Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2012.01.24, 03:34 AM   #71
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
Fixed that for you, bro. Her 30th anniversary would be the perfect time for her final solo album.

I can tell you already that I'm going if she has some 15th anniversary shows. Nothing would stop me.
It just helps me get into the mindset of saving to see her, lol. Her being Japanese makes makes things so much more difficult to organise. It's just not right for me to be into someone's music this much and not see them live once in my life. At least you went to Expo.

I don't really think it's her last anything either -- I just don't want a 'I'll take a decade off music so that I can grow' period. And as far as making money for her children, I guess that's where Utaite Myouri Part 2 comes in =P

Btw, I already love her 5th solo album. It'll automatically be more cohesive and consistent than anything we've seen since KZK. Cohesion and consistency and vision is all I want. Don't care about her being 'revolutionary' or any of that crap.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.01.27, 06:33 AM   #72
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

I reckon she'll make 6 altogether, 3 oldskool and 3 nu. You know, for symmetry's sake.
Old 2012.01.27, 06:19 PM   #73
thefro

thefro raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by W3iHong View Post
It will not be her last anything. She still have a child to support. Plus, geniuses always have a tendency to go back to what they love.
Agreed there. When you have that sort of talent and passion for music it's not like she's just going to quit writing and recording songs. Maybe she won't feel a need to tour and come out with an album every 1-2 years, but I have to think she'll want to release what she does musically. It doesn't need to be a big label release or hit #1 on the charts.
thefro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.01.27, 07:20 PM   #74
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

She'll probably be like Yuming, where she releases an album every couple of years but with barely an promotion or fanfare.
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.02.03, 12:08 AM   #75
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Has anyone seen the film yet?
Old 2012.02.03, 06:41 AM   #76
W3iHong

W3iHong is an asset to this community

Its not up on JPS.
W3iHong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.03.28, 07:10 AM   #77
a_grumble_cake

a_grumble_cake deserves a fucking medal

I think the track is available in other countries now? I don't have itunes so I can't verify but I found this.
Old 2012.03.28, 09:18 AM   #78
thespidereggs

thespidereggs is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by a_grumble_cake View Post
I think the track is available in other countries now? I don't have itunes so I can't verify but I found this.
Not in the states.

Although apparently someone named Vega Orgel released an instrumental version of Carnation in January. Huh.

Last edited by thespidereggs : 2012.03.28 at 09:24 AM.
thespidereggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.09.05, 05:23 AM   #79
deadgrandma

Looks like this doco is finally getting a proper DVD release date, 27th of November, for those that are interested:

「今日と明日の間で」DVDリリース決定
椎名林檎がテーマ音楽を担当した、バレエダンサー首藤康之氏のドキュメンタリー・フィルム「今日と明日の間で」が、DVDでリリースされることとなりました。

「今日と明日の間で」
11月27日(水)発売
発売元:スタイルジャム
4,700円(税込)

出演:首藤康之、中村恩恵、小野寺修二、斎藤友佳里
テーマ音楽:椎名林檎『Between Today and Tomorrow』

Source: Kronekodow
Old 2014.03.01, 08:45 AM   #80
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

Well who'd-a thunk it?

I just about stumbled across Between Today and Tomorrow browsing through the Asian Crush app on my Sony DVD player. It's available on that, and it's also free to stream on Amazon Prime if you have that (which you should!).

The movie starts right out with the piece by Nakamura and Ringo. The doc itself is very low-key, showing us Shuto's regimen of training in very artistic ways.

The doc has English subtitles on these services, which I guess the Japanese DVD does not have.

So if you've got Amazon Prime or the Asian Crush app, check it out!
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote