Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2007.05.07, 10:24 AM   #71
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

I still have so much to play...
I think I'll finally finish Dragon Warrior/Quest 7 (a WOW game, play it Ô_o)

Maybe after that I'll try out Disgaea

Problem is, I still have to play
Chrono Trigger
FF12
ff8
FF6
FF Tactics
Persona
Persona 2
Dragon Quest 8
Zelda A Link to the Pat

And this week I will buy Phoenix Wright
Not to forget that I'm playing Pokémon Red again!

But I know this list is nothing compared to what Glath has to play...

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.07, 01:37 PM   #72
freshevryday

freshevryday pleased at least somebody

Metal Gear Solid (all of 'em)

Blog: Just Can't Help it!
freshevryday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.07, 09:33 PM   #73
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by golem09 View Post
I still have so much to play...
I think I'll finally finish Dragon Warrior/Quest 7 (a WOW game, play it Ô_o)

Maybe after that I'll try out Disgaea

Problem is, I still have to play
Chrono Trigger
FF12
ff8
FF6
FF Tactics
Persona
Persona 2
Dragon Quest 8
Zelda A Link to the Pat

And this week I will buy Phoenix Wright
Not to forget that I'm playing Pokémon Red again!

But I know this list is nothing compared to what Glath has to play...
Final fantasy XII is the best rpg ever! I have been a huge fan of FFVII my whole life, and still am, but I can't say that it is better than XII. Play that one first
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.07, 11:21 PM   #74
golem09

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe View Post
Final fantasy XII is the best rpg ever! I have been a huge fan of FFVII my whole life, and still am, but I can't say that it is better than XII. Play that one first
I already play that game since it was published in the US last year. I have to force myself to play it, it doesn't attract me at all. I like FF7 a lot more.
But both are no match for Xenogears or Dragon Warrior 7

MyAnimelist
Old 2007.05.08, 07:50 AM   #75
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

I tried pretty hard to get into FF12, but it didn't cause the twinkle in my eye like the other ones have done in the past.

Here's my list of games I've started but have yet to complete:

1) Final Fantasy V (I've been playing this game for about 10 years)
2) Lunar 2: Eternal Blue (I bought this game for $70 at Best Buy and played non-stop. Two weeks later, I saw it at Best Buy for $25. I was so upset that I stopped playing and never went back to it)
3) Vagrant Story
4) Breath of Fire III (I got pretty far into this one)
5) Breath of Fire I, II, and IV (yeah, I started all of them. I got pretty far into the first two as well.. I probably should have concentrated on one and then gone on to the others, but I was in love with the series at the time and thought I'd beat the first four all at once)
6) Parasite Eve (one of my first PS games.. I actually thought I sold it until I found it just now. I got near the end and then my memory card got erased. I'll likely never touch that jawn again)
7) Star Ocean: The Second Story (didn't get too far, but I heard it was really good)
8) Dragon Warrior VII (I don't want to talk about it)
9) Xenogears
10) Chrono Cross (I got within the last two or three hours of the game, but I stopped playing for about 2 months. When I came back to it, I had no idea where I was. I checked strategy guides and walkthroughs, but with the whole time-travel system, I didn't even know what planet I should be on at that part of the game. Oh well.. Ahh, that reminds me,)
11) Chrono Trigger (I got really far into this game too. I was playing it as a ROM, but it always froze when I got to a certain part. I never bought the actual game.. but maybe I will someday, because it was actually pretty fun)
12) Final Fantasy Tactics
13) Final Fantasy Tactics: Advance (I liked this game a lot, but I ALWAYS fell asleep while playing it. So I just gave up.)
14) Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (I was so excited to buy this one, but once I got it I played it for about 20 minutes.)
15) Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II (I beat the first one, but kinda forgot that I had this one after playing four 4 or 5 hours)
16) Star Ocean: Till the End of Time (Bought it, played for an hour, let my friend borrow it, got it back after a year, never touched it again)
17) Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana (I think I liked this game.. I'm pretty sure I played it for 5 or 10 hours (nothing in-between, mind you! It was either 5 or 10))
18) Xenosaga (uhhh)
19) Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland (One day last year, I suddenly had to urge to play a farm simulation RPG. Just like that. I couldn't sleep until I owned Harvest Moon. I was quite proud of myself for having fun without killing mass amounts of people. I even showed my mom to impress her, but I think she thought it was boring. I played for 10 or so hours. Then never again.)
20) Shadow Madness (This game was my worst nightmare. I felt disgusting while playing it (it's for PS1, by the way), and my battle with the game lasted for 4 years before I finally sold it. You had to keep switching between disc 1 and 2 late in the game, and after quitting and letting the game accumulate dust for 10 months or so, I completely lost my place. I vowed to vanquish that beast, but alas, I could not. I might buy it again someday.)
21) Shadow of the Colossus (I asked for this game a couple Christmas(pl) ago. As soon as I started playing, I lost all interest. My brother played 15 hours of it for me though.)
22) RPG Maker (PS1) (Haha, I made an awesome RPG on this beast. It was actually really good... I had spent probably close to 35 or 40 hours working on my game, and it had maybe 15 minutes of playtime to it. Then my brother's friend came over, stole my memory card, and moved out of the state. He actually came back years later and claimed he didn't know what I was talking about. It took me quite some time to get over that incident.)
23) Legend of Legaia (My friend let me borrow this one. I got pretty far, but I reached a really tough boss that I aim never to fight again. I should probably find a way to get this game back to him...)
24) Warcraft III
25) Half-Life
26) Silent Hill 3
27) The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
28) Dragon Quest VIII
29) Final Fantasy XI, Ragnarok Online (I played 15 hours of FF11 and somewhere around 60 of iRO. Time wasted!)

This list is getting depressing, so I'm just going to stop now. It's sad to think that I've played 200+ hours of games that I'll never finish (not including the MMORPGs). And this list didn't even include games that I still want to play. Most of which I'll never complete.

Last edited by fluffiethesock : 2007.05.08 at 07:54 AM.
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.08, 08:00 AM   #76
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Star Ocean (2) is worth finishing, i really thought that was a good game. And you gotta play more in either FFT game (id recommend Advance just cuz of portability.) Trigger, definitely play through more, Cross you can skip tho! =p Zelda LTTP you gotta beat too, best Zelda.

Drop Xenosaga like a bad habit. You can drop 'Gears too if you'd rather play a game than read a book (unless the story rerally grabbed you, but from the sounds of it, it didn't.) Star Ocean 3 is pretty drop-worthy.
Old 2007.05.08, 08:38 AM   #77
ophy

ophy pleased at least somebody

In no particular order:

The entire Silent Hill series
The fatal frame series
Xenogears
FFVII
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
FFXII
Parasite Eve
Katamari Damacy
Okami
Disgaea
FFIX
SaGa anything, except for Unlimited. That game blew.

Hmm... I have more. Let me think later ;O
Old 2007.05.08, 09:04 AM   #78
golem09

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
Drop Xenosaga like a bad habit. You can drop 'Gears too if you'd rather play a game than read a book (unless the story rerally grabbed you, but from the sounds of it, it didn't.) Star Ocean 3 is pretty drop-worthy.
I love both games, gears certainly more than saga. And I really liked the fighting mechanics of Gears and saga ep II. Not to mention, that the story of both games is almost unbeatable.

MyAnimelist
Old 2007.05.08, 01:16 PM   #79
CatchFiveBats

CatchFiveBats has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by freshevryday View Post
Metal Gear Solid (all of 'em)
QFT.

Probably one of the best game series in the history of games, ever. I actually wasn't too fond of 3 (the lack of radar raped me something horrible), but 1/Twin Snakes and 2 were ungodly awesome.
Old 2007.05.08, 11:41 PM   #80
Jonny

Jonny puts considerable thought into their posts

fluffiesocks - you should complete Half-life.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote