap

whitetap is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by imkookoo View Post
Agreed 100%. I even think it's her #1 performance ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QnlUlUyIo4
OH holy sht. Where is this released? I need to get it
whitetap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.15, 08:56 AM   #64
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Souretsu is such an overrated performance. It loses everything that made the song great in the first place. The build up at the end is terrible. It needed to be more like Kuki from EM.
Old 2007.12.15, 12:20 PM   #65
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
Souretsu is such an overrated performance. It loses everything that made the song great in the first place. The build up at the end is terrible. It needed to be more like Kuki from EM.
no way. the great thing about live performances is that they are not replacing the cd tracks. I'm sorry, if I went to a live and the music sounded exactly the same as it did on the cd I would get so bored, regardless of the artist. Yes, that means KZK, because why pay all that money to hear the same thing over again in person? I mean it doesn't change what has already been recorded and is sitting waiting for you in your ipod or car or whatever once the show is over. the great thing about Virgin Line was they really went out on a limb with some of the songs and made alternate versions. This song isn't great because it is better than the original, it is great because of the chances it took and the overall effect. Have you ever thought about Souretsu, the instruments she used, why she did it, the lyrics, all together as one work? It is about death and rebirth, and it comes off very clearly, even more so in this performance.

it sure isn't the recorded version but it still sends chills up my spine.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.15, 03:15 PM   #66
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

The choir in DV Souretsu was... magical. It really upped the ante for that wonderful song and made it even more memorable.
Old 2007.12.15, 09:00 PM   #67
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

I'm not liking nu-Maou any better than nu-Shiina
=P
Old 2007.12.16, 08:06 AM   #68
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

It needed to be more like Kuki from EM.
agreed
and if shuukyou would be performed one day
must be like that

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.18, 11:17 PM   #69
whitetap

whitetap is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
no way. the great thing about live performances is that they are not replacing the cd tracks. I'm sorry, if I went to a live and the music sounded exactly the same as it did on the cd I would get so bored, regardless of the artist. Yes, that means KZK, because why pay all that money to hear the same thing over again in person? I mean it doesn't change what has already been recorded and is sitting waiting for you in your ipod or car or whatever once the show is over. the great thing about Virgin Line was they really went out on a limb with some of the songs and made alternate versions. This song isn't great because it is better than the original, it is great because of the chances it took and the overall effect. Have you ever thought about Souretsu, the instruments she used, why she did it, the lyrics, all together as one work? It is about death and rebirth, and it comes off very clearly, even more so in this performance.

it sure isn't the recorded version but it still sends chills up my spine.
agreed 100%!
the bunny-eared kids in a line, all nodding their heads slightly out of synch, singing along to THOSE lyrics. Chilling.

I thought the KZK versions of Shuukyou & Souretsu were sacrosanct & should never be performed because there's no way they will match up to KZK... but this IS an amazing version - not as good as on KZK, but amazing in its own way. if it were performed like a traditional 'rock' number a la Kuki I'd be disappointed
whitetap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.25, 01:09 AM   #70
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

Am I the only one who agress with Maou here? KSK's "Souretsu" absolutely destroys the live performance.