Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.
Closed Thread

Old 2008.03.18, 07:08 PM   #151
kamikaze

kamikaze is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
My Sassy Girl is the only film I've bothered to see her in, but I've kept somewhat ontop of what goes on with her outside of movies. A few years ago, at least one commercial she was in, got banned from broadcast for being "too sexy", even though it was nowhere near as revealing as a Victoria's Secret commercial.
yeah i remember that commercial, it was for Gordiano (kind of like a Korean Gap). But that was the only one "banned." Her endorsements are huge though even outside of TV commercials. I think the only Korean starlets that have equal footing are "Lee Hyori" and "Kim Ah Jun." Between the three of them, you can't walk down a city street in Korea without seeing one of them on a billboard or a Soju bottle.
Old 2008.03.19, 01:38 PM   #152
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper View Post
Oh shit, I forgot Chungking Express. Watch it! And 'In The Mood For Love' while your at it.

Anybody seen Ferro 3? How does it rate against Kim Ki-duk's other movies?
ITMFL is the perfect movie. The plot the music and especially the costumes! CE is a different kind perfect. Definitely 2 Asian movie gems that everyone should watch!

Hey Whispermon, I suppose KKD's Ferro 3 is actually 3-iron? I'd say that's the most beautiful and polished KKD movie. It got me hypnotised for the whole time it was on screen... I don't think any later KKD movies came close to what 3-iron achieved. There's no dialogue between the 2 main characters but their expressions say so much more. I'd say quickly watch it if you haven't!

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
THANK YOU... And the main girl drove me absolutely crazy. There is nothing omg super fantastic about it. So glad someone agrees with me.
Yeah I hate that girl too. I mean other than the fact that she looks pretty... her character is really awful. I wouldn't want to have a girlfriend like that! And I don't like how the guy seems so henpecked. It's really lame. -.-

On a different note, I'm watching My Blueberry Nights now! (downloaded ) Have you watched it already Whisper? (Oh Jihad you should watch it too your girl Natalie Portman's in it)
I'm about 30mins through it right now and...
It's soooo much like Chungking Express! Cafe, bar, young lady, cop, some version of Brigitte Lin's character in CE, food, keys, the train... I feel like I'm watching CE again but with Caucasian actors instead. And I find it really fast paced for a WKW movie...

Not sure if I want to watch this movie again to gain more insights though.

Anyone else watched this movie already? Comments?

kamikaze: isn't Giordano from Hong Kong? So it's Korean?
Old 2008.03.19, 02:12 PM   #153
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
ITMFL is the perfect movie. The plot the music and especially the costumes! CE is a different kind perfect. Definitely 2 Asian movie gems that everyone should watch!

Hey Whispermon, I suppose KKD's Ferro 3 is actually 3-iron?
Ah right that makes sense, I didn't put two and two together when somebody recommended "Ferro 3, my favourite KKD movie" in a similar thread on another forum.

On a different note, I'm watching My Blueberry Nights now! (downloaded ) Have you watched it already Whisper?
I've had it downloaded for a while but I've never got around to it yet. I have a back catalogue of about 15 DVD's and a good few downloads I need to watch. In fact, you've just reminded me I even have it. I may give it a watch tomorrow, especially if it's anything like CE!

I can't remember the last decent horror I watched, but I've been recommended 3 at once -- The Mist, The Orphanage and [Rec]. Has anybody watched any of these? I'm most interested in The Orphanage as it seems to be in the same vein as a Guillermo del Toro film (And as I've just found out, was produced by him).
Old 2008.03.19, 07:25 PM   #154
kamikaze

kamikaze is headed in the right direction

kamikaze: isn't Giordano from Hong Kong? So it's Korean?
I stand corrected, it is based from Hong Kong, it does have a very big presense in Korea though.

Also, I kind of have mixed feelings about Blueberry Nights and 2046 for that matter. I think ITMFL was WKW's climax in his career and everything from that seems to be dropping (just my opinion). And trust me, I've been a WKW fan for a VERY LONG time, so I'm really bias, but I still feel that way.

Anyone here like Charlie Kaufman? I love his films too.
Old 2008.03.22, 05:03 AM   #155
EmilScherbe
nameless monster

EmilScherbe knows what you did last summerEmilScherbe knows what you did last summer

And how is this movie? I like the poster:

Sad love stories with good cinematography. I like it.
Old 2008.03.28, 04:29 PM   #156
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Just watched Lust, Caution...
that movie is waaaaay too long.
Old 2008.04.10, 02:51 PM   #157
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

I just watched "I'm a cyborg, but that's ok"
A really, really cool movie. Like a fairy tale in a nuthouse.

MyAnimelist
Old 2008.04.14, 08:36 AM   #158
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

And how is this movie? I like the poster:

Name:  ZZZ.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  53.7 KB
OMG! "Dolls"!! I just ADORE this movie. It's visually perfect, I love Takeshi Kitano.
Old 2008.04.14, 04:31 PM   #159
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Juno on Blu-ray this week. Yessss.
Old 2008.05.08, 01:36 AM   #160
baboo

baboo is headed in the right direction

Random: 20th century boys live action is coming soon.

Expecting since I have not known the ending yet