Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2008.12.01, 11:26 PM   #51
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

You really think the originals sound better? They were cold and dry in the first place. It'd be depressing if the DVDs were even colder. I do, however, think the remastered CDs sound better. I'm hearing things I didn't pick out before and they don't lack warmth any more than the originals. The intentional noise on SS seems to be toned down as well.
Old 2008.12.02, 12:49 AM   #52
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
This is what the poster looks like:
I want that on my wall right now HMV still havn't replied to my message, they're usually pretty quick. Probably too busy dealing with the hundreds of orders they likely screwed up.
Old 2008.12.02, 02:36 AM   #53
Jesse

WTF.....

DVD Ringo Shiina / Mora

You do not need to return the defective items
and you can dispose of them if you do not need them.
We will send you the replacements shortly.

We will let you know via e-mail when the items are dispatched.
That is sooo not normal.
Old 2008.12.02, 02:38 AM   #54
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

That's quite lucky! you'll have two boxes for the price of the one! they probably messed up so many orders that they just don't wanna be overwhelmed with all the returns.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.02, 02:52 AM   #55
Jesse

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo View Post
That's quite lucky! you'll have two boxes for the price of the one! they probably messed up so many orders that they just don't wanna be overwhelmed with all the returns.
I dunno how they would manage to have the stock to replace them all though.
Well now I got an easy Christmas present for someone, lol

I'm still finding it hard to believe that's what they're doing. But perhaps my luck is changing! I had a good chance of winning $2500 in a competition today, but didn't win.. bad luck spell I tells ya!
Old 2008.12.02, 07:00 AM   #56
pocket

pocket pleased at least somebody

Wow perhaps it is changing! I hope you get your order soon and it's correct Jesse!

.........I actually cancelled my HMV order because it was the easiest way to stop things screwing up. I'm gonna cross my fingers and hope that YesAsia actually do have some in stock!
pocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.02, 07:31 AM   #57
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by ShadyNook View Post
The audio is sharper, like a dial was turned up or something to help you pick out every instrument clearer. I'm not saying the sound is better, but the warmth is gone. I think the original cd versions sound better when played through the same sound system. I imagine the analog version sounds wonderful. Digital clarity isnt all that great when it comes to music.
People seem to commonly mistake mashed or muddled together, as "warmth". If that's the kind of sound you want, try playing it on Bose speakers.

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
You really think the originals sound better? They were cold and dry in the first place. It'd be depressing if the DVDs were even colder. I do, however, think the remastered CDs sound better. I'm hearing things I didn't pick out before and they don't lack warmth any more than the originals. The intentional noise on SS seems to be toned down as well.
If you say the 'remastered' CDs sound better, then I believe you, but at the same time it's not going to compel me to open up my CD box. I'm very certain that if I downsample from the audio of the DVDs, that I could make my own CDs that sound exactly like the ones from the CD box.

EMI has done a major disservice to the fans by not remastering KSK when they reissued it in July. At least, I don't think they remastered it, especially since all the gap zonings were down to the exact same miliseconds as the old copy-protected originals. I will go back and listen to it again, but I didn't hear significantly more air between the instruments like I did with the MoRA DVDs, and I don't think 96kHz/24bit alone was responsible for that.

I'm pleasantly surprised by how much better Shouso Strip sounds. I was expecting it to be the worst among all the MoRA albums, because I almost hated the way it sounded before. The guitars have far more texture, the bass comes through thick and clear, and the added synth noises no longer cloud the rest of the sound. Benkai Debussy went way beyond my expectations.
Old 2008.12.02, 09:01 AM   #58
zarya

zarya is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
WTF.....

That is sooo not normal.
Omg, you're so lucky!!!

Also, that poster is lovely. I never dare imagine it would feature an old-school Ringo picture!!
zarya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.02, 10:52 AM   #59
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

who didn't get this release? I am an avid collector but I skipped over this one....seemed a bit lavish...I'm starting to wish I got the cd box now that everyone is talking about it...especially if it sounds better than the originals...I figured the remasters probably wouldn't matter that much but if you guys are noticing differences that makes me sad I didn't order ;;tear;;

sooooooooooo where might there be a copy left? yesasia?
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.02, 10:55 AM   #60
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

^I also gave them a miss, put my money to work elsewhere.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote