Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2012.12.12, 03:11 PM   #31
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
The more that Nakata flaunts the image of women to sell his music, the worse his music has been.
Perfume has no image. They look like idol rejects. JM from 0.8秒と衝撃 has more appeal than all three of them combined.
Inseu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.12.12, 03:31 PM   #32
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Aaaaaaaaaaanyway.... 121212 thoughts:

Track one: Really enjoyed
Track two: REALLY enjoyed
Track three: Yeah
Track four: Meh
Track five: OK, next plox

Hmm... 3 out of 5

And that's about it. I still haven't lost any faith in her though. I'm still waiting for her to release a full length so then I can either fully see her potential soar or I can fully tear her to pieces. Though I'm barely that mean. Unless it's a Tori Amos album.
Old 2013.01.05, 09:12 PM   #33
Inseu

Her full length album キメラ is coming out on February 27th. Really looking forward to this and I'm not even a fan!
Old 2013.01.05, 09:21 PM   #34
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Weird... the tracklist (the album in English being "Chimera") on CDJapan is only 4 tracks (one of which is "Trash"), I think they've made some form of mistake. It also says 'release postponed'. I'll wait and see what happens before I preorder. I don't think first press will sell out super fast unless I'm underestimating her popularity.
Old 2013.01.06, 06:56 PM   #35
Inseu

She doesn't seem that popular. I just watched her Girls Factory performance and she received lukewarm applause from the audience. Granted most of them were there to see groups like Momoiro Clover Z and the setlist was pretty boring.

I discovered this great song called オトコノコノコトオ (and it actually has organs) from her indie debut Unhappy Birthday, and the song reminds me of Ringo's Identity. Dunno why she chooses to make stripped-down rock songs like 善悪の彼岸 when she's clearly capable of making music with more avant-garde arrangement. I just hope her full-length album is good and that she restrains those breathy vocals. They are nowhere as powerful and emotive compare to Ringo's twisted wailing.
Old 2013.01.15, 08:15 PM   #36
LoBFCanti

LoBFCanti is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by Inseu View Post
She doesn't seem that popular. I just watched her Girls Factory performance and she received lukewarm applause from the audience. Granted most of them were there to see groups like Momoiro Clover Z and the setlist was pretty boring.

I discovered this great song called オトコノコノコトオ (and it actually has organs) from her indie debut Unhappy Birthday, and the song reminds me of Ringo's Identity. Dunno why she chooses to make stripped-down rock songs like 善悪の彼岸 when she's clearly capable of making music with more avant-garde arrangement. I just hope her full-length album is good and that she restrains those breathy vocals. They are nowhere as powerful and emotive compare to Ringo's twisted wailing.
Yeah that is a great song, I gravitated to it immediately when I first got the album, "Look at this name!- THIS SONG HAS TO BE GOOD". I only had Unhappy Birthday and WnS for about a month after discovering her and then that first mini-ablum came out- otokonokonokotoo was on loop for a while.

She needs to get all the "ok" stuff out her system. She also needs to start for someone on a tour to get a fanbase going. She still is pretty much of small indie notability. Most of us unanimously agree she needs to just do her crazy stuff all the time.

Last edited by LoBFCanti : 2013.01.16 at 06:16 AM.
LoBFCanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.05.28, 08:37 PM   #37
deadgrandma

Quite digging this. Even though a lot of the songs we've heard before (some are new arrangements, some are exactly the same as before), it has a great flow. And all the new tracks are top shelf Kominami (yep, even the ballads). Strong first full length, lets just hope the next one is more new song based. I imagine this would be really great if you haven't heard any of her music before though.

Oh, and the production is really good (perhaps verging on overproduced, but whatever). Whoever recorded these drums is a fucking genius! Just listen to the more 'rocker' tracks like "Drink Me" and "パンを齧った美少女" to hear what I'm talking about...

Oh, and not like it makes a difference to the music, but: possibly candidate for best album cover of the year so far for me.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2013.05.28 at 09:07 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.06.05, 12:55 PM   #38
LoBFCanti

LoBFCanti is headed in the right direction

I think I'm a slave to here from here on. I really get upset when I get 3 ballads on an album from an artist like her- but I actually liked them :/

I'm not sure if this is me settling or them being just that good. Drink me was the first thing I put on loop. I don't necessarily like the chimer ver of Doujitahatsu.
LoBFCanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.09.13, 06:09 PM   #39
hoopra

hoopra raises the standards of what a community can offer

after a few unattentive listens while multi tasking, track one off 121212 hooked me, on repeat right now, dont feel like checking any other songs yet
hoopra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.09.14, 08:33 AM   #40
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Sooo, I accidentally came across this song as well a few days ago:

Originally Posted by hoopra View Post
found this track from this thread lol
http://onehallyu.com/index.php?/topi...iina-ringo-20/
pretty good, not that close tho

not really
I know I participated in this thread already, but I never checked out her music or anything about her. The only reason I did listen was because it was one of the featured videos on Susumu Nishikawa's site. So there you go. Kominami's mainstream sound and minor Ringo-ness comes from the guy partially responsible for the MM/SS sound producing, arranging, teaching and playing guitar for her.