Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Community Center > Site Announcements/Feedback/Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2009.03.02, 09:47 AM   #61
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I sometimes wonder if the core members of EMF are so tight that it intimidates new members to participate in the first place. We've hardly seen newer, regular members apart from Shinji, Bongo and Tesla (from my memory at least).

Anyway, I invite Blogger "EFF" to participate more actively in our discussions/arguments, since we at EMF clearly like passionate people like that.
Old 2009.03.02, 10:29 AM   #62
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
I sometimes wonder if the core members of EMF are so tight that it intimidates new members to participate in the first place. We've hardly seen newer, regular members apart from Shinji, Bongo and Tesla (from my memory at least).
Yeah and those 3 should show how it is entirely possible to fit in without feeling intimidated if folks actually try instead of running off at the first sight of "Variety sucks", spreading the word about how evil and Shiina-hating we all are.
Old 2009.03.02, 10:33 AM   #63
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

We hate SR because we love(d) her.

Love-hate relationship people! Is it so hard to understand?
Old 2009.03.02, 12:36 PM   #64
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

If people are so weak and insecure about facing any sign of argument then I say it's best that they don't bother here! if all they really wanna do is spew a load of non-criticizing fanboy crap on a blog where they don't have to defend their points then leave them to it! Shiina's not a holy untouchable Goddess where the mere thought of disagreeing with some of her output is a blasphemy by which the punishment is death (though the lovefest of other sites/forums would give you that impression)

These people are scared away because we have actual opinions instead of the one way propaganda that pretends to be opinion elsewhere! that's why they bitch about it on blogs instead of facing us directly here.

EMF forever!!!
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.02, 12:40 PM   #65
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

Unity!

Sht, if only we can conduct a raid and skin those bastards alive!

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.02, 12:55 PM   #66
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by cjhobbies00 View Post
Sht, if only we can conduct a raid and skin those bastards alive!
Let's burn the witch! We don't like different people!

Btw, there are some newer good members, like Scribble and Grumble, who actively post and aren't afraid of, gasp!, discussions. And I'm sure there are more people that would find EMF a good place. They just need to find it first =P
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.02, 01:07 PM   #67
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Maybe it has to do with self-esteem. Maybe people like these are people with issues with self-esteem that if they like an artist or a song, to hear a criticism causes them to question themself. Maybe that's why some take it so personally.

The thing is people like Shiina are artists, entertainers, crafts-people. People truly devoted to their craft want to improve, always. Good criticism helps artists out (should they care to heed it.) I believe Shiina to be a serious artist who does want to improve. The sticking point with some fans is that "explore something new" does not = "improve." Trying a new approach is great, but it's not an excuse to not improve. I want to entertain, so I *LOVE* constructive criticism, espescially from people who liked my previous works -- thats who I want to pay attention to. Some friends of mine always say they like whatever, or feign a laugh, and I don't care about that. I really want to know what works not just "oh thats good."

If I were Shiina I'd be psyched to have a community like us...and maybe not so psyched about what i'd read -- but not in the way cry-babies out there think.

shame on the first quotee.

edit: EFF!!

Last edited by Tokyo Jihad : 2009.03.02 at 02:47 PM.
Tokyo Jihad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.02, 01:53 PM   #68
bromithia

bromithia has had more than 15 seconds of fame

eff those effing effers. EFF.
bromithia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.02, 06:57 PM   #69
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

The main reason I continue to be an active member is because I've found EM to be a welcoming community. Despite the fact that the majority of us have been here much longer than I, I've never felt that my opinions have been considered as less valid. To the contrary, I feel my input has been appreciated, and even encouraged.

Compared to other Japanese music forums where I have participated, EM exists on a unique, higher plane. This is a rich, vibrant community of intelligent people who engage in interesting discussions on a large number of topics that are actually worth talking about. At another forum where I am a member, most threads have titles like "Count to 2000" or "What Did You Eat Today."

Concerning the lively exchanges about the quality of various albums that occur here, they are the main reason that EM isn't some vacuous shrine. Any artist with an output as varied as Ringo's will inevitably have albums that appeal to some people more than others. And if her fans enjoy debating their relative merit, big fucking deal.
TeslaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.02, 10:38 PM   #70
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Hahaha, I can't even understand what Mr Eff is even talking about. When did we ever discuss what goes on in Ringo's panties and how that relates to her music???

also loving all the mockery of his post in this thread! EFF!!
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote