Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2008.05.07, 05:30 AM   #1
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts
Default Ringo Anniversary Releases

on July 2 ringo will release an anniversary 2-disc album entitled watashi to houden and a dvd watashi no hatsuden. the album will be her singles with coupling tracks (from the singles and albums?) representing her best and the dvd will be her entire music video discography going from her first up to her last video presented together as one, complete with a newly shot video for Mellow for the dvd. On top of that for her birthday in the fall they are doing a three day anniversary live show in saitama sometime in november, the details aren't fixed for that yet.

soooo everyone, get talking!
Old 2008.05.07, 05:35 AM   #2
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
on July 2 ringo will release an anniversary 2-disc album entitled watashi to houden and a dvd watashi no hatsuden. the album will be her singles with coupling tracks (from the singles and albums?) representing her best and the dvd will be her entire music video discography going from her first up to her last video presented together as one, complete with a newly shot video for Mellow for the dvd. On top of that for her birthday in the fall they are doing a three day anniversary live show in saitama sometime in november, the details aren't fixed for that yet.

soooo everyone, get talking!
Thanks for the information! It seems like there won't be new songs at all... Well, and what does "Watashi to Houden/Watashi no Hatsuden" mean?
Old 2008.05.07, 05:44 AM   #3
kuro_neko

houden means an electrical discharge. hatsuden means generation of power, as in electricity, so watashi to houden might be taken as The Burst and I while watashi no hatsuden could be My Generation. that sounds so awkward though...

the new video for Mellow was shot in high def and will be presented as such on the dvd. and the first press bonus will be presale lottery for the november lives.
Old 2008.05.07, 05:46 AM   #4
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Some of the PVs on the original Seteiki Healing volumes, haven't been in very good quality. Hopefully we'll get a remaster. We might also get crossfading between videos, in the HF manner.

Since I already have all the Seteiki Healing volumes in their neat solid-color-plastic cases, I'm not sure whether to look forward to this, or dread it. At least tack something new onto the end of the CD.
Old 2008.05.07, 05:50 AM   #5
Orenji

houden means an electrical discharge. hatsuden means generation of power, as in electricity, so watashi to houden might be taken as The Burst and I while watashi no hatsuden could be My Generation. that sounds so awkward though...

the new video for Mellow was shot in high def and will be presented as such on the dvd. and the first press bonus will be presale lottery for the november lives.
Interesting. It reminds me of the "Electric Mole" title thing *_*.

And... WHAT?! A PV for "Mellow"?!?!?!
Old 2008.05.07, 05:58 AM   #6
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

so it's just a singles collection and a video collection...I'm a bit more excited about the 3 day live performance.

She'll probably still get my money, she knows I can't resist anything with her name on it

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
Old 2008.05.07, 06:52 AM   #7
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

I'll likely get the DVD soon, as my Seteiki Healing volumes are VCD's and thus awful quality.
Old 2008.05.07, 07:12 AM   #8
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Mellow! Fuck yeah! A pv for Mellow is clearly catering to the Jihad-demographic. I, for one, approve. This means that all 3 of my 3 fav Shiina songs evar will have pvs! (Honnou, Ichijiku, and now Mellow!)

Last edited by Tokyo Jihad : 2008.05.07 at 07:19 AM.
Old 2008.05.07, 07:45 AM   #9
kuro_neko

the two disc album is going to be mostly b-sides and coupling songs rather than singles. they didn't specify how exactly but it could either be one cd with her singles and then the other cd with her best of coupling tracks. or they might just intersperse them all together over 2 cds. either way, the email spent quite a bit of time talking about her coupling tracks and no time about the singles, it didn't even say it was a "best of" or a "singles collection" so it isn't far to assume it is either quite yet. Mellow will probably be the single to advertise the cd and dvd seeing as they shot a video, so it is fair to assume it will be on the cd as well and treated as "new" material. this seems it will get handled the same way the brilliant green's singles collection was released (they had cd and dvd dual release as well).
Old 2008.05.07, 08:21 AM   #10
Orenji

Mellow will probably be the single to advertise the cd and dvd seeing as they shot a video, so it is fair to assume it will be on the cd as well and treated as "new" material. this seems it will get handled the same way the brilliant green's singles collection was released (they had cd and dvd dual release as well).
First "Gamble", now "Mellow"... The next single will be "So Cold" LOL. I hope "Mellow" won't be the only 'new' song...
Closed Thread