Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2013.11.08, 10:34 AM   #131
thefro

thefro raises the standards of what a community can offer

This feels to me like the "Ringo emerges from her cocoon with a new, but awesome sound" song people have been waiting for. Of course with what happens to "Jihen" Ringo at the beginning of the video also makes that point. The video is pretty killer so I hope there's more of it to go with the rest of the song.

I know it's just a one off collaboration at this point, but I'd like to hear a whole Ringo X Nakata. I've only heard a bit of Capsule/Perfume but this seems to have a bit of an edge that those groups don't seem to have.

Anyway, the hit count of the video is going up a lot faster than "It Was You", so I expect this to do fairly well.
thefro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.11.08, 11:27 AM   #132
Rhea

Rhea is headed in the right direction

There's nothing about 熱愛発覚中 I don't like. I hope we get the full video soon!

I wasn't quite sure if I should get Ukina but between this and It Was You, I'm glad I did pre-order it.
Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.11.08, 12:59 PM   #133
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Rhea View Post
I hope we get the full video soon!
Next week...on Youtube...

I'm thinking the full videos will be up when Ukina is released or they won't be up on YT at all.

As for me, I'm pretty "meh" on Netsuai Hakkakuchuu (or whatevs). I mean I liked it, but it didn't blow me away or anything. I liked It Was You much more.
Old 2013.11.08, 02:08 PM   #134
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

I believe Music Station has a policy where it's all backing tracked or gtfo. It may even be lipsynched. Bands don't usually perform on there.

As for the song.... eeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhh...
I hear no Shibuya-kei: it's all new-Nukata popstep. And this could so easily be a Perfume song. The chorus isn't even that catchy to me, and Ringo's vocals are so subdued, it's almost doll-like. It's cold and distanced (I remember that's one of Maou's principal criticisms of new-Shiina). Apple by Towa Tei had the great structure where the doll-like vocals were contrasted with the more soulful, impassioned chorus. This is all tiny whispers and no real hook.
It's not bad, but it's not very Ringo! The scratchy and rawness of her vocals are part of her charm.
Also, while it's weird to see her dressed in such clothing (the black dress is very idol-like, but that megaphone section of the PV has some awesome design and clothing), I was mostly impressed with the choreography. Ringo should dance more, I think she's good at it. I really enjoy when she bobs and weaves to her songs, like in Himitsu or Marunouchi Sadistic.
This PV is super 80s BTW.

EDIT:
I think a found a pun. The character 発 (hatsu) in 発覚 (hakkaku) can mean counter-blow (like punches). Maybe why the video is martial-arts themed?

Last edited by TurtleFu : 2013.11.08 at 02:57 PM.
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.11.08, 04:10 PM   #135
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

@Turtlefu: just stick with Togatta Teguchi, Killer Pussy, APPLE, Amai Yamai. All are better. Plus you won't get annoying Nakata fans writing last.fm comments (which are mainly them focusing mainly on Ringo's asymmetrical boobs :-p).

The best part of the video are not just boobs here... for us Ringo fans, there's a whole bunch of references to Jihen for some reason... 10th anniversary comeback??? Ugh. I hope not. All these new Ringo tracks have at least been infinitely more interesting/less expectable, whether you like them or not...

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2013.11.08 at 04:17 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.11.08, 07:05 PM   #136
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
Plus you won't get annoying Nakata fans writing last.fm comments (which are mainly them focusing mainly on Ringo's asymmetrical boobs :-p)..
I've never been anywhere near the Ringo crowd at last.fm and thought about asking for a link at some point to check it out....maybe blissful ignorance is better.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.11.08, 07:05 PM   #137
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

Yeahh it's an interesting track I just wish it sounded better.
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.11.08, 07:47 PM   #138
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Nimh View Post
I've never been anywhere near the Ringo crowd at last.fm and thought about asking for a link at some point to check it out....maybe blissful ignorance is better.
It's basically half of the people on here, some people that USED to be on here and the rest are either trolls or Brazilians :-p The best part of it though, is that info about Ringo seems to show up there (or Kronekodow, of course) before it does here (and thus I usually relay anything of interest haha)
Old 2013.11.09, 01:59 AM   #139
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by TurtleFu View Post
As for the song.... eeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhh...
I hear no Shibuya-kei: it's all new-Nukata popstep. And this could so easily be a Perfume song. The chorus isn't even that catchy to me, and Ringo's vocals are so subdued, it's almost doll-like. It's cold and distanced (I remember that's one of Maou's principal criticisms of new-Shiina). Apple by Towa Tei had the great structure where the doll-like vocals were contrasted with the more soulful, impassioned chorus. This is all tiny whispers and no real hook.
It's not bad, but it's not very Ringo! The scratchy and rawness of her vocals are part of her charm.
Yep.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.11.09, 03:52 AM   #140
deadgrandma

Oi turtle, guess who is apparently gonna be on stage with Ringo during this Music Station performance? PERFUME. You were spot on....