Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2008.07.14, 06:03 PM   #81
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

.. it's just so stupid pretending to be a so music expert saying someone's skills are not good enough and stuff when you just don't like the man cause he married ringo

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Old 2008.07.14, 07:07 PM   #82
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Well, thats just one more reason to not like him

Maou dislikes him way more than me and knows more about guitars than me, so he can explain better than I can. I think he's definitely a noticeably weak link in the band (him or Uncle Fester on keys) but I don't think he's distracting like other guitarists I know. I can deal with, but i'd perfer others
Old 2008.07.14, 08:17 PM   #83
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe View Post
Does it matter who is playing the guitar if you love the songs anyway? If it were anyone "better", the songs would probably have been different anyway.
Of course. When a good player plays the song, they improve over the original. Losing subtle things over the album version of a song makes me enjoy it less. There wasn't a single song on Gekokujyo that was better than the original and the only song that's better (from hearing the bootleg) at Zazen is Tsumiki Asobi. Tsumiki is only better because it uses a completely new arrangement.

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe View Post
Was Yayoshi the one that played on the album?
No. Susumu Nishikawa played most of the guitar on MM and SS and I like him over Hirama.

Originally Posted by Yahiko View Post
pff pff I bet if you guys didn't know Yayoshi was the guitarist no one would notice shit
I'd hear it as soon as the music started just like I can hear the distinctions in Uki's and Hirama's playing. You pick them out easily even in non-SR/TJ songs.

Originally Posted by Yahiko View Post
.. it's just so stupid pretending to be a so music expert saying someone's skills are not good enough and stuff when you just don't like the man cause he married ringo
Because I care about something like that, right? I'm one of the least ga-ga over SR and couldn't care less what she does in her personal life. Sure I might use that fact that he married her to insult him every now and then, but my true dislike for him stems from his playing. I've always been about the music and I'll always be. Why do you think I'm in so many Uki vs. Hirama debates? Because I'm trying to find a mate for Ringo?

So why don't I like him? He takes the worst traits from both Uki and Hirama and adds his own suckage into the mix. He has bad tone like Uki (though not Uki-like) and he's even sloppier than Hirama. He overuses harmonics and feedback. His strumming technique is sloppy and causes to accidently harmonic when strumming. Then there's my own personal personal preference for guitars and amps. I mostly don't like Les Pauls through Marshall amps and that's Yayoshi's main setup. His tone improves substantially during MarunoSadi when he plays a Jazzmaster instead.

Edit: I totally forgot to mention the fact that Yayoshi's solos are terrible. They're so weak and half the time he doesn't even solo boost! He just stays at the same volume trying to hide the fact that he can barely play a solo. Lame.

Last edited by Maou : 2008.07.14 at 08:31 PM.
Old 2008.07.16, 02:21 AM   #84
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Seems like it's time for me to watch Gekokujyo again. I don't remember much about the concert, other than an epic final with a great version of Onaji Yoru and Yami ni Furu Ame.
Old 2008.07.16, 04:36 PM   #85
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

I just had a vision!
She's just releasing this because she wants to please old-fans!
Ringo: "Hey EMI-san, just release one of my many old and unreleased concerts to please those annoying self-titled "hard-core" fans. I'm not going back there again, nuh-un!"
EMI: "You know what you doing..."
Ringo: "Now, where was I... Oh, right! In the middle of that verse for V6's next single."

Last edited by ShinjiPG : 2008.07.16 at 04:39 PM.
Old 2008.07.16, 05:01 PM   #86
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

No, as I said, torture.

See, you just can't keep torturing someone non-stop. They grow numb or die.
You torture them, then rest them take care of them, maybe have them pick their spirits up. Then start torturing them again.

Zazen is that middle part.
Old 2008.07.17, 03:18 AM   #87
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

it makes sense XD
both!!!

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Old 2008.07.19, 12:32 AM   #88
ringomaster
Banned

ringomaster doesn't know when to shut up

I think I actually prefer the Gekokujyo versions over studio, probably just the fact that they are live, therefore Ringo gives us more of the raw so we aren't like "ewww! That's not hardcore!"

But yeah that guitarist guy can fuck off, because he got to marry and shag Ringo and I never! That fucking lanky bastard! ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHH! FUCK! ARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!
Old 2008.07.19, 05:44 AM   #89
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by ringomaster View Post
I think I actually prefer the Gekokujyo versions over studio, probably just the fact that they are live, therefore Ringo gives us more of the raw so we aren't like "ewww! That's not hardcore!"
IMO, "Identity" sounds horrible in that live @_@.
Old 2008.07.19, 08:11 AM   #90
ringomaster
Banned

ringomaster doesn't know when to shut up

Well your opinion don't matter boy!
Closed Thread