Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2013.10.13, 02:38 PM   #61
matan-san

matan-san has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
熱愛発覚中/椎名林檎と中田ヤスタカ(CAPSULE) - I didn't know this song existed! Is it new?
holy shit, this is the best thing about the whole 15th anniversary I've heard so far
matan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.10.14, 08:38 PM   #62
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by matan-san View Post
holy shit, this is the best thing about the whole 15th anniversary I've heard so far
After listening to the new CAPSULE album I seriously hope it's more RINGO and less NAKATA... IMO, CAPSULE's CAPS LOCK is the most boring album I've heard in years, hell, I'd listen to Kyary Pamyu Pamyu over it anyday.
Old 2013.10.14, 10:09 PM   #63
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
After listening to the new CAPSULE album I seriously hope [the upcoming collaboration track is] more RINGO and less NAKATA... IMO, CAPSULE's CAPS LOCK is the most boring album I've heard in years, hell, I'd listen to Kyary Pamyu Pamyu over it anyday.
I'd be more optimistic about this collaboration if it had happened roughly a decade ago. That's when the best capsule albums were, near as I can tell. I'm not absolutely certain about this (because I'm much too scared to try more of their recordings from the last 5 years), but I'm of the suspicion that the music must've turned to shit by the time Nakata started pimping the vocalist out in the cover art.
Old 2013.10.15, 02:58 AM   #64
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame

It's pretty easy to check out on youtube... I don't see how "pimping the vocalist out" somehow undermines the quality of the music, I mean, isn't SG baiscally Ringo pimping herself out gracefully on the covert art? :p
Inseu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.10.15, 03:09 AM   #65
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Its not the same, Capsule's new album is far more bland than Perfume.
Old 2013.10.15, 04:12 AM   #66
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Ok I see, when Glath said their recordings, I thought he meant various albums produced by Nakata, rather than Capsule's.
Inseu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.10.17, 04:15 PM   #67
Carlx

Carlx raises the standards of what a community can offer

I agree with Glathannus, and I don't think he's making a value judgement out of cover arts, but the drastic change in the musical approach slightly makes a match with the rather monothematic graphic artwork of the current capsule material.

I don't usually rely on genres, but they may be helpful to illustrate the difference between former and current capsule: the early material (up to 2006, I believe) can be tagged as electro music heavily influenced by jazz, bossa, lounge, funk, salsa, merengue and more, everything with a neo Shibuya-kei-ish feel to it (not only musically but also visually) — while the current output seems to have abandoned these vibes in search of a more club-oriented sound.
Carlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.10.17, 04:24 PM   #68
deadgrandma

^ Not CAPS LOCK (his absolute latest) which just sounds like the most boring 8 bit music imaginable. The fact that people are calling it 'experimental' sickens me.

As for the cover... no woman, just the letter "C"

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2013.10.17 at 04:36 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.10.17, 08:37 PM   #69
Carlx

Carlx raises the standards of what a community can offer

I see. 8-bit music... it would be good if it sounded at least slightly like this. On loop. Forever.
Carlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.10.17, 11:01 PM   #70
anonlurker

Regarding the Sexual Healing complete box, is anyone aware if they are to receive the same level of remastering that the live concerts will? I've had a scout around but haven't noticed any specific mention about it.