Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2009.01.17, 09:01 PM   #21

02340234 has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I'm surprised more people don't post here. I guess I kind of obsessively like gogo, but yeah.

Their new single is futashika tashika

I'm not too impressed by it. Any thoughts? I don't feel like there's much of a reason for this single to be so long either.

On a side note, I got to see them back in March 07 in NY. When the 569 album came out, I saw my head in the audience on the DVD and I was super excited even though it's the back of my head and my friend actually got to interview them.. but YES, BACK OF MY HEAD!
02340234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.01.17, 09:21 PM   #22
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I'm still angry at them for skipping over Seattle even though they participated in all other cities involved with the Japan Nite tour.

But all remains right in the world because detroit7 is coming back to the United States for more Japan Nite touring, and words can only begin to describe how hard they rock in concert - so that helps to offset the whole No GO!GO!7188 In Seattle For 2007 tragedy.
Old 2009.01.17, 09:26 PM   #23

I can't believe they skipped Seattle! I live in MA, but they skipped the Boston show so I had to travel 4 hours there and back to see them in NY. I probably would have done crazier things if I had the money then.

I used to obsessively listen to detroit7, but I didn't find out in time they were touring here. I remember when I found out Nabana used to be in this band called Jamic Spoon.. that was pretty unexpected.. but I digress.
Old 2009.01.18, 11:16 AM   #24
zarya

zarya is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by 02340234 View Post
I'm surprised more people don't post here. I guess I kind of obsessively like gogo, but yeah.

Their new single is futashika tashika

I'm not too impressed by it. Any thoughts? I don't feel like there's much of a reason for this single to be so long either.

On a side note, I got to see them back in March 07 in NY. When the 569 album came out, I saw my head in the audience on the DVD and I was super excited even though it's the back of my head and my friend actually got to interview them.. but YES, BACK OF MY HEAD!
OMG I WAS THERE TOO!!!!
I took the bus down from Montreal (8hr!) to be there. I just had to.
I got to take pics with all three members after the show <3
This was one of the most glorious days of my life!
And I love that I have eternal memories of that even with the 569 DVD! I can't see myself in it, because I was standing at the right of the stage and the camera wasn't panning wide enough. And their setlist that night was just perfect, they played my top 3 favorite songs.

And I don't like the new single very much either >_< It's so disappointing, because 569 was excellent. The title track has some nice parts where it sounds like genuine gogo, but the rest is too boring. And the b-sides aren't great either.
zarya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.01.20, 05:35 AM   #25

Wow from Montreal? That takes some dedication, man!

I was standing on the left side under akko!!! I COULD SEE HER FILLINGS hahaha. I was so thrilled to see them since I never thought I'd get to.

Actually, because I'm crazy, I remember there being a guy with an afro there. Did you see him? He totally obstructed my view before gogo was up. I still curse that guy. Also, I was almost murdered by some overzealous fans during fat na kare.

I haven't heard the b-sides, but I'm really scared of the next album. Futashika tashika kinda sounds like Dani California by the Red Hot Chili Peppers.. Yes? No?

Last edited by 02340234 : 2009.01.20 at 05:40 AM.
Old 2009.01.26, 02:54 PM   #26
zarya

zarya is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by 02340234 View Post
Actually, because I'm crazy, I remember there being a guy with an afro there. Did you see him? He totally obstructed my view before gogo was up. I still curse that guy. Also, I was almost murdered by some overzealous fans during fat na kare.

I haven't heard the b-sides, but I'm really scared of the next album. Futashika tashika kinda sounds like Dani California by the Red Hot Chili Peppers.. Yes? No?
I don't remember that guy, the whole night I was exhausted cause we had been shopping all day (didn't really think this through ><) and the time I had any energy left in me was during GoGo's show, for which I was out of my mind.

Futashika Tashika has grown on me, kinda like the two last singles did. I'm always getting bored by the never ending ending to the song though.

However, THIS is what I expected of GoGo, and makes me really looking forward to the new album :

Go!Go!7188 - Antenna (live)
zarya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.01.27, 04:20 AM   #27

I'm pretty sure the new songs will grow on me eventually, but you know, I will always hold my standards pretty high after tategami. That was such a great album. Of course, I've listened to all of their older stuff so much that I almost can't listen to it anymore, but yeah hahaha

manatsu no dance hall really made me suicidal when it came out, but I don't mind it as much now.

Although I'm sure everyone has seen these, there are some great youtube covers here and here. Really helpful if you want to learn how to play the songs too. I'm too cheap for bandscore, but I was able to learn some stuff by ear and if I couldn't, I just watched live performances or those covers.

Last edited by 02340234 : 2009.01.27 at 04:23 AM.
Old 2009.03.13, 09:14 AM   #28
MBF

MBF has had more than 15 seconds of fame

any opinions on antena so far?

I must say... it really took me a whole lot of listens to be able to really enjoy it... even more than 569... but now I'm really appreciating it... even if i still find it sounding kinda "cheap"... don't ask me, why.

The song that surprised me most was Ame no hi dake no koi (did i romanize it correctly?)... it definitely rocks - not in a gogo way, but it rocks.
MBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.13, 10:21 AM   #29
a_grumble_cake

a_grumble_cake deserves a fucking medal

I've listened to it a few times but it never really grabbed me. I like the first 4 tracks and I usually stop listening after that...
a_grumble_cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.15, 05:23 PM   #30
jigenbakuda

jigenbakuda is headed in the right direction

Go!Go!7188 caught my ear with their chord changes, dissonance, and unique time signatures, Its this reason I love them, and this reason I'm still a fan. I really feel the latest album keeps that up, but I've only listened to it like 6 times, I need more listens before I offer my true opinion. But I'm still in love with yuu's enka like voice along with rock music, I love it!

If one lays a trap, isn't it the victims fault for falling in?
jigenbakuda is offline   Reply With Quote