Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2008.11.20, 07:24 AM   #1091
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Pretty much anything I could get to in the dashboard, I can get to quicker in this one after navigating it for a few hours. The speed of everything, with no second delays when pressing the guide and such is just a godsend. And having big graphical indications of what I'm looking at is much more intuitive than a list of literally hundreds of items. The dashboard had outgrown itself, not being designed to cope with so many online items. For example getting to Rock Band DLC in the old dashboard would mean going through a few sub-menu's to get to a list of games, the scrolling down for 10 second to get to Rock Band (and probably scrolling past it) then navigating down a menu of over 300 songs. The way they have it now is so much quicker. And they essentially have the old dashboard as the new guide button anyway.
Old 2008.11.20, 08:04 AM   #1092
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

you seriously used the marketplace to download rockbandstuff?
I always used the ingame menu, because I was able to listen to the previews, and there was a nice sorting option. One thing I REALLY wanted to be fixed, was fixed finally. Scrolling description on xboxlive with the right analog stick. I mean seriously, how can you NOT implement that funtion i the first place?

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.11.20, 09:11 AM   #1093
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by golem09 View Post
you seriously used the marketplace to download rockbandstuff?
I always used the ingame menu, because I was able to listen to the previews, and there was a nice sorting option. One thing I REALLY wanted to be fixed, was fixed finally. Scrolling description on xboxlive with the right analog stick. I mean seriously, how can you NOT implement that funtion i the first place?
Rock Band was just an example, it applies to any downloadable item for any game but I do use it a lot of I'm downloading a lot of songs because you can queue them up. Every time I try to go back in the in-game shop it cancels the download.

Having just made my first party, party mode is awesome.
Old 2008.11.20, 12:37 PM   #1094
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

I just completed Resistance 2 (U.S. import), overall I was pretty disappointed with the game, it never felt epic at all for me and there was a lot of graphical glitches too I hope Gears of War 2 is a lot better ?

Last edited by Ringo~Bingo : 2008.11.20 at 01:04 PM.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.11.20, 04:40 PM   #1095
Inaudible-Whisper

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo View Post
I just completed Resistance 2 (U.S. import), overall I was pretty disappointed with the game, it never felt epic at all for me and there was a lot of graphical glitches too I hope Gears of War 2 is a lot better ?
I can't comment on Resistance 2 because I haven't played it, but from what I've gathered the campaign is pretty underwhelming. I and most reviewers found Gears 2 to be very epic, but it depends on your expectations. Have you played the first Gears? If so, imagine it 10x the scale with much more environment variety, much larger battles and much larger enemies. I think Gears 2 is one of the biggest scale leaps I've seen on a sequel on a same generation system. I mean the gameplay mechanics are pretty much the same, but everything else is so much more epic.
Old 2008.11.20, 04:49 PM   #1096
JimmyKoria

JimmyKoria is an asset to this community

*gasps for air* little ....big....planet ....withdrawals *coughs and dies*
JimmyKoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.11.20, 05:20 PM   #1097
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

The new xbox screen is pretty neat, too bad all the themes cost money.

The great thing to come from this is that I discovered Tversity and can now watch most of my videos on the tv.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.11.20, 05:22 PM   #1098
Inaudible-Whisper

Originally Posted by cjhobbies00 View Post
The new xbox screen is pretty neat, too bad all the themes cost money.
There are 4 premium themes that come free with it. 3 of them are pretty bland, but the "Night" theme is pretty nice!

Originally Posted by cjhobbies00 View Post
The great thing to come from this is that I discovered Tversity and can now watch most of my videos on the tv.
Yeah, it's great!
Old 2008.11.20, 05:27 PM   #1099
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by JimmyKoria View Post
*gasps for air* little ....big....planet ....withdrawals *coughs and dies*
Really, I don't get it Explain, now I'm interested

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.11.25, 08:59 AM   #1100
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Bought Gears of War 2 today (Limited Edition) I'm away to play it now!! hopefully it'll

A: be better that Resistance
B: not give me any motion sickness
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote