Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2007.08.27, 11:57 AM   #401
madpawn

madpawn pleased at least somebody
Default moved from "Killer Tune thread"

Hahaha, ever since someone said that B.B.QUEEN ought to be called "BBQ" I can't get it out of my head! I can't listen to the song without imagining Ringo with a pile of chicken bones beside her, her face smeared with grease and sauce. Strangely enough, it makes me like the song more.

In terms of genre definition for the song, I'd say it's almost blues-punk, in the vein of PJ Harvey. Can't you imagine it as a PJ Harvey song? I could, easily.
madpawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.27, 12:17 PM   #402
Captain_Harlock

Captain_Harlock is headed in the right direction

Hmm, I don't understand the B.B.Queen hate D: personally, I think this single pushes three different opposites of the huuuge world of jazz to the next level. I'm usually against singles, but this one, wow.
Old 2007.08.28, 08:31 AM   #403
Op2
Banned

Op2 is headed in the right direction

Now that Killer Tune is released, I wonder what will be the radio single for Variety? Usually, the radio single is released around 2 weeks before the album drops.
Kyouiku had Service, and Adult had Kenka Joutou.

I wonder what Variety will have?
Op2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.28, 02:21 PM   #404
Positron

Positron has had more than 15 seconds of fame

(You know, reading this forum is one of the highlights of my day/week/whenever I remember to visit. This thread alone makes me feel two years younger and three years smarter in mysterious, unexplainable ways. But mostly it's the comedy and the drama.)

Man, I was all for the rise in Karada support until ShadyNook pointed out exactly who was singing about sweet sensation. Then I vomited a little bit in my mouth. That aside, I do like Ringo's approach to old-school easy listening/slow jazz.

Seriously, I was praying for some Kameda, Izawa, or even Hata vocals there... who wants to set any sort of romantic mood with that song now?

As for the two other songs, the instrumentals in Killer Tune were good (I can't get used to the transition to her high voice in this song; it sounds like it should go well together with the rest of the music, but it just doesn't), and BB.QUEEN is like a bell curve in that the beginning is passable, it picks up steam as it progresses, and then just starts going back to passable.

Hopefully the radio single for Variety will be Kameda's song, seeing as how we've had Ukigumo and Izawa already.

Last edited by Positron : 2007.08.28 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Speculation for Variety's radio single.
Positron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.28, 02:21 PM   #405
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Fukurou View Post
I wouldn't go that far (thought it's only my fourth listening of the single) but it's sure has a different feeling.
And that's good. I adore Jihen as we knows it but more diversity wouldn't hurt.
Anyway it's still a lot more interesting than Karada, wich is sure smooth and pleasant (sounds like some Bonnie Pink) but not very exciting.
very dispensable IMHO. (the first of the 6 new songs to make me feel this)
Yeah, I enjoy listening to Karada but I don't think I'd miss it too much if for some reason I couldn't listen to it anymore.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.29, 07:24 PM   #406
k3nj1kun

k3nj1kun pleased at least somebody

tv covers.. GENIUS
k3nj1kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.01, 12:28 PM   #407
Migoto

Migoto is headed in the right direction

I really liked the song, although I expected it to be a little more 'swingy'. Wouldn't mind if the tried a little more that path. =)
Migoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.01, 08:54 PM   #408
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

Killer Tune CDTV 26.8.2007
ChickShhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.02, 08:44 AM   #409
MBF

MBF has had more than 15 seconds of fame

today my copy finally arrived and I have to say... it took me 2-3 listens to fall in love with killer tune... but now I am
B.B.Queen is a nice, cool song, too... but so far it wasn't really able to touch me or anything
Something different about Karada: I SO wanted Ringo to do a song like this!! I love, how she shows the softer(, erotic) side of her voice ... awesome =)
MBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.02, 04:23 PM   #410
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

My copy still isn't here, although it was shipped about 2 weeks ago. Well, the thing is, that Electric Mole is in the same package, so I'm very keen on getting it as soon as I can.

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote