Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2009.11.08, 06:11 PM   #31
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Why are we posting like this?
Old 2009.11.08, 07:51 PM   #32
KronKyrios

KronKyrios pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by BanFan
And are we talking about the same Japan here? We're pretty much equal in the bad to good music ratio.
OK, point taken. I have indeed noticed: finding good Japanese music is like (finding funny stuff on Youtube)^4. .

Originally Posted by Entry№1 View Post
P.S. I find the way you write your posts quite charming.
Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad

Why
are we posting like this?
I assume you are both referring to the same thing.
One thumbs up, one thumbs down, imagine that.
I have always loved the diversity on this forum!

Allow me to explain. I rarely ever mark up my posts anywhere I go... except with text markups (parenthesis, quotes, capitals, stars, etc). I saw how simple the markups were to use on this particular forum, and I liked it. And I wanted to actually use them all to see what they did (and make it relevant to the content), so that it comes more naturally, later, if I want to use it more casually. ...And I was bored, and engaging in some simple pleasures.

Pretty Colors!!!!!!
They make me happy!
KronKyrios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.08, 08:39 PM   #33
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

TADASHII MACHI:

I will never forget the awesome rush of emotion I got from that opening wail, and then the internally rhyming verses: "fuyukai na emi wo muke nagai, chinmoku no ato taido...", and that AWESOME bridge "momomichihama mo kimi mo muromigawa mo nai-ee-ya-ee-yaiiiiiii!".

Haven't looked back ever since! I definitely agree with kuro about maturing. I don't think I'm some mellow old fuck now, but it's become harder and harder for me to be moved to the point of tears just by a single hook. But I will always remember how Ringo always did it for me.
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.09, 07:16 AM   #34
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by gekokujyo View Post
I will never forget the awesome rush of emotion I got from that opening wail, and then the internally rhyming verses: "fuyukai na emi wo muke nagai, chinmoku no ato taido...", and that AWESOME bridge "momomichihama mo kimi mo muromigawa mo nai-ee-ya-ee-yaiiiiiii!".
I love it too
>3<

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.11, 08:24 PM   #35
JimmyKoria

JimmyKoria is an asset to this community

mizer: I see what you mean :3 and yeah, I think I'd have agree

Thank you moment of clarity! *gives a thumbs up and winks*
JimmyKoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.17, 07:09 PM   #36
ROCKET

ROCKET pleased at least somebody

Wow, came back to check this thread and got really emotive while reading all these statements.

I liked all of those stories. Don't you think it is great when we see through the deep layer that covers our feelings about the only thing that link us all in this virtual place? I mean the taste for Ringo's music.

Music is all about emotions, feelings and experiences after all.

www.myspace.com/maximauze
ROCKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.18, 09:51 AM   #37
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I keep reading this as "Our Feelings for Team Rocket"

(They were mildly amusing at first, but five hundred Team Rocket's blasting off agains later, they became unbearable. Even as a kid I got tired of this)
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.20, 10:18 AM   #38
bebio

bebio is an asset to this community

hmm I don`t have any truly special moments involving shiina ringo`s music. But Hearing to KZK for the first time was in itself a special moment. After years of being exposed to horrible J-Pop crap, I was determined to find some decent music made in Japan. Shiina Ringo was my first sign of hope.

Since then, I have found some Japanese music that I like way more than Shiina Ringo (like mouse on the keys, toe, lite or envy), and I don`t listen much of her music nowadays, but when I do, it is always enjoyable. Although a lot of people don`t like Heisei Fuuzoku very much, I remember receiving the DVD imported from Japan and being blown away with the big guitar and drum entrance for Gamble. It was an effect that happened to some of my friends when I showed it to them as well. I don`t care much for her first 2 albums though. KZK is still my fave. Since then, I prefer to hear their live bootlegs much more than the actual albums. I think the performances are more energetic, natural and spontaneous than on the records.

hmmm I think I will go listen to some Shiina Ringo now *sniff - tears of nostalgia*
Old 2009.11.22, 04:57 AM   #39
shiinafile

shiinafile is headed in the right direction

Tsumi to Batsu (my first SR song too) brought so many different emotional levels to me it brought me to tears - it still does at times. WHOA! What an introduction to this woman's power. The fact that I had no idea what she was singing about didn't matter in the least. The roar of her soul was all I heard. Then hearing all the amazing stuff on MM (yeah, I know crime & punishment is on SS, But I backtracked to follow her career) like Marunouchi Sadistic, Akane sasu kiro terasaredo... and Keikoku just blew me away with their amazing melodies, arrangements and pop charisma.
When I hear SR I hear a soul sharing her inner most secrets that closely align to my own and I still don't what she's singing about. Too bad a lot of that soul has been left out of her current output, but it's still miles ahead of the rest of most commercial artists.
SR also opened the door for me to experience many more awesome J- rock artists such as ゆらゆら帝国, Moon Kana, Flower Travelling Band and many others.

Last edited by shiinafile : 2009.11.22 at 05:02 AM.
shiinafile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.12.11, 06:42 AM   #40
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
It was like a bizarre moment out of a dream that day I stood in front of the gates to Kabuki-chou for the first time, listening to Kabuki-chou no Joou on my iPod. Listening to an artist who is just so physically far away, singing about a place I could only imagine and dream of...and suddenly I'm there. It was one of those "I've made it" moments in your life where you realize both how random and beautiful it is how the little pieces in your life fit together to create massive influences which induce important change, and also how great it feels to reach a once distant goal or dream.
I had the same feeling while riding around the Marunouchi line while listening to all the different versions--starting with the original of course--of "Marunouchi Sadistic." It's still a really great memory for me.

And maybe I've been reading too many JLPT reading passages, but your little essay sounds like something that would be written in Japanese. Super sentimental, super rambly, super "and then I reached this moment and it made everything worth it and I had a revelation." Hahaha. Hopefully you understand what I mean, but sooo many Japanese readings are like that...
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote