Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News Upcoming releases, tours, TV spots, magazine appearances, et cetera. No posting threads allowed; instead, threads get moved in here from other places.

Old 2016.01.30, 10:14 AM   #1691
Entry№1

Entry№1 puts considerable thought into their posts

^ Agreed. This is nonsense.
Old 2016.01.30, 03:50 PM   #1692
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Hoping and praying that the DREAM FESTIVAL footage is not indicative of what the main tour sounds like...
Old 2016.01.30, 06:07 PM   #1693
harry4567

harry4567 raises the standards of what a community can offer

Some tour backdrops were used.

edit: and btw the broadcasted setlist:
マヤカシ優男
真夜中は純潔
神様、仏様
御祭騒ぎ
長く短い祭
群青日和
NIPPON

DELETED:
殺し屋危機一髪
harry4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.01.30, 06:27 PM   #1694
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

It just right now popped up on the blue site.
Old 2016.01.30, 07:48 PM   #1695
deadgrandma

Here's some thoughts I had after watching the special:

"Yeah it's alright. Not anything special but at least I feel like she actually cares this time. Better than Expo 14 and the other outdoor festival shows by a fair bit.

And it has to be mentioned. She looks hot. Damn fucking hot. Even the crown, goofy as it is, is acceptable to me. So there's that.

It's actually quite hilarious how much juxtaposition there is in the quality of the older songs (up to SG) and the OK-terrible standard of the songs after... it's knee-jerk noticeable.

But damn, SOOOOOOOOOOO much mic bleed. It makes Kamisama ridiculously (to the point that I just had to laugh at it) messy. Fuck... "

Of course, the mic bleed is also probably part of the broadcast's problem. The sound quality on the source file I viewed isn't the best either. SO take that part with a pinch of salt.

Overall, a sigh of relief. I will go in more confidence when the WOWOW show appears.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2016.01.30 at 07:53 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.01.31, 01:50 AM   #1696
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Wow, this was such a pleasant surprise. When it first began, I was like, 'yeah, I'm kind of used to all these live shows and old songs now,' but then as Mayakashi Yasaotoko progressed, then went into Mayonaka wa Junketsu, I was getting into her as much as ever!

I like the mood/tone of this show. It's not over the top and theatrical but not too schmaltzy. It reminds me of Electric Mole or the phase 1 festivals where it's just you and the song. I didn't like the autotune/Gunjou Biyori/Nippon parts. Kamisama went really well with Mayakashi and Mayonaka.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.01.31, 02:01 AM   #1697
deadgrandma

Yes, gotta say, there were those little moments where a few shivers crept up my spine. Not many, but it's promising to say the least.

Hope slightly renewed.
Old 2016.01.31, 03:49 AM   #1698
K__

K__ has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Was Mukai there? / Was Midorin there?
K__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.01.31, 01:01 PM   #1699
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by K__ View Post
Was Mukai there? / Was Midorin there?
No and No.

That was awful-to-mediocre outside of Shiina and maybe the drummer. Mayakashi Yasaotoko was the highlight of the night. Mayonaka was bland compared to the EM version and had some awkward transitions. It was like they were rushing from one part of the song to another for some reason. Omatsuri Sawagi was dull and the worst version of the song. Gunjou Biyori was dreadful. It's truly a sad day when I enjoyed Nippon more than Gunjou Biyori. Pretty pathetic that Ukigumo and Nagoshi together can't match Hirama's energy in a live setting. That guitar solo was bad. Really bad.

You could also convince me that an HZM stand-in was playing that show between the lack of energy and the heavy makeup he was wearing.

It's a shame really that the band still can't match Shiina. She was mostly on during the show and was fun to watch. Her vocals aren't quite as good as the pre-Phase 1 days, but they've improved quite a bit post-Phase 2.
Old 2016.01.31, 02:13 PM   #1700
deadgrandma

I like this. Maou being overly negative, me being a bit more positive.

This is how it should be.