Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Polls
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polls This is where you find out how many people share your opinion - without prompting them to actually say something.
View Poll Results: Will we get another solo album?
Yes 22 73.33%
No 1 3.33%
Yes w/long hiatus 7 23.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012.03.17, 09:48 AM   #31
The Most Curious Thing

The Most Curious Thing raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by W3iHong View Post
Sanmon gossip songs doesn't really have distinct loud or soft parts. It gets really tiring for the ears after a while of listening. Whereas, SS or KZK do have soft parts for the ears to rest for a bit.
But that's the point of Shun following Tsugou no Ii Karada (and to a lesser extent 0 Chiten Kara following Mittei Monogatari).
The Most Curious Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.03.17, 02:56 PM   #32
BlueApple

BlueApple is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
More SG pls 4 lyf
Yes. SG all day err day.

Originally Posted by W3iHong View Post
Sanmon gossip songs doesn't really have distinct loud or soft parts. It gets really tiring for the ears after a while of listening. Whereas, SS or KZK do have soft parts for the ears to rest for a bit.
No. It totally does have that soft and loud. I think the album overall just has this great energy. Rodousha has a bit of a softness and hits it at the end, 0 Chiten Kara is beautifully calming, Shun gives you a break after the rush that is Tsugou no ii Karada, Irokoizata waltzes in after Togatta Teguchi, etc. etc. etc. blah blah blah.

Seriously though, I just love Sanmon Gossip as far as listenability goes. I can just start it up and listen to it all the way through. My only qualm with it is Bonsai Hada WHICH IS A FANTASTIC SONG FOR REAL, but man, it is just so so so intense that I need to pass over it. I could definitely see it as being a strong opener for a Ringo solo tour ala JCHI's "Yukiguni."
BlueApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.03.17, 02:58 PM   #33
thefro

thefro raises the standards of what a community can offer

Probably later this year or in 2013 she will reemerge with something.

I don't see her taking a huge break.
thefro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.03.17, 04:18 PM   #34
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

2013 won't just be her 15th anniversary, it'll also be ten years since Stem/KZK/Sugoroku/Ringo no Uta.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.03.17, 05:59 PM   #35
W3iHong

W3iHong is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by BlueApple View Post
Yes. SG all day err day.

No. It totally does have that soft and loud. I think the album overall just has this great energy. Rodousha has a bit of a softness and hits it at the end, 0 Chiten Kara is beautifully calming, Shun gives you a break after the rush that is Tsugou no ii Karada, Irokoizata waltzes in after Togatta Teguchi, etc. etc. etc. blah blah blah.

Seriously though, I just love Sanmon Gossip as far as listenability goes. I can just start it up and listen to it all the way through. My only qualm with it is Bonsai Hada WHICH IS A FANTASTIC SONG FOR REAL, but man, it is just so so so intense that I need to pass over it. I could definitely see it as being a strong opener for a Ringo solo tour ala JCHI's "Yukiguni."

Then, maybe my equalizer has something to do with it. I shall try it on a different audio equipment.
W3iHong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.03.19, 04:25 AM   #36
Kingyohime

Kingyohime has had more than 15 seconds of fame

She's already got one new single out with Carnation. Seems entirely possible that we might see a new album from her before 2012 is out, especially if she decides to pad it out with solo versions of Jihen songs like Onna no Ko (although I hope not; it would feel so lazy :/).

Remember, she's allegedly wanted to call it quits with the band since Sports era. Who knows how much new solo material just waiting for a release she's come up with since then?
Kingyohime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.03.19, 08:24 AM   #37
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

The only way the Carnation single could really have any impact on how soon a subsequent album would come out, is if Shiina Ringo were going to reuse any of Carnation's B-Side compositions - which I'm really hoping she won't do. I like the songs, but it pisses me off whenever an album devalues a single - or when a single is premeditated to end up worthless.
Old 2012.03.19, 10:40 AM   #38
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

Ariamaru Tomi had a B-side that didn't end up on the album.
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.03.19, 11:00 AM   #39
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by TurtleFu View Post
Ariamaru Tomi had a B-side that didn't end up on the album.
Ariamaru Tomi itself didn't end up on the album.

I guess that means with the way Shiina likes to recycle songs, an album version of Ariamaru Tomi, Carnation and the Carnation B-sides are all going to end up on her next album.
Old 2012.03.19, 12:56 PM   #40
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

This thread reminded me of Ariamaru Tomi. That was a kick ass song. I guess the best song she's written since, huh?