Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2014.07.16, 04:36 PM   #11
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Oh, that thing. Still, hopefully someone caps it as a .ts, will make a nice upgrade
Old 2014.07.24, 06:07 AM   #12
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

林檎博'14 ー年女の逆襲ー

Is tour name.

Yes, Shiina Ringo is still around :-p

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2014.07.24 at 06:13 AM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.07.24, 08:08 AM   #13
anonlurker

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
林檎博'14 ー年女の逆襲ー

Is tour name.

Yes, Shiina Ringo is still around :-p
Who? I log in to read Seiko Oomori news.
Old 2014.07.24, 10:04 AM   #14
kalmia

kalmia is an asset to this community

It's kind of sad, but I too also come here mostly for my daily dose of Seiko Oomori. The name of this upcoming tour makes it seem like it'll be mostly stuff from the self-cover album. I want a real Ringo comeback by next year.
kalmia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.07.24, 01:20 PM   #15
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

Can we really blame Shiina for not being as active? I still listen to her music almost daily and try to learn a bunch of her songs on bass.

Oomori is much younger and has something to say. Shiina's already been there and done that.
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.07.26, 11:31 AM   #16
kalmia

Well, we got a single this year and we got a single last year. Ringo was never the type of artist that would release a lot of singles. And the singles she did release earlier in her career were stand-out tracks from her upcoming albums. I think we've been spoiled. Some artists release single after single -- to the point where years go by without a proper album (I'm looking at you, GACKT). Since Jihen was formed, we had gotten a new album release nearly every year. The only exception was 2008, which had the B-side collection album. And many pardoned this because of Ringo's solo album next year in 2009. Fans don't always realize that this was the first album Ringo had written herself in several years!

Let's face it -- the last full-length album we've gotten was Discovery in 2011. Color bars, two singles, and a self-covers album doesn't cut it for 3 years for some fans. Jihen would spit out three full albums in that period of time. I think that Ringo was never a very fast song-writer. She writes incredible songs but it takes her a long time to do it. Her first two albums came out one after another only because she had already written most of the material by the time of her debut. Then it took three years for her to come out with another album. But we all think that it was well worth the wait! Even before Variety, the members of Tokyo Jihen have helped with the song-writing and sped up the process. I'd bet songwriting for Sanmon Gossip started sometime after Variety. The rest of 2007 (alongside Heisei Fuuzoku), 2008 (B-side collection), and some of 2009. During that time, the rest of the band may have been working on Sports and Discovery.

Tokyo Jihen's break-up may have been sudden. So, if Ringo were to come back... it makes sense that it wouldn't be immediately. The waits increases now that there are two children in the picture. I'd wager Jihen was originally formed because Ringo did not have time to be active solo. With two children, even that had to come to an end. But she is still here and I continue to enjoy her music every day. Oomori is great but she will never be Ringo to me. Even if her next full album is released in 2020, I will be excited to all hell. But she better have a Ringo Expo '18. 20th anniversary should be special.
Old 2014.07.27, 08:59 PM   #17
deadgrandma

This article was pointed out on last.fm from Natalie:

11月から12月にかけて開催される椎名林檎のアリーナツアーの詳細が明らかになった。
このツアーは、11月29日と30日の埼玉・ さいたまスーパーアリーナ公演を皮切りに、12月9日と10日に大阪・大阪城ホール、12月21日に福岡・マリンメッセ福岡にて実施。当初ツアーは、初夏 に行われた単独公演が「ちょっとしたレコ発2014」と名付けられていたことに対して、「ちゃんとしたやつ2014」という仮タイトルで呼ばれていたが、 このたび椎名が年女であることにちなんで「林檎博'14 -年女の逆襲-」になることが決定した。
チケットの一般発売に先駆けて、セルフカバーアルバム「逆輸入」および最新シングル「NIPPON」の購入者を対象に先行予約を実施。申し込み期間は8月4日12:00~8月18日23:59となる。
なお次回作の制作にも取りかかっているという椎名。アリーナツアーでの新曲披露にも期待がかかるところだ。

I highlight the last part because it confirms that she's at least working on something new and most likely going to unveil it on this new tour. Whether that means something major or a single song is yet to be confirmed.

Thanks last.fm!
Old 2014.07.28, 02:39 AM   #18
kalmia

なお次回作の制作にも取りかかっているという椎名。アリーナツアーでの新曲披露にも期待がかかるところだ。
Hooray!
Old 2014.08.10, 08:50 PM   #19
Parsec

Parsec is headed in the right direction

チケットの一般発売に先駆けて、セルフカバーアルバム「逆輸入」および最新シングル「NIPPON」の購入者を対象に先行予約を実施。申し込み期間は8月4日12:00~8月18日23:59となる。
Hmmm, does this mean tickets are already on sale?
Parsec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.08.10, 09:30 PM   #20
deadgrandma

Yeah, for a while now