Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.04.29, 10:22 PM   #1
papilionidae

papilionidae deserves a fucking medal
Default (2009.06.17) PUFFY - Bring It! [Album]

Ringo will contribute TWO songs in Puffy's new album "Bring It!"

5. Shuen no Onna (Words & Music: Ringo Shiina)
11. Hiyori Hime (Words & Music: Ringo Shiina)

Puffy's official site
Natalie news

release date: june 17
price: 3059 YEN

i know it's not proper to post this news here, but i couldn't start a new thread >_< can anybody help? start a new one and move the information there. thanks a lot!
Old 2009.04.29, 11:28 PM   #2
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

you did the right thing, no one can post in news, so you post it in general discussion thread and an admin moves it to the news.

daaaannnng you are certainly a fast and productive little bee, totally giving the seasoned news reporters a run for their money, good job, XD

concerning the actual news,

I'm so annoyed with Ringo writing this for this artist and that for that artist and putting songs on albums. a 1000 yen single I can deal with. I own Hiyori Hime. Contributing single track album songs for various artists is a bit evil when you consider most of these are one offs being sold on 3000 yen albums that myself or other people might not buy otherwise. However, if I had known I would have to buy the 3000 yen album to get another Ringo song she wrote for Puffy, it would have been nice to know a bit earlier so as to save me the single, which has no extra karaoke or benefit, just the same track as will be on the album.

between this and tori dori it is borderline pushing it. that is like 6000 yen I will probably drop on getting ringo penned songs. with any luck this will end up on digital vendors where I can just buy the mp3 or whatever for like 150 yen. LAAAAMME

edit: if anyone is curious, the new track's translation would be "Leading Lady" as in the female star of a movie or performance of some sort.

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2009.04.30 at 12:23 AM.
Old 2009.04.30, 01:45 AM   #3
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Well, kind of good news... Or maybe not that much.
It's stupid that they only announce this now, but I guess otherwise they wouldn't have so many people buying the single for the Ringo factor.
But it's kinda nice to have Ringo related stuff to look for, for a change...
Old 2009.04.30, 02:23 AM   #4
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

yeah, more ringo material is always good news. it totally makes sense from a marketing ploy. pull in the ringo fans for the single and again for the album. still a cheap blow to the fan's wallet though. since people weren't pleased with hiyori hime I'm guessing this other song probably won't be anything to really anticipate. but with a title like that, you have to wonder if any of this music was lesser solo work being pawned off to other artists. I can see a title such as Leading Lady fitting onto a Sakuran-themed creative burst.
Old 2009.04.30, 03:43 AM   #5
bromithia

bromithia has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Hey, it could have been some shitty boyband.
Old 2009.04.30, 03:46 AM   #6
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Go back to your tan session Bromithia.
In more importante opinions, I wish Ringo collaborated in the ravex album! I'm kidding Brom D:
Old 2009.04.30, 04:12 AM   #7
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Puffy is good stuff. Unlike Neko.

Shiina's songs will be the worst two on the album, I bet I bet

Last edited by Tokyo Jihad : 2009.04.30 at 04:53 AM.
Old 2009.04.30, 05:40 AM   #8
papilionidae

papilionidae deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
you did the right thing, no one can post in news, so you post it in general discussion thread and an admin moves it to the news.
i didnt know the rule =P thanks for telling me

back to the topic.

i don't think ringo's songs are suitable for puffy ;p puffy's vocal are very cute and girlish (thought they are actually elder than ringo XD). so if ringo importunes her music into puffy style, it's likely that she wil produce boring ordinary pop songs. and that's exactly what i don't want now...
Old 2009.04.30, 06:43 AM   #9
merman

merman is an asset to this community

I only heard Hiyori Hime once, as well as Amagasa and I liked HH better. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that I watched PVs of both and liked HH's much more...
as for this album, the best option to get it legally would be iTunes, if you're not a die hard collector. No need to shell out 3000 yen for a sole SR track if you already have the single.
If they didn't want to just milk the hell out of this collaboration, it would have been cool if this new track was a b-side for the HH single ala Shoujo Robot. But they obviously do.

BTW papilionidae (hope I didn't mess your handle up), you're probably the most densely informing member of this community, seriously, you just keep on spilling news. You said you were a lurker for the longest time, it was a good decision on your side to start posting!
Old 2009.04.30, 10:08 AM   #10
JimmyKoria

JimmyKoria is an asset to this community

I'm kind of glad she's doing stuff for other artists. More under her belt. Plus it's not like she's re-releasing the same single packages and such like other artists to make a little extra money.
Closed Thread