Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2015.08.23, 11:00 PM   #921
Kitty

Kitty has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Thought this was a pretty cool cover of the Pink Tokarev. Plus they do a whole set!

Kobe University Music Club Cover
Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.08.24, 10:52 AM   #922
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by hoopra View Post
my favorite song right now, lovin this acoustic version

no musick
This is from Zettai, isn't it? One of the better songs on that album. A lot of the album towards the end blurs together for me, but this one always stuck out.
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.08.24, 01:23 PM   #923
hoopra

hoopra raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by FadedSun View Post
This is from Zettai, isn't it? One of the better songs on that album. A lot of the album towards the end blurs together for me, but this one always stuck out.
it's one of the two new songs from the pink tokarev album
hoopra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.08.24, 04:44 PM   #924
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Natsu no Mamono

Oomori's Natsu no Mamono song. (The other one on the single was penned by Mariko Goto)

An interview/conversation if anyone is interested: http://natsunomamono.com/yomimono/taidan_05.html

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2015.08.24 at 04:53 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.08.24, 08:58 PM   #925
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Yet another project Oomori has had her input in- *lyrics and composition for one of the tracks*, the artist is called Shiina Pika-Rin and the mini album is called "MAKAI NO OWARI". Out tomorrow on AVEX.

Oomori wrote the track "+゚*。:゚+(*´∀`*)+゚:。*+ぴかりんFUTURE+゚*。:゚+(*´∀`*)+゚:。*" - that's gonna be easy to remember...

Here's some bullshit press release stuff featuring stuff the two artists have to say about each other, I dunno if it's just Google translate but Oomori sounds more like she's sizing her up Nakata style (like Nakata picking his puppets), Shiina Pika-Rin just sounds like a dopey idol:

<椎名ぴかりんコメント>
あの大森靖子さんに曲を作っていただけたなんて、色んな人に自慢したいです!一見、可愛い曲なのですが、歌詞が凄く変態ちっくで、萌えます!!!ライブでは一体感極まりなくて楽しい☆いつか、靖子さんと一緒にライブがしたいです!!!!!

<大森靖子コメント>
ぴかりんのハチャメチャで濃厚な優しさが超ロックで大好きなので、その魅力を表現できるよう、そしてどんな精神状態でも一緒にアガれる曲になるよう努めました。魔界魔界かい?☆ぴかりんと一緒の素敵な未来を保証します☆魔界魔界魔界

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2015.08.24 at 09:09 PM.
Old 2015.08.27, 09:42 PM   #926
deadgrandma

WTF is the music genre 'nightcore' and why the hell do people label Sacchan No Sexy Curry it????

Man, I hate the genres people come up with sometimes...

However, speaking of Sexy Curry, here's the English translation of the lyrics (thankyou anime nerds!):

Dicing up the springtime with a silver knife,
Which flavor of boredom did I dine on today?
In a remote place like this,
I was so happy to finally meet,
Someone stronger than me.

We played with the same toys, separately –
Days of gaining experience points and levelling up!
I even achieved my own unique finishing move,
But I’m still unable to fight…

Don’t grow up, Sacchan!
Don’t die your hair brown, Sacchan!
Don’t get a boyfirend, Sacchan!
My precious… my precious…

Don’t grow up, Sacchan!
Don’t get a boyfirend, Sacchan!
Just be the strongest – my precious…

With a name like Sachiko, meaning happiness… can you ever really be happy?
What kind of clothes will you wear today as you break yourself?
I know that off in Tokyo,
All you do is hang around with long-haired guys.

Don’t grow up, Sacchan!
Don’t get a boyfirend, Sacchan! My precious… my precious…

The potatoes have vanished, Sacchan!
The pork belly is all over the place, Sacchan!
And the green onions… don’t cry, Sacchan!
Just be the strongest – my precious…

Sexy Curry~ Sexy Curry~ Sexy Curry~ Sexy Curry~

Yeah... I'm pretty WTF about those too. She sounds like Gollum a bit with the whole MY PRECIOUS repetition haha. I'm sure this would all sound less WTF in Japanese.
But damn I love the song and the way it progresses musically, building up to that gorgeous ending.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2015.08.27 at 10:09 PM.
Old 2015.08.28, 05:00 AM   #927
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by hoopra View Post
it's one of the two new songs from the pink tokarev album
Oh. I thought every song on there was a cover from a previous album. Didn't know there were original songs.
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.08.28, 05:15 AM   #928
deadgrandma

Yeah there's 4 new tracks if my count is right.
Old 2015.08.28, 07:35 AM   #929
Hideki

Hideki has had more than 15 seconds of fame

...speaking of karaoke, there's nothing like seeing Seiko's reaction to seeing Midnight Seijun in karaoke for the first time and then singing it! Plus tons of crying T_T
(I know it's an old video but I came upon it like a month ago and was totally touched)
She starts talking about it at about 18:00~(and mentions how she used to cut class to go to karaoke all the time)

Midnight Seijun Isei Kouyuu in Karaoke!
Hideki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.08.29, 12:52 AM   #930
Kitty

Kitty has had more than 15 seconds of fame

While we are talking about Sacchan's sexy curry, I found someone's interpretation of the song, and the person makes the interesting reading of viewing Sacchan as the curry. While I'm not sure about that person's putting the curry into the context of an old friend who becomes a stalker, I think the person make's a good point of seeing Sacchan as the curry.

If you replace the vegetables in the last few lines with Sacchan "Sacchan disappeared / Sacchan's fallen apart / Sacchan don't cry / be the strongest, be mine (my special adversary)" it makes for a poignant contrast to the earlier plea for Sacchan not to grow up and get a boyfriend. Just as a curry simmers and builds up flavor over the long term, Sacchan slowly develops into a woman, to the regret of the speaker, who wishes they could have continued in their innocent competition as they had done as children.

The person also makes the intriguing not that "curry" (karei カレー) could be a play on words with "boyfriend' (kare 彼), and while that person doesn't comment much on the significance of that reading, it could suggest a shift in their pre-pubescent competition in games to their post-pubescent competition in the adult world of dating/sex (having "minced away the spring of her life, ie her pubescent age), and while on the one hand it seems like a nostalgic wish to go back to a simpler time, on the other hand I wonder if it is just a continuing pattern of "losing" to Sacchan. And while the middle part of the narrator seemingly worried about Sacchan's choice of men, self-destructive actions, is the narrator actually having mixed feelings and wanting to feel like she is winning for once?

Anyways, here is a link to the person's interpretation.

http://matome.naver.jp/odai/2143752493054567901
Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote