Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2007.12.29, 07:38 PM   #61
vegetarianham

vegetarianham pleased at least somebody

Personally, for me, Hatsukoi Shojo was worth the whole album.
I was never a fan of the whole electronica style, so I wasn't impressed with Oiran at all (or the remake of Yokushitsu, for that matter). Hatsukoi Shojo however is somehow incredibly well layered, and hauntingly beautiful to listen to.
I preferred the KZK versions of most tracks bar Poltergeist, I would have loved to have heard the filter on for the whole song. It sounded like the right kind of old-fashioned classic.
vegetarianham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.15, 08:43 AM   #62
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Hatsukoi Shoujo is like a representation of what it sounds like to be seduced by the Muses.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.26, 06:37 PM   #63
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

I've had to argue some really dumb stuff in my day, on this forum unfortunately. But this thread is probably the most concentrated sector of the stupidest, brain-dead, stuff I've had to argue. Such as "why its lame that an artist releases an album of material we already paid for" (not talking about compilations of course.

Had to start off with that cuz lookin at this thread just pisses me off*

But THE REAL reason I'm posting is, if you noticed my posting pattern today, that I've been re-listening to the HF songs. And I noticed something.

If you can outright DELUDE yourself into believing ZX is new material, and Shiina can in fact rock still, the non-rehashed songs aren't bad and can be seen in a kinda Mayonaka way.

SO OMG REDUX TIEM??

Well, there's little I can do, but I did put together a nice little HF playlist that: is an interesting listen, showcases the songs as best as Shiina is allowing, doesn't have a bunch of crap stuff we heard before to pad out the disc! (this also lets the completionists, such as myself, out there sleep easy that their mp3 player collection is ideally complete, but also isn't inviting unwarranted filler)
Originally Posted by Heisei Fuuzoku Dehash
1. Hatsukoi Shoujo
2. Karisome Otome (Tameikesanno ver.)
3. Sakuran (Onkio ver.)
4. Oiran
5. Gamble (HF ver.)
6. Kono yo ni Kagiri
Just humor me and give it a listen. I think its a solid, enjoyable listen -- even if you liked the original run order (maybe.) Here, I think we do get a rock star exploring musical avenues that some people professed we were getting all along. Limiting the "stiff and stuffy" songs and giving some extra room to the more lively songs we did get.

The more the orchestra is a supporting player, the better. So thats why I swapped vers of Sakuran -- I like the more bossa-nova one here. Plus it seems to naturally segue to Oiran. =p
*Hedo

EDIT: also Neko (the poster and the Shiina site) are "wrong wrong wrong" about HF as it's mysteriously absent from the MoRA box set

Last edited by Tokyo Jihad : 2008.09.26 at 06:56 PM.
Tokyo Jihad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.26, 07:15 PM   #64
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Gamble's a rehash though ? (and not for the better)
I'm giving your play list a spin right now and even though shorter it's a lot tighter and not so meh (as in time for the skip button) I can't pretend these songs are going to become favorites now but it's better.

Gamble sounds like a Bond theme (not good) and Kono Yo no Kagiri still sucks.

Last edited by Ringo~Bingo : 2008.09.26 at 07:20 PM.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.26, 07:19 PM   #65
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

well, Gamble is in under the "Yattsuke Shigoto clause" where its different enough from the original, and wasn't already previously released.

Also I wouldn't want MBF to lose any more respect of my opinion =p

And yeah, I know theres nothing can make KYNK suddenly sound as awesome as Izon Sho or whatever, but I think it props the songs up better. Which is all we can do, unfortunately.
Old 2008.09.26, 08:08 PM   #66
zarya

zarya is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
EDIT: also Neko (the poster and the Shiina site) are "wrong wrong wrong" about HF as it's mysteriously absent from the MoRA box set
I think it's because the DVD-quality audio from HF is already availabe?
Your playlist is truly a "best of HF", I'll give it a listen!
Although I still keep Ishiki in my rozipod... I can't get enough of that song for some reason.
zarya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.26, 08:29 PM   #67
Tokyo Jihad

CD vers of all of them are already available too...and WtH...
Old 2008.09.27, 12:38 AM   #68
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

I think all the Anniversary releases show that they are focusing on the "original" Shiina Ringo.
Unfortunately, tho, I don't think that will be the case with the next live shows, eheh.
Besides, HF is too far ahead in time, and even if it is the 4th (or 5th) solo album, it can't be joined in the "mole" timeline. Ah, and they should have included UM in the MoRA box as well, I find it a fitting album.

Btw, I love HF, mostly every track. I don't think it is as alien from her career as Variety is. And even if we clearly know she wanted to do something different for HF first, the result still is and sounds a lot like Ringo.
I can totally understand a fan not liking HF, but the hate should be moved somewhere else, aka TJ's 3rd album. Because while HF represents a successful acomplishment of a new task (soundtracking a movie and still be herself), Variety represents a TERRIBLE acomplishment of a new task (excluding herself from song making and choosing the wrong guys to do it).
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.27, 12:44 AM   #69
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Shinji
I can totally understand a fan not liking HF, but the hate should be moved somewhere else
Don't worry Shinj, I have plenty of hate to go around! when I first heard Variety my ability to hate leveled up by at least 3 stages! now I can cast it upon multiple recipients at once.
Name:  shock.gif
Views: 76
Size:  50.7 KB

Last edited by Ringo~Bingo : 2008.09.27 at 01:18 AM.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.27, 01:34 AM   #70
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

More so, Heisei Fuuzoku is a recent release, so you would assume it wouldn't need a re-mastering. And, as mentioned above, it's already released on DVD-A. Either way, they probably wouldn't include it as it's not exactly a solo album.

I think this is pretty obvious considering WtH isn't available on the CD box because it's recently been released. But it is available on the DVD box as it's never been released on DVD-A.