Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2015.04.07, 06:22 PM   #451
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
Once I embraced it, I found I enjoyed it.
To do Inseu's job for him or not here????
Old 2015.04.08, 01:31 PM   #452
waranghira

waranghira has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by zeroryouko View Post
The old Loudness War again? Maybe. But I did notice with both Sunny and Reimport that they sounded better with the treble (in the car) turned down...usually I'm turning it up if adjusting it at all, even with recent recordings
Nope, not that war (I can appreciate the current standardized loudness of mainstream tunes), but the opted recipe on how someone/s mix those frequencies.

It's fine if I'm playing it in the iMac's itunes where you can set automatically different EQs for each song (though honestly, this method is just band-aid over the main problem); but if I want to play it on my phone, can't manage as much (end up dealing with it half-begrudgingly. "This could be enjoyed better" of course the other half is still enjoying them greatly).

My defunct band.
waranghira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.04.30, 05:13 PM   #453
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Hey the second press looks nowhere near as ugly as the first press

I seriously wish the different layers were on different physical layers (as a plastic booklet like Tool's Lateralus) that peeled off down to just Ringo by herself, woulda been so much more palatable. Oh well.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2015.04.30 at 07:54 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.05.09, 12:18 PM   #454
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Right now I will review this album just because I haven't had the chance to completely express my opinions about it yet, even though it's been almost exactly 4 years since I last listened to it and I recall I didn't think it was that bad (some songs even stayed in my playlist for 2 weeks)

Kudamono no... shizukanaru gyakushuu: SHe butchered one of my favorite unreleased compositions of hers, this is how it should have sound: http://v.qiye10000.com/v/XNvQ8ODqbOTU1.html

Jiyuu e michizure: it's a good song for post adult TJ, but only an OK song for SR

Hashire wa number: Now we're talking, this is a GOOD song. Something with the flute/oboe reminds me of kojima mayumi. Maybe this is the best nu-Ringo will ever sound.

Sekidou wo koetara: I like this song, sounds like if oldschool TJ had an attempt to make a samba cover of L'arc~en~ciel's "Sell my Soul". Reminds me of omatsuri sawagi, which is not a bad thing in my book

JL005 bin de: Good, one of my favorites!! I know that I've said in another thread that she must stop putting strings in her songs, but this is a way to use strings that doesn't make the song boring. It sounds like it belongs with SG

Chichinpuipui: meh, it sounds like a regular nu-Ringo song. I see what she tried to do here, all the samba influences, but this mixed with broadway pop it's just like it comes straight from a Carmen Miranda movie, and this is not good, not good at all!

Ima: It's good, I like it. I reminds me of the beginning of Sakana. If she was her old self it'd probably be a b-side, like toki was bouzou suru. This makes me think: damn Sakana was so good, maybe it deserved to be a single

Irohanihoheto: I actually really like this song, and although I see similarities with TJ I think only SR in her solo career or early TJ would sound like this

Arikitarina Onna: I don't like it, but I think is not such a bad song. It sounds like it belongs to SG, and is another average nu-Ringo track. It's a shame that this was chosen to have a MV =_=

Carnation: I've always liked the melody of this song, but it was arranged in the way I hate so much. If we compare this song with La salle de bain, and imagining it with another arrangement, like Yokushitsu's arrangement, we can hear in our imagination how good this song could be!

Kodoku no Akatsuki: Mildly good. Yes, this sounds like it belongs side by side with Kingyo no hako, if TJ had an anime series kingyo no hako would definitely be the opening, and this song would be the ending. The chorus are very catchy in a good way, and I like the melody. If this was a TJ album this would be one of the best tracks (just like kingyo no hako).

NIPPON: BAD, JUST BAD.

Ariamaru Tomi: Now I appreciate more this track than used to, when it was released. Of course I'd rather have this as a b-side, in the same fashion as akanesasu was more suited to be a b-side IMO, and obviously I wouldn't like that SR started to make all of her songs in this style (only one per album is enough).

That's it, half of this album is good for me! No great songs though, the last great songs she put out for me were Bonsai Hada and nodouteiki sanpunkan

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote