Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2018.08.25, 09:16 PM   #31
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

I'd make an argument back but I've done that enough. There just isn't an act doing what she's doing for me at the moment, and I'm not alone in that regard anymore either lol. Also, you're all still talking about her on a Shiina Ringo board...

I do feel kinda sad that every act from last gen are just not doing anything special anymore (Ringo, Utada, Ayu, you name it), hopefully something happens and turns that around though. Ringo bothers me the most cause it feels like squandered talent. Utada is doing what she's always done but more dry, Ayu etc, well, that era is dead anyway.

Hopefully its just an awkward transition from 'contemporary' to 'classic' artist period? Ringo just needs something to sell really poorly to wake her up (fans are getting tired of buying jingles!) I think. Like the new blu ray.

Older acts seem to be putting out more interesting stuff than them though, Phew is amazing atm, the Jun Togawa x Vampillia collab was mind blowing. Sure, it'll never hit charts or anything, but at least there's some real soul there.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2018.08.25 at 09:31 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.08.26, 12:27 AM   #32
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
I'd make an argument back but I've done that enough. There just isn't an act doing what she's doing for me at the moment, and I'm not alone in that regard anymore either lol.
You don't need to.
Considering how shitty japanese music is nowadays I think is very clear for most of us that Oomori doesn't belong to the shitty side
Maybe it's just a matter of preferring beef over chicken... I never understood those people who think chickens are more delicious than cows (how dare them!!!)
Oomori is the well made chicken that everyone is raving about, but I prefer a piece of beef

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote